>>>>

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

This Was Our Weekend!


I'm just going to put this right here front and center.

If you go hungry at retreat, it's your own doing.  LOL!

This was our Sunday lunch spread - as Sunday was the last full day of retreat, everything came out of the fridge for the best snacky kind of lunch you could ever have.

The last day of retreat is the best day to revisit all of the leftover tasty morsels from the previous days of plentiful food.

There's something here for everyone!


Our mornings have become cooler!

Sunday was also great for a dirt road hike way up to the top.  A favorite rest stop is the McMillan family cemetery where the panoramic view is amazing.


The season is beginning to change.  Our mornings have been cooler.  This morning it was only in the 50s and for the first time in months I didn't open the sliding glass doors to let morning air in through the screens.

Woah!  That happened quickly!


It was great to have some dirt road hikers on hand this week to keep me going.


Quilt projects were also making progress through the weekend.

Silk Path in green is getting closer and closer -


Here's some strip set productivity to prove it!


Winter Cardinal pieces are being joined...


into stacks of stars!


These are joined by spinning, twirling alternate blocks.

I've loved watching this grow day by day.




Mr. Bones!

Halloween is right around the corner!


It's Alice!


Mad Quilt Party Block of the Month.


Okay, this is lovely!


Another beauty by Valerie!


Robin finished her Taos top she started last year!


Pattern info.


Karen wowed us with her Wild & Goosey from Addicted to Scraps book.  I love this top!

This pattern is also found in my new book Scrap-Savvy!  Did you enter to win a signed copy yet?


The kind folks at C&T publishing and I are working together to give away five signed copies of Scrap-Savvy to those who enter on their website HERE.

After submitting the form on the entry page, check your email to confirm your subscription and entrance to the giveaway.

(You can always unsubscribe at anytime.)

Gift-Away info: Winners will be selected at random and emailed, and they will have 72 hours to respond with their mailing address. If we do not receive a response, we will draw another winner at random. Good luck!


She made my H is for Happy, P is for Pinwheel quilt for her grandson Henry!


Close up! So cute!

If H's aren't your thing, there is a cute version with pinwheels as well.


This became a mini trunk show!



So many cute scraps found a place in here.


Check this out!

Hamilton Gardens is ALMOST a top - more fabric to finish corners is at home.  Dang it!


This is going to be gorgeous!

If you know the pattern info, can you leave it in the comments below, please?


Some Jelly Roll fun happening here!


Pattern is Off Track By Cluck Cluck Sew.


Some speedy sewing happening here.


Pattern is S'Witched by Villa Rosa Designs.

I hope you enjoy seeing what everyone is working on, and you are getting some ideas for quilts you want to make. I bet there are some you wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Should I keep up the sharing of projects and pattern info?


My own weekend looked like this.


And a lot like this.


And there was some of THIS!

(And yes, that is spinach in my teeth again. Sigh. Too bad.)


I did take my completed blocks next door to the Quilting Quarters so folks could see what I was up to.

They all agreed that the Y seams are worth it.  

But for those of you that hate them, I will do a demo with extra seams in the corners and sides running through the sold fabrics so you don't have to do them.  Options are our best friends some times.

As for helping you with bulk in the center? Are you crazy? This is a string quilt. Each seam has 2 layers. You have 16 layers of fabric coming together in the center. There will be bulk.  Get a hammer.  LOL!

For those who missed my Facebook/Instagram/Threads/Blog notification email yesterday -

The reason there was no post is I had to leave the house at 7:15am to go to the airport in Tennessee to pick up Hubster Dave after his red eye flight home from Oregon. He had a great time visiting with his brothers, extended family and friends.

We are also grateful to have him back safe and sound.

Sometimes life gets in the way and I have to set things aside (Love you guys, but I'm not getting up at 4:30 am to be sure you have a post with your coffee!) Sometimes we need to skip things, and then we pick the ball back up when we can.

Things happening this week:


Book 6 in the Hadley Carroll Quilt City series is now available for kindle and in paperback!

I'll be gifting away 3 signed paperback copies of Quilt City: Payment Declined.


I'll also be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Sunnyside PDF pattern from me and a beautiful Notable Neutrals roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts.


To keep this as hassle free as possible, I will draw for the 3 book winners, the 2 pattern and fabric winners from the SAME sign up on the Gift-Away Post so you only have to enter once.

Drawing happens SATURDAY 8/29/26.

Intro pricing: The Sunnyside PDF pattern is currently 25% off, no coupon needed - and good through 8/31/26. Hurry!

All The best scraps!

A simple little block that puts every saved bit to good use. Stitch a rainbow of scrappiness! Full color photos, graphics, and multiple unit construction options.

Quilt Size: 90’’ X 90’’ and easily customizable.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Just this. Please give yourself the time and kindness you give so freely to others.
 
Please count yourself among the precious ones.

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)