>>>>

Monday, August 10, 2026

All Through The Weekend -


Why this photo?

Because I found the car on empty - warning light on and everything and I had to go up and over and around to get to the nearest gas station.

Still - everything has become the deep green of August and I love this view in all seasons so I had to stop on the road, roll the window down and take a quick snap before moving on.

It just never ceases to catch my breath.

And I'm just really glad that I don't have *that* driveway in the upper left.  Mine is bad enough!


The last day of retreat was spent with much stitching and fitting it all in!


More blocks and more blocks.


And even MORE blocks!


How many more blocks?


Enough that Morning Glories is really beginning to take shape!


Abundance is getting its sashings!


This panel is getting borders!

(Side note: Every time I see Daniel Radcliffe all grown up it seems weird to me. Like I haven't aged at all, but how could be be this old now?!)


If you are wanting to spruce up a panel and not sure where to start, Panel Mash Up by Gudrun Erla and Doug Leko will give you loads of ideas.


Stair step borders are in progress -


With this pattern as inspiration!


Borders are on this beauty!


And while all of this was going on, I was out here with a 10 year old!


It was the perfect opportunity to enjoy being on the porch and de-papering some string diamonds.


How many string diamonds?


102 so far. I'm not even half-way yet.

And no, no dent in the strings has been made.

It just boggles my mind - but oh, the possibilities!

This clear plastic box held invoice sheets.  I found it perfect for holding these diamonds away from Hazel's grasp.  They've been pinned in sets of 10 so I can easily keep count.


And it seems that I'm going to have to keep this basket here behind my machine.  She loves it.  And it keeps her from nesting into the scraps that I'm sewing.  Whatever it takes!

Casden went home with Jeff on Saturday afternoon.  That left me home alone Saturday night and all day yesterday.

I am happy to report that the pantry has been emptied, much stuff pitched due to expiration date expiry. (Don't tell the hubster that I pitched several boxes of expired gluten free ice cream cones in boxes! Why did he buy a whole case anyway?)

It is so satisfying to look in there now and know what I have, find it organized, and also to have two big bags of things to go to Goodwill this week.

My dinner was a big fridge clean out - I had two zucchinis from Susan's garden that I quartered and sliced and tossed with olive oil and onion, garlic seasoning, Italian seasoning, marinara sauce, and some cooked sausage balls I pulled out of the freezer.  After baking I went in search of cheese - no mozzarella??? But half a bag of pepper jack did the trick.

I've got enough to last me about 3 nights.  Which means I can quilt instead of worry about dinner.

Next project - big cupboard in the kitchen needs a going through. It's got all of the canned goods and they are a mish-mash.

And....I need to get the binding on the Bliss hexie. That's for binding up next.  YAY!

How about your own weekend? Did you dig into anything and make some progress, even non-quilting?


Last chance to reserve your spot!

Our fabulous Christmas Market tour through France, Germany and Switzerland is happening soon and your ability to join us ends September 1st.

I would so love to have you join me!


We'll be exploring Zurich, Basel, Strasbourg, and Nuremberg.


We'll shop for wonderful treasures and treat ourselves to baked goods and hot beverages while we wander the Christmas markets.

We'll warm ourselves inside while we explore the Mulhouse Fabric Museum.

There will be opportunities to shop for fabrics we can bring home.


I have experienced these places in the summer - I'm really looking forward to the beauty of the holiday season.

For more information, visit my travel page.

Let's make some memories together!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Perspectives change.
 
Things become more clear the longer we live.

Life is like doing a deep dive into the pantry and discarding everything that expired while you weren't watching!

Have a marvelous Monday, everyone -

 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:25 AM EDT

    An idea to keep those pantry expiration dates from creeping up on you and surprising you: Write the date on the front in Sharpie before putting the item in the pantry. I do this and it totally works. I can quickly see what's coming up for expiration and use it or donate it before it's too late. I can go in the pantry and grab the right stuff without wondering is this the older one or the one I just bought. I don't have to spend hours later cleaning out the pantry and getting out the magnifying glass to scrutinize the date on every last thing. Kind of the same thing I do with my fabric. I write the date I bought it and where on the selvage. Except fabric never expires!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)