>>>>

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Does anyone realise that this drives me crazy that my posts are in reverse order? Are you scrolling down the page and reading UP? The red calico in the borders is deteriorating, the brown for the cornerstones I think was a home dyed fabric. Whatever the dye was, it was caustic and the brown fabrics are shattering worse than any...but the greens, other reds, and blues are just as bright and vibrant as they were 100 years ago. I wish I knew who this maverick quilter was, and what others thought about her one blue maverick block in this very intricately pieced red and green quilt! Maybe someone will wonder about my funky quilts some day....who knows..... :c)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great find! I always keep my eyes peeled for a really special quilt, but so far I haven't been this lucky. Enjoy it! (And thanks for sharing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt..great story too!

    Little Mountain Star is perfect. How really great that it landed with you. Love the revised profile too..*G*G*G*G*

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)