>>>>

Thursday, July 14, 2005


Liberated Shooflies! Digging through that drawer of snipped off triangles and small pieces, I made a handful of free-form shooflies and let them be as unsquare as unsquare could be, chopped off points and all! I wanted the shooflies to be 'child like' in construction. Sometimes I think things are so purposely wonky, that it looses it's effect...so these aren't WAY off, just enough to make you go, hmmmm.... :c) I framed them with 2 rows of 1.5" cut scrap strips log cabin style....when it came time to add the borders it just didn't have it! I've had so much fun quilting on the "best things" quilt with the letters in the border, and being inspired by my friend Tonya who is the word-queen of quilts....I decided to do words in the border. At first I was going to just do "shoo fly, shoo"...but it looked so unbalanced that I had to add the "flies in the buttermilk" to the upper corner. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it, Bonnie, absolutely love it. Course I'm biased towards the whole letter thing, but the whole quilt looks great and greatly fun. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,
    How do you make your letters? I love the idea of words on quilts.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)