>>>>

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Showin’ & Sharin’ Ohio Style!

20170310_124445
We had a wonderful array of show & share quilts during my time with the Osnaburg Quilt & Fiber Art Guild in Alliance, Ohio this weekend!

So many gorgeous quilts made the journey along with those who had traveled in from all over the state of Ohio as well as parts of Pennsylvania, Indiana and beyond.

We were all enamored with this gorgeous Celtic Solstice rendition in pink and brown.  PINK AND BROWN!!  I just love it when a quilter’s vision takes them in their own direction to make the quilt of their dreams.  It’s like we are partners in quilt-crime side by side.  Isn’t this luscious?

Take a look at the back – it will knock your socks off:

 20170310_124511

HOORAY for orphan blocks, pieces and parts!

20170310_124637

Allietare makes an appearance, and these mystery finishes do my heart so much good.

The best part about the mysteries?  I can imagine that we are all working on them at the same time.  A global effort to create something beautiful in a world that is increasingly less so.  And instead of focusing on the things we can’t change – we are making beauty and comfort where we can.  We might be stitching solo at home…but if we could get a global view from space, we’d see quilters quilting in unity all over the globe.

20170310_125415

Another Allietare completion – just beautiful!

And yes, I’m already thinking of what we are going to do for THIS year’s mystery quilt.  I can hardly wait to do it again.

20170310_124813

A glorious En Provence finish!

20170310_124918

A totally fun Scrappy Trips from the free patterns tab with a great layout!

20170310_124951

A Christmas themed Smith Mountain Morning
(This book is at clearance price in the Quiltville Store for $19.99!)

20170310_125041

I love this piano key border on Jared Takes a Wife!
From the free patterns tab.  Whoowhooo!

20170310_125137

An Allietare top in browns and blues.  GORGEOUS!

20170310_125251

A smaller version of En Provence!

And wait for it!

Just check out the leftovers:

20170310_125322

I SO LOVE THIS!!

20170310_124700

A leader/ender 4 patch in progress!

20170310_125704

Doesn’t this just dance before your eyes?

I’m still thinking on what we want to do for this year’s Leader/Ender challenge that starts in July.  I’ve been leaning toward rail fence, but I love 4 patches, and this would be extremely fun.  We may need to have a poll.  HA!  too many quilts, too little time – don’t you agree?

20170310_150825

A lovely Boxy Stars from the free patterns tab!

20170311_103850

And an absolutely FABULOUS Blue Skies share from String Fling made by Jill Peck!

This one swept the breathe right out of me.  WONDERFUL!

17155361_10155130924048909_5907658061166842293_n

Extra Special Visitors!

Last night i had the extra pleasure of spending the evening with friends Rick & Mona, their daughter Caitlin and granddaughter Carmen! And Beanie!

We had a great visit at a local Mexican place. and will catch up with them next weekend in North Carolina while we make the move across the border to Virginia.

The original plan was to have them drive any leftover cases of books back home to North Carolina for me -- but we literally sold out of EVERYTHING that I had shipped ahead for this event.  There was nothing left.  Thank you Ohio quilters!

I don’t get to see Carmen all that often, and she is growing like a weed.  That hair-do just cracks me up.

This is being sent from the airport where I am waiting to board my flight.  The whole Spring-Forward thing this morning made it too hard to think of getting up even earlier to write it before airport time.

I’ll be in Grand Haven, Michigan early afternoon and we’ll be on to the second leg of this adventure.

Did you remember to Spring y our clock Forward an hour?

3_12_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Keep growing! Keep learning!

If there is still another day to live, we haven't reached as far as we can go yet.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, just beautiful quilts to all of you. So glad you were able to see Mona and her familly. Safe travels to Mich. Wish I could have come but will watch from here in Tn. I am just amazed at all the talent from all over the world and what is created. Have fun,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mystery shares. I would love a rail fence leader and render. I have a huge stash of Asian fabric that would work great for that😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an especially beautiful post of quilts. Great job to all of the ladies who had a quilt shown here! Keep doing what you do, Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent showing of your quilt patterns! WTG quilters! Such a blessing you have such a huge following! Safe travels! Carmen is so cute and Beanie too! She's growing up so fast....seems like yesterday Mona was in OH to help out! Glad they were there for you and also don't have to take back your leftover books! Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the thought that quilters all over the world are making beautiful quilts inspired by you!
    "Beauty will save the world" (Dostoevsky)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think that's a cindy lou who hairdo...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!! Kathy S. in the spotlight on Bonnie's blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mystery brings many Quilters together in a vast Sew-in. I await the choosing of colors and simple piecing that comes each week. The results amaze and surprise me everytime. Great showing in Ohio! En Provence Mystery is my Favorite one so far. I Loved the abundance of PURPLE I got to use. Just needs the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for including my picture of the 'Blue Skies' quilt top in this blog post! And also using it for your quote. Oh what fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carmen's hairdo is known as the palm tree do here in Guam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Either choice would be great for a leader/ender project. Earlier this morning I was just thinking it was time to use up some strips and a rail fence came to mind.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)