>>>>

Monday, August 17, 2026

Can't Believe It's Monday!


So much for the weekend!

It was gone in a flash -

And speaking of Flash....he has started to exhibit some new "normal" cat behaviors after being with us for about a year and a half now.

Learning is slow when you don't have a mama cat around to teach you -


Still can't pet him, but....

He is doing things he has never done before...like rubbing his face on everything with his tail in the air. (The tail in the air thing began earlier this spring, and that was a new one.  He finally feels comfortable.)

He has *attempted* to assume the posture of rolling over and showing me his belly while I fix his food in the morning.  THIS IS NEW!  He's a bit awkward, but you can tell he is trying to allow his instincts to shine through.

He has started accepting treats right from people's fingers without swiping a murder mitten at them.  Before he would only accept food if you dropped it at his feet.  

He feels more comfortable around the many *strangers* that appear each week, a different group each week.

We are hopeful that by this time next year he will love being petted and scratched.  It would feel so good!

Still - if this is as much as he will accept from us as a once feral kitty, we can accept that on his terms.

But progress is progress and baby steps still move us forward!


All through the weekend, the quilters kept quilting!


Check out this adorable Kittens quilt by Thimble Blossoms.


Of course it will be named after Flash.  LOL!


Silk Path was reaching block stage -


And before I knew it, it was taking over one whole design wall!  YAY!


The Iris quilt was also on display, growing row by row.


More sampler blocks in Cherrywoods!


Pattern is Pieceful Nights by Lori Smith.


Something fruity is happening here!


Elizabeth Hartman's Produce Section!

(No Cyclospora found here!)


Stripes, stripes and more stripes!


Whooowhooo! Nola's Peaks & Valleys quilt is coming along.


Potting Shed rows are being added!


Embroidered fronts of mesh bags - a whole assembly line!


And one completed.  How adorable!


I didn't want to miss out on any of the fun either, so I brought my diamonds over to trim up so I could partake in conversations.


I put my four test blocks up on the design wall so folks could see what I was doing.

And guess what?

All the diamonds are made. (That was the easy part, and no it didn't make a dent.) and now I get to start assembling the rest of the blocks with all of their Y seams for real.

I'm about to get quite competent at Y seams. (Can you tell I'm trying to encourage myself into this??)


Hazel giving me the look of "Don't get to impressed with yourself."

I just love that little snaggletooth hanging past her lip.  But let's not tell her.  We don't want to embarrass her.


And...a lot of time was spent at my desk getting Sunnyside ready!

Remember - it all begins TOMORROW! 

And it will be a trifecta of things - because my friend Bruce Leonard is releasing his newest Hadley Carroll Mystery, Quilt City: Payment Declined.

Bruce's quilt-themed mysteries happen in and around Paducah, Kentucky and are loved fare and wide by quilters and mystery lovers alike, so I'm excited for this next installment in the series to be available.

And...my publisher C&T is hosting a gift-away for 5 copies of Scrap-Savvy!  I'll have the link for you to enter that gift-away as well.

Whew. This week is kicking off with a bang!


But perhaps best of all -

I took the last stitches into Bliss last evening. It's done.  All done.

It was dark when I finished, so I'll get some final photos hopefully today as long as the rain stays at bay long enough to get them done.

How about your own weekend? Start something? Make progress on something? Finish something? Dream of something?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -


Sometimes, the things we put off don't seem as big or bad if we just get in and get started. ⁣

What project have you been putting off?

Happy Monday everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)