>>>>

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Sew Fabulous!


This week got a little bit hijacked with our Gift-Away Trifecta and the drawing sign-up snafus...but here we are, all of the quilts and projects over the porch rail with the August Quiltvillians 2.0!

We worked around the weather, finding an afternoon full of sunshine so we could get these photos taken.

We had so many newbies, and that was exciting! I always love seeing things and feeling the excitement of first-timers as they discover the fun we have here.

Six from Iowa, three from Illinois, One from Wisconsin and the rest a mixed bag of tricks!


Beautiful quilts and lovely ladies!


Silk Path is SO CLOSE to being done!

I love the scrappy chain link quilt - does anyone have pattern info? Please leave it in the comments below.


It's a mountain theme!

Scrappy Mountain Majesties from the Free Patterns tab and Peaks & Valleys.


Blue Ridge Beauty from Adventures With Leaders & Enders is also found in Scrap-Savvy

The second quilt has been fun to watch coming together - it has a lot of partial seams and those stripes are fantastic.  Do you have the pattern info? Leave it in the comments below.

Did you enter the drawing on C&T's site to win your copy of Scrap Savvy?


The kind folks at C&T publishing and I are working together to give away five signed copies of Scrap-Savvy to those who enter on their website HERE.

After submitting the form on the entry page, check your email to confirm your subscription and entrance to the giveaway.

(You can always unsubscribe at anytime.)

Gift-Away info: Winners will be selected at random and emailed, and they will have 72 hours to respond with their mailing address. If we do not receive a response, we will draw another winner at random. Good luck!


Potting Shed quilt on the left (I watched this grow from the beginning!)

And Dawn's Early Light from String Frenzy. Wonderful!

I have always loved that border on Dawn's Early Light - I'd love to do a string quilt with nothing but those border units.  Ideas are swirling.  Sew many quilts, Sew little time!


Iris on the left, Kittens on the right!

Funny story - they told me to do a selfie and get everyone in the background and I did....but it wasn't until this morning that I looked closely at that photo and saw....to my own horrors...that there was SPINACH IN MY TEETH!

Good grief.

That means that I gave that whole EPP demo with spinach in my teeth. (Salad for lunch was yummy.)  And no one said anything?

Note to self - always check for stuff in your teeth before you do ANYTHING in public.  Geeeeez.


Thanks (I think) for not saying anything, everyone!


This was before lunch.  No spinach here.  LOL!


A little more hexie progress.

It doesn't look like much yet.  But a girl must have SOMETHING to stitch in the evening while unwinding with some murder and mayhem tv.

Things I've learned on this first motif:  My oranges/corals need to be darker.  That one stripe fabric (recycled shirt) fades into the neutrals.  Must have more contrast. 

Same thing with the greys.  They can't be too light or there is no differentiation between the grey and the neutral.

Likewise greens. Can't be so light they blend into the neutrals.


Ivy says "No lighter than the green of my eyes, mama!"

This continues! Did you enter?


Book 6 in the Hadley Carroll Quilt City series is now available for kindle and in paperback!

I'll be gifting away 3 signed paperback copies of Quilt City: Payment Declined.


I'll also be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Sunnyside PDF pattern from me and a beautiful Notable Neutrals roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts.


To keep this as hassle free as possible, I will draw for the 3 book winners, the 2 pattern and fabric winners from the SAME sign up on the Gift-Away Post so you only have to enter once.


Intro pricing: The Sunnyside PDF pattern is currently 25% off, no coupon needed - and good through 8/31/26. Hurry!

All The best scraps!

A simple little block that puts every saved bit to good use. Stitch a rainbow of scrappiness! Full color photos, graphics, and multiple unit construction options.

Quilt Size: 90’’ X 90’’ and easily customizable.

I'm trying my best to get over to the retreat early today as there are walkers in the group and I'd love to get out and get a dirt road hike in this morning.

And then....back to the string stars.

What's up for your Thursday?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Why is it always like a scavenger hunt? ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
And is there a prize if I find everything?
 
They are renovating our local Walmart and whole sections have moved from one side of the store to the other. It's like I've landed in the Twilight zone.

Have a great day, everyone -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)