>>>>

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Drawing Day!


Welcome to the weekend, Quilters!

Our big gift-away event is TODAY so I thought I would get this out of the way, and THEN we can get on to retreat goodies and projects-in-progress updates.

I'm thrilled with the response, I can't wait to see what you make with your own Sunnyside blocks!

This quilt is a true scrap buster and each little block is so much fun, I know we'll see some fantastic quilts being made in your own colors and fabrics.

And you know how I love a good variety of neutrals in EVERYTHING.  The Notable Neutral rolls from our friends at  Cotton to Quilts can't be beat.  They contain 20 different prints, each 8'' X 22" and are perfect for your projects.  

They also have other color rolls available too, so be sure to check them out.


I'll also be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Sunnyside PDF pattern from me...

AND:


a beautiful Notable Neutrals roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts!

And the winners are:


Anne Ray!


Brenda Peavy!

Congrats, ladies!  Please check your email inboxes for your notification email from me containing your Sunnyside pattern.

Please reply to that email with your mailing addresses and I'll have the folks at  Cotton to Quilts  get your fabric rolls out to you.  Enjoy!


Intro pricing: The Sunnyside PDF pattern is currently 25% off, no coupon needed - and good through 8/31/26. Hurry!

All The best scraps!

A simple little block that puts every saved bit to good use. Stitch a rainbow of scrappiness! Full color photos, graphics, and multiple unit construction options.

Quilt Size: 90’’ X 90’’ and easily customizable.


And now for our book gift-away!

Quilt City: Payment Declined is available in ebook and paperback.

Right on time, because I will need something to keep me entertained on my long flight to India coming up in a couple of weeks.

The world of journalist, quilter, and the mayor of Paducah, Hadley Carroll, unravels when a danger that had been neutralized reemerges, disrupting the peace in Paducah and threatening Hadley’s life.

Alexander Blevens, the Spur Award–winning author of
Arkansas Black and Bycatch, said the following about Quilt City: Payment Declined, the sixth Hadley Carroll Mystery:

“Hadley’s power to mend tattered lives and piece together evidence, with the help of her fellow quilters, is on full display in this tightly woven novel. Bruce Leonard’s mastery of mystery and suspense is stitched into every page. Let
Quilt City:Payment Declined pull you into a story rich with heart, intrigue, and unforgettable charm.”


If you are new to Bruce, and new to Hadley Carroll and love who-done-it mysteries with a quilty thread running through them, I can't recommend this series enough.

I'm drawing for three winners who will each receive a signed paperback copy from Bruce himself!


Linda Wray!


Margaret Sherman!


Margaret Shatford!

Check your email inboxes, ladies - reply back to me with your mailing addresses and I'll have Bruce get the signed copies of Quilt City: Payment Declined right out to you!

Did you enter to win a signed copy of Scrap-Savvy yet?

This gift-away continues through the weekend - the drawing happens MONDAY 8/31/26.


The kind folks at C&T publishing and I are working together to give away five signed copies of Scrap-Savvy to those who enter on their website HERE.

After submitting the form on the entry page, check your email to confirm your subscription and entrance to the giveaway.

(You can always unsubscribe at anytime.)

Gift-Away info: Winners will be selected at random and emailed, and they will have 72 hours to respond with their mailing address. If we do not receive a response, we will draw another winner at random. Good luck!

I think that covers us through the weekend as far as gift-aways go!


Yesterday's mailbox gifts!


This cracked me up - shrink wrapped by food saver!

I am so grateful, so excited!  Just look at this variety!  I want to thank everyone who has sent a squishy envelope.  I know postage is out of control.  The fact that you are sharing your stash with me for this next hexie project just fills me with so much gratitude for all of you.  Thank you so much!

More kitting up to come!


Winter Blues in progress!  I love these borders, so easy and they look so hared.  They are not!


I'm also loving watching the scrappy four-patches grow into something beautiful.

This is the best kind of scrap quilt!


Lupine & Laughter! I love this color way!


Speaking of colorways -

You can liven ANYTHING up by changing the colors.

Don't think that you are limited by what the pattern shows:


The pattern shows this in muted colors, but the one on the design wall is going to be saturated in brighter tones.


Row by row on the design wall.


Sampler blocks in favorite block patterns.



Morning Glories coming together!



It was a one and a half block day.

Most of my morning was spent at my desk, and I had to leave at 1:45pm for an appointment with the neuromuscular guy.  We are still working on the pan between my shoulders, coming from my neck and upper back.  We are getting there.  But it's a slow process.

Yesterday was also our 45th wedding anniversary, so I came home after my session.  And took a nap!  I think I needed it.

Dinner was simple - just porkchops on the grill, steamed zucchini with garlic and parmesan (And butter!) and a big side salad.  I love summer meals like this.

Tonight we are going out to celebrate with friends and that should be fun.

I can't believe it's Saturday already!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Exactly. LOL! ⁣
⁣Hooray for the weekend.....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)