I found myself with a couple of hours yesterday after everything at the retreat was made ready.
All of these little bits and pieces and strings and strips have got to be sewn into something.
The best thing about string piecing? ANYTHING can be made with strings.
You can cover any shape. You can color it anyway you want. There are no right or wrong ways to do it as long as the seam allowance is enough to hold it together.
It's fun. It's rewarding.
And yes - I even LIKE the tearing off of the paper when units are trimmed up and done.
And in the case of these blocks - I even like sewing the Y seams. There. I said it.
It rained like the dickens in the middle of the night last night. YAY for more rain.
I do so like Y seams!
Surely, you can't be serious?
(Don't call me Shirley!)
But right now the favorite bit is watching these scraps cover paper diamonds. I'm starting with a colored strip in the middle and then alternating color/neutral/color/neutral until the shape is filled.
It doesn't matter whether it ends with a color or a neutral - just that there is a color across the center.
Piles to trim. But I'm going to need nearly 300 of these!
Surely this is going to make a dent in the strips & crumbs??
I just love these little guys!
This morning routine of sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee and dogs at my feet is my favorite time of day before all of this blog writing and heading over to the retreat gets going.
Our new group began to arrive yesterday afternoon just as I was getting ready to head home. Si of our ladies are from Iowa!! They took two days to get here, shop hopping along their route. How fun.
I'm hoping I can get a few of them to agree to a dirt road hike this morning as we get to know each other.
And there WILL be more sewing of the strings, but I'm also at my desk writing up Sunnyside. Our Gift-Away for that one STARTS on August 18th. So be watching for that.
Any plans for your own Thursday?















No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)