This is what happens when a hand stitching date is accepted!
And it came right on time because some really weird storm system blew through and blipped the power (Thank you Generac for doing your job!) and the rain came in torrents.
We were cozy in the Hen Den!
Of course, what is a girl to do with a hand stitching invite, when she has nothing to hand stitch??
And teach a newbie how to EPP hexies in the process!
Carolyn had wanted to try her hand at hexies, and this was the perfect opportunity to grab some papers and pieces and all of the things she'd need to make her very first hexie rosette.
She did a GREAT job!!
And mark this date. Because this day (Monday) was the beginning of something new for me, too.
It all started here as I dug into my 2'' squares box for pieces that would work just to begin.
Coral to Orange. Grassy greens. Reds. Neutrals, and I'm pulling in some grey as my "path."
If you are thinking it sounds like my Grassy Creek mystery, you are right!
I loved these colors together and I'm ready to work with them again.
Here we are stitching away on whatever handwork we wanted.
Some just visiting for the fun of it!
Check ot this football themed runner!
It's got Packer colors on the back!
There was also a lot of quilting happening in the Quilting Quarters, rain or shine.
Oh, how cute!
This is Callie The Cutter from Everyday Stitches.
Tulip Swirl Leader & Ender blocks are growing all over the place, too!
And growing!
Now this might not look like much, but...
But it will be turning into this!
And even better...it came pre-cut as a kit. Perfect for retreat sewing. Only, it's all squares, no strip cutting...just squares. One. By. One. By. One. (Would also be a great leader & Ender project?)
Leftover William Morris strips are being sewn up here! So pretty!
Pressing on to get enough of Silk Path together to hang over the porch rail!
Over the weekend I was able to encourage a few folks to get in a late morning dirt road hike along the New River before it got too hot.
It was already too hot! But we went anyway. It's amazing what a 45 minute walk can do to clear your mind and boost your energy.
It was so humid I think my camera lens was smudgy!
The only thing missing in this photo is the sound of late summer cicadas.
Yes, this photo is backwards. I'm not sure what happened!
But we made it to the VA/NC state line!
3 cheers for the Iowa gals who got to add another sate to their road trip.
Thanks for coming along, ladies!
Our Gift-Away Trifecta got off to a great start! And then it didn't.
We had 1245 entries, and then I started getting emails, DMs, text messages, comments that people were saying they were blocked.
I tried it myself - I was blocked.
It had NOTHING to do with the blog, but with the site that hosts our gift-aways. They are back up and running now, so if you were unable to enter yesterday, head back to the Gift-Away post and get that entry in! I promise. Your entry will count.
The kind folks at C&T publishing and I are working together to give away five signed copies of Scrap-Savvy to those who enter on their website HERE.
After submitting the form on the entry page, check your email to confirm your subscription and entrance to the giveaway.
(You can always unsubscribe at anytime.)
Gift-Away info: Winners will be selected at random and emailed, and they will have 72 hours to respond with their mailing address. If we do not receive a response, we will draw another winner at random. Good luck!
We want to get this big beast (it's heavy!) of a book containing 30 of my best loved scrap quilt patterns into your hands.
So head on over there, get your entry in, and then come back to the Gift-Away page to finish up the other two things we are giving away.
Book 6 in the Hadley Carroll Quilt City series is now available!
I'll be gifting away 3 signed paperback copies of Quilt City: Payment Declined.
I'll also be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Sunnyside PDF pattern from me and a beautiful Notable Neutrals roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts.
To keep this as hassle free as possible, I will draw for the 3 book winners, the 2 pattern and fabric winners from the SAME sign up on the Gift-Away Post so you only have to enter once.
Intro pricing: The Sunnyside PDF pattern is currently 25% off, no coupon needed - and good through 8/31/26. Hurry!
All The best scraps!
A simple little block that puts every saved bit to good use. Stitch a rainbow of scrappiness! Full color photos, graphics, and multiple unit construction options.
Quilt Size: 90’’ X 90’’ and easily customizable.
Today - The Undercover Quilters are already on their way and will be arriving late this afternoon. So much to get ready.
I'm headed there now.
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
I find myself doing this all the time!
Happy Wednesday day, everyone!




































Such a creative group! That octagonal house makes me sad. I bet it was something in its day, it’s a shame there isn’t someone willing to restore it.
ReplyDeleteI was doing some Lefty, Righty the other night. I got the stand together but one screw wasn't coming back out no matter how I tried. I love that the Newbie was getting her hexie going. The leader/Enders stars are awesome. Happy Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteBonnie - I am currently working on Abundance! (I got energized to do it after you showing us yours while at Quiltville in March). I'm at the point of sewing the rows together - they are going together perfectly! I love your patterns - this will be my 24th "Bonnie" quilt! And I plan to do many more in my future - thank you!
ReplyDelete