>>>>

Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Where Did Tuesday Go?


Sunny then rainy. Sunny then rainy.  Such was on repeat-for-days during our retreat.

But the needed rain was a welcome event, and even those attending said how much they enjoyed the sound of the rain while sitting on the porch - just listening to it "ting" on the metal roof above.

Rain in the night sure makes for some good sleeping too when you hear it above your head all while you are tucked in cozy and warm beneath a quilt with sweet dreams of future projects dancing in your head.

We got out "by the mailbox" photos in the morning while the sun was still out - but by afternoon we were trying to judge just when we could sneak out for those over-the-porch-rail photos because more rain was inbound.

As long as there is cloud cover - it doesn't matter which time of day we do the side porch photos, but if it's sunny - we have to wait until the sun is on that side of the house or everything is backlit and dark.


Cloudy but a bit breezy at 2:30pm.  But let's go for it!

Pumpkins, flags and barns - oh my!


Bedquilt for a son underway, and equilateral triangle baby quilt and a lakeside dock scene.


Beautiful giant star, and cute little tractors.


Here's the full view of the tractors. Love the birds!


Sleepy dragon and peter rabbit!


Lovely sampler in brights and a William Morris medallion.


Beautiful florals and stair-stepping triangles.


Layers upon layers of quilty goodness!


Our three Michigan retreaters with the darling sewing panel quilt.


And a last minute Jelly Roll race finish on the last day!

We don't stop sewing until the end, y'all!


It was definitely a party - all week long!


I just love it when the whole porch is full to the brim.

(And yes, we beat the rain!)


Thanks for a great retreat week, August Quiltvillians!

We'll see you back next year!


Through a humid upstairs window -

While Laundry ran, the Blue Ridge Heating & Air guys showed up all the way from Christiansburg, VA to uninstall our old Mitsubishi split unit from the Quilting Quarters wall, and install the new replacement one.

It wasn't just the unit - but the whole compressor on the outside of the house that took a beating during our ice and snowcrete episodes this winter.

Remember this spring when Son Jeff built an overhang to protect it from future ice slides? A little bit too late, but we've got protection for the new one going in.

I have never seen a winter like the last winter we had.


It doesn't look exciting.

But it's in.  And best of all - it's going to keep that room cool in the summer and warm in the colder months and we've got protection on the outside for any future ice events.

Yesterday was also a "short sheeted" day as our Chiropractor moved our appointments up by a couple of hours (I usually go end of day) and we found ourselves heading to town at 1:30pm because he had a funeral later. Understandable. But it kind of stops my day in its tracks.

Laundry? Done.

Pattern sent off to Craftours for my India travelers? Done.

Those were my two most important must do's of the day.


Over the weekend I got a bit of time to get back to these while the quilting machine was running on Festival.


And I spent a bit of time while watching TV just removing papers and TRYING to get it all into the trash can between my knees.

By my count I need close to 300 of these string pieced diamonds. I've got a long way to go, and I know it's not going to use up enough scrap pieces, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying the process.

Today:  The Tada Quilters of Erie, PA and beyond are inbound!

And yes, there is more rain. But we need it. And I wish I could send it to Spokane.

I'll be finishing up the towel baskets at the inn, recovering pressing stations and waiting for their arrival this afternoon.

And maybe some more sewing time in between.

Anything planned for your day?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

True confessions - Today I over slept and running behind....
 
Then I remember that I'm the boss and I am in charge of my own panic mode.
 
Hello Wednesday! Let's get this thing done!

 

5 comments:

  1. Did she forget a kitty on the barn quilt. It is so cute Inez Fay Hulsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie P.10:13 AM EDT

    Thanks for the nod to Spokane needing rain! I’m in New Meadows, Idaho but one of my quilty friends has been evacuated from her home for nearly four days now. The people appreciate knowing the others are thinking of them, and ready to help where and when they can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the "Beautiful florals" quilt. It looks like the FQS' monthly box sampler QAL. The sashing is perfect!
    At our house we have an app on the phone that automatically tells us when the laundry is done. Ahh, Technology! Doesn't mean we jump up and get it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for The thought. They think it was Arson now. So sad for all the Homes lost in Spokane. Glad you got the important stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:34 AM EDT

    I really like the scrappy medalion hanging over the porch rail. Ellen Thompson

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)