>>>>

Tuesday, August 04, 2026

To The Last Minute


You know that feeling when you finally see the last border when quilting?

Or for those who are quilting on a domestic machine, or hand quilting - when you finally move to the last section and the end is in sight!?

It's hard to stop.  Just two more rows, please. Can't stop now. I'm almost there.

"Hi honey, dinner will be late tonight!?"

Let's get this thing off of the machine!

It really did quilt up quickly. All 64'' square of it. And my binding was ready and waiting...all it took was a trim up and 4 short sides to bind and it is now waiting for evening hand stitching.

As SOON as I get that last hexie border sewn on.  I can't stop the momentum there either. All things in their own place and time.

And what about the backing?


I am still on a mission to use up the "Why did I buy this?" fabric.  I bought this toile in Paris so long ago that I can't remember the year.  13 years ago maybe?

It was never right for anything.  And you know how I feel about big prints that are also directional. They end up being really hard to use unless it's a backing.

And someone's head is always getting chopped off somewhere. HA!


This reminds me of the red/white Currier & Ives dinnerware that I love so much.

And there was just enough. There is no more.  The remainder was used for the hanging sleeve, and I can now get this 5 yards out of my stash for good.


Meanwhile at retreat - more Rolling Stone blocks on the wall.  This is going to be so gorgeous for Christmas. The roses give it such a romantic feel.


Baby quilt on the wall is coming together.

I love the bright and splashy prints and colors. So cute!


Morning Glories is being worked in batiks! Love it!


Nine-patch borders surround a sewing themed panel - adorable!


Borders being worked out to surround a panel for a special guy who is going to love this.


William Morris medallion center is together!


These big stars will frame the center -


The pattern is called Morris Meadow by Barbara Brackman. Free PDF pattern HERE.


Something new is just beginning!  But look how interesting these units become when a diagonal stripe fabric is used in the squares.  It's going to be phenomenal - it almost looks like string piecing!


A whole farm menagerie is coming together here!


Pattern is Farm Life by Coach House Designs.


This also arrived yesterday via priority mail.

My India trip is coming up quickly - I can't wait!

There are still some openings in our Christmas Market Tour through Switzerland, France and Germany in November, right after Thanksgiving. I'd love to have you join me.

I'm also looking forward into 2027 with a tour to Thailand in JANUARY for my birthday!

I always try to go somewhere fairly warm for January - it makes a great winter break. Have you ever wanted to visit Thailand? Let's go!

I'm returning to Bali in July of 2027 on a fantastic batiking expedition. Are you interested?

And yes, we are going back to Scotland in September of 2027. Where are my Outlander fans? It's going to be an exciting travel year.


Hexie update!

I was up to here before sitting down to stitch last night.  And it's not as much THIS progress on the last border that I am excited about.


It's THIS!

I never thought I'd see the day when Lola and Tula would snooze side by side. 

Oh, there was much missing at first.  Tula was already on her end of the couch when Lola jumped up determined to find her place in my lap.

And they just had to call a truce if they both wanted to be where they both wanted to be.


Lola is still the Queen Bee Meany Pants. She is the one that out of the blue will just stalk and attack Tula to the point that Tula is always wary of her and constantly on guard.

But this is HUGE progress.

I have one or two nights of stitching this last border on and I'll have a flimsy finish.

I need to start thinking about backing!  And no, this one will not be scrappy.  Not for this one. I just don't know what I want to do yet.

I'll figure out what yardage I need and then make a decision from there.

Today:  Finishing up the PDF pattern for my little sewing machine stitchery for my India peeps.


I'm calling it Sew Busy!

I should have it done today, so those traveling with me can be watching for an email from Craftours containing your pattern and a class supply list and we'll be ready to go.

Everyone else - the pattern will be available after I return from India so look for it later September.

Any plans for your Tuesday?

Oh - the other big thing happening here.  The HVAC guys are installing the new split unit in the Quilting Quarters today so we can ditch the portable AC unit.  It's worked really well over the past couple of weeks, and I'm glad to have it as a back up, but I'm looking forward to having things WHOLE again.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I'm looking at YOU, fabric stash!

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)