>>>>

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May Quilty Box Drawing Time!




Yes.  Yes I know.

Yes, I know that I said I would do this drawing on Monday evening, last evening –but if it were you and you were busy sewing and chatting and hanging with a group of fabulous quilters on your last night of retreat – would you pull yourself away to go chain yourself to a laptop to write a blog post instead?

No, I didn’t think so either! LOL!

Besides, while I was here on the west coast, by the time it was 7pm here and my usual time to do evening blog updates, most of the east coast and all of Europe would still be in bed.  So I made an executive decision.

I have many great photos of fun show & share from yesterday, but this morning I am off to the airport and I decided to spend the remaining time with the quilters lingering at breakfast as well, and that post can happen TOMORROW. From fast internet.  Instead of me fighting big posts all the way.  Deal?

Today we DRAW!




Someone is getting a bundle of Alex Anderson fabric!



and ALL of these wonderful goodies!

You can read more about the items in the May Quilty Box in the original give-away post.  This just may be the best box yet!

683_2

The random number generator says 683!!

683_1

KAREN MANDT!!

Karen you are the winner of the May Quilty Box.  I’ve sent you an email.  Get back to me with your snail mail address and I’ll have the kind folks at Quilty Box get your prize to you.

Thanks for participating, everyone!  There are more fun give-aways to happen soon, so stay tuned!




  • Quilty Box is a monthly subscription box of fun quilting supplies. We offer plans from $44-48/mo.
  • 5% of the profits of multi-month subscriptions are donated to Quilts for Kids - a non-profit which donates quilts for children in need
  • Each month we have 4 or more products (fabric, patterns, thread, or notions)
  • Our retail value of the products in the box is always more than $60
  • June's Quilty Box Featured Artist will be Masako Wakayama from CribQuilt.com.
  • The next Quilty Box will ship around June 11th. Subscribers will need to purchase before June 10th to receive this shipment.
  • We will be using the hashtags #QuiltyBox and #GetQuilty

  • Your support is appreciated. If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me.
    Get Quilty!
    Patrick Claytor, CEO
    patrick@quiltybox.com
    QuiltyBox.com

    I love knowing that part of the proceeds go to benefit kids.  To me that is a win/win all the way around!

    After this post uploads, I’m off to breakfast and the airport.

    Yesterday I did something I rarely do.



    After yesterday’s lecture I asked each of our retreaters to choose one of my quilts to sleep under for our last night at retreat. The response was amazing, and we are making great memories. This is what it's really all about, folks!

    Of course I have great motives – this way as each one brings their quilt to me at breakfast, they can help me fold them and stuff them into the bags that will carry them home with me!  Bonus!


    I hope everyone had sweet dreams!

    I’ll be back in 2019!


    Yesterday’s relaxing on the front porch of my cabin!

    I’m going to miss this place, and the ladies, but I’m ready to go home.


    My last two blocks sewn at Royal Ridges!

    I have Judy D to thank for providing me not only one but TWO featherweights to sew on while I was here.  I only used one.  She thought I might need one IN my cabin, too should I not be able to sleep due to the time difference.  I’d rather sew with PEOPLE than alone!  And it felt so good to be one of the girls.

    And there is more of this in my very near future.  My next trip after Memorial Day is up to Kentucky to teach on a retreat there!

    Okay. Off to breakfast, packing up the quilts, and heading to the airport.

    5_23_2017
    Quiltville Quote of the Day!

    Vintage quilt shared by Nancy during yesterday's show and share!

    I have spent an amazing week with two groups of wonderful Quilters! We've made beautiful blocks, played with gorgeous fabrics, sewn on wonderful sewing machines, but the best part was getting to know each of them! They are as beautiful on their insides as they are on their outsides.

    This girl is on her way home!


    Follow me on Instagram!

    Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

    Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

    11 comments:

    1. Beauty was all around us. The time spent enjoying our Beautiful world @Royal Ridges was so precious to me! I'm so grateful for your thoughtfulness and sharing with all of us!

      ReplyDelete
    2. You have not convinced me this was a working for you retreat. You sound like it was a vacation with quilting. LOL My granddaughter starts travel fast pitch softball this weekend and they laugh at me that I bring my sewing machine and quilt in our off time. Well they laugh until they need a pair of ripped pants or torn belt loops fixed. I am the go to Granny!!! Love your blog and hope someday to actually get to quilt with you somewhere. Arkansas does not seem like an option.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Bonnie you need more of these retreat workshops! I think they are as good for you as they are for the retreaters. Lucky ladies to be able to sleep under one of your quilts. Safe travels and hope that you spend Memorial weekend in Va. Also congrats to Karen!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Congratulations Karen! 💕💕💕💕

      ReplyDelete
    5. Congrats to Karen for winning a Great Quilty Box!

      Bonnie, you are so kind and wonderful to share your quilts with these great ladies. I wonder if I can come join them in 2019? After all, I would be back in an area I love, as long as it does not rain all the time!

      Donna
      Kasilof, AK
      Where the sun is shining, but it is windy today.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I hope your travel is over for the day and you are safely home. NC welcomes you back. Congratulations to Karen.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Congrats Karen!

      Bonnie, I had such a great time at our retreat. I just can't wait to get these quilts done so I can show you in 2019. Thank you for all of the wisdom you shared. Going to give those ideas to use. Thank you again for everything and also for going on the horse ride with us.

      I had not meant anyone before going and felt very welcomed. I felt like we all knew each other and never missed a beat. That is so special. Thanks ladies :)

      Dena :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Sounds like an awesome retreat! If had the opportunity to sleep under one of your quilts, I would stay up all night admiring it!

      ReplyDelete
    9. The Washington retreat looks amazing. I love reading about all you do on your blog.
      I am fairly new to quilting. I will be finishing sewing on the binding on my 5th quilt today. I learned how to quilt by watching on line classes but would love to go to a retreat some day. Do you ever come to Oregon?

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thank you for letting us sleep under your quilts. It was the best retreat ever made even better by your presence. You are a fabulous teacher and great human being. Loved just sitting and chatting with you. TWO MORE YEARS!!!💜💛💚💙

      ReplyDelete

    If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

    Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

    Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)