>>>>

Friday, July 31, 2015

Kiss in the Corner in Oelwein, IA!

20150730_101028
Iowa Retreat Day 1!!

We’ve got this retreat going in two different nearby towns, Oelwein, and West Union –with fabulous retreat centers housed above shops –nearly 60 women (And one hubby that I know of!) participating!

It’s a roaring good time, and we had a wonderful start yesterday morning.

Yesterday and today you will find me in Oelwein at Lou Ann’s Quilt Garden and Retreat center, while Jo & Kelli of Jo’s Country Junction are with the other group at Moonlight Stitching Studio and Sisters Retreat over in West Union!  Both of these cute little Iowa towns are a haven for quilters…and they are each getting four days of workshops, as Jo, Kelli and I will swap locations on Saturday morning!  I’ll be in West Union, and they will take my place over in Oelwein to continue the fun.

 20150730_101020

Kiss in the Corner!

Our Project yesterday was full of fun little shoo-fly blocks – Kiss in the Corner, found under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog! Everything comes from 2” strips and squares and 1 1/2’’ squares for the “kiss” in the corners of the sashings that join to make the spinning friendship stars.  You know how I love yellow – but we had all kinds of different color plans and styles in the works.  It is so great to see what other people are inspired to sew with…just wait until you view the slide show!

Our shoo-fly triangles were made with 2” strip sets and the easy angle ruler, and the gals got this down pat!  Little blocks finishing at 4 1/2’’ were shoo-flying all over the place!

20150730_151139

Oh, Canada!

We’ve got retreaters from as far away as Texas, California, Nebraska – and we’ve gone INTERNATIONAL with several ladies that drove 10 hours or more to come from Canada!

Oh we are having a great time!

20150730_151740

Show them how it’s done, girls!

20150730_151801

New friends being made!

20150730_151924

And this is going on all the way through Sunday!

20150730_155616

We’ve got LIVE MUSIC!

This handsome fella is Lou Ann’s hubby Jeff – and he came in toward the end of our workshop time to play his guitar and serenade us with song.

Yes, there is heaven in Iowa, and it is found in Oelwein!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You'll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
Kiss in the Corner, Oelwein, IA 2015



Last night we presented a double trunk show for the retreaters and the public at the Williams Center, a performing arts center with really nice auditorium in town.  Jo and Kelli gave a great presentation with many of their wonderful quilts, and I got to be the closing act.  What a late night, it was 11pm by the time I turned in.  But such a good feeling at the end of a great day.

Today we’ve got Midnight Flight from More Adventures with Leaders & Enders  up on deck….let the little pieces fly!

Have a great Friday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

12 comments:

  1. Hey Bonnie, I'm not able to see the slide show link. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina in NJ9:00 AM EDT

    I have no slide show image from my iPad mini, and I usually do. Just don't want to miss the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:09 AM EDT

    No slide show here, either. Enjoy your time in Iowa from an Iowan quilter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to complain but I think you forgot to put the link in to the slideshow. Maybe not. Maybe I am just not seeing it. I also would like to ask when and where you classes from Colorado will be available. You probably put that on the blog somewhere and I just missed it. Thanks for all the stuff you do. I really like this kiss in the corner pattern. I need to take another look at that one.
    Ellen in Arkansas
    eterry@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, the slide show link isn't there but we know how busy you must be so just whenever you get around to it. We are happy to know that you are up to your usual good stuff for our sisters (and brother!) quilters out there on the plains!
    Hugs to you all
    Yourfavoritelibrarian from Collaboration Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, Jo, and Kelli together! What a great time!! (P.S. Thanks for the reminder about KITC. I feel a scrappy quilt coming on . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:53 PM EDT

    Bonnie ... you inspire me to make more quilts! Looks like you all are having a great time. I'm working away on my tumbler quilt. And paring down my scrap stash to manageable units using your scrap saver system. Bonnie ... YOU ROCK! :)
    Pam M.
    gramapama10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betsy in SD7:15 PM EDT

    I am SOOOOO jealous. I tried to sign up for this retreat, but it was booked even when I tried long ago.....Looks like it would have been a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:18 AM EDT

    I didn't see a slide show icon either but when I clicked the first photo it enlarged and began to roll! The first time ever for me! Love the variety of colors. Johanne, 2 hagars@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so very much for the slideshow; I felt like I was right there enjoying all the fun with the other gals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome picture i saw all 27 of them. I use à iPhone abd The series are there to look at all of them . Wish i was there. Lol. Have fun everyone. Thanks for sharing The pictures. Yoka

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just went to an estate sale there were 2 featherweights and they both are priced at $400 each with cases, they are willing to go to $225, what questions should I ask, is this a good price?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)