>>>>

Monday, August 03, 2026

Weekend Quilt Warriors!


What is happening on the porch?

Something I haven't seen done since I was in Camp Fire Girls in the 1970s.

Decoupage!

The ladies were applying little dried and pressed flowers and other fun motifs to Oui yogurt jars and turning them into the prettiest of votive candle holders.

So easy and fun for all and everyone has a little memento to take home after their fun week on retreat.


Yes, quilters also like to paint and paste!


It was a fun little break away from the machines on a Saturday afternoon.


Only Flash (bottom left corner) was disappointed that there were no food snacks involved.  He was unimpressed with mod podge.


The quilting quarters were busy as rain came and went -

Projects are layering upon other projects as we begin to run out of design wall space!


Darling nine patches are going to frame  a precious panel with a sewing theme.


Perfect woodsy animal blocks fit for a hunting guy.


More Rolling STone blocks - great use of a layer cake!


Lakeside Dock scene - completed with fabric bought locally to add to the memories.


More 5 point stars to frame George - are we there yet?


I also spent Saturday taking a victory lap around Festival before loading it into the long arm.

I don't want any of those seams popping open during the quilting process, and it really does help minimize any stretch.


But I did have to evacuate Hazel from my chair first!


Hazel! That's not the best spot either, girl.


AAAAAAnd....we are loaded!




Once again I don't remember the panto name, but I'll get it.


It has these echoed heart shapes and curls.

I'm using an antique gold colored thread to blend through everything.


So far, so good!


I really did enjoy making this one.

Everyone says "you are so fast!" But really, not.  I just don't have 47 things I'm working on at one time.  This took me about 2 1/2 months to make.


The fun for me is finding which fabrics are going to pair with what - in the case of this red Pennsylvania Dutch looking red, it's vintage! I have no idea where it came from by the fabric was only 36'' wide. It's in here!


While the machine was running I did find a binding that will finish off the edge.

The quilt is about 64'' square - not that big. (Remember I said I was shooting for wall hanging size?)  And it will hang really well in the Hen Den when I am done.

We've had a ton of rain off and on through the weekend. Mostly during the nights, making it wonderful for sleeping.

Today is the last day for the August Quiltvillians, and we'll fill it up with more quilty fun and hopefully get our over the porch rail photos done in between cloud bursts.

Did you make any quilty progress over the weekend?

Summer is passing so quickly, and I want to stretch it out and make it last!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Interests become passions, passions become skills and accomplishments.
They also become our life line and our sanity when needed.
Embrace the learning curve!

Have a marvelous Monday, everyone -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)