I'd been waiting for this all day!
Afternoon porch sitting with the September Quiltvillians.
I had walked through the kitchen earlier to the effervescent aroma of freshly juiced limes. I later found out that they juiced NINETY (Yes, as in Nine-Zero) limes so they'd have fresh beverage makings on hand in the fridge to last over the coming week.
Strawberry Margaritas on the porch to celebrate the last few days of August and into September we go.
We had some impromptu show & share -
Oh, how I love a scrappy pineapple quilt!
I bet you can guess what this is!
Old Town on the design wall!
Is this one of the Villa Rosa designs that come on cards?
There is so much going on in this corner!
A couple of Lupine & Laughter (Love the colorway on the left!) A Hera quilt on the right, with a sprinkling of Amish With A Twist in Tula Pink fabrics.
Block of the month - but it will look SO different!
This will be fun to watch grow.
Any guesses?
It's the beginning of Morning Glories!
Some cute and scrappy cottages making an appearance -
And guess who had an abundance of a mail day?!
My contributor's copy!
My quilty friend Ellen Perez "Ellie The Quilter" of Mojave Farms Quilting Co has a new book!
If you are a new quilter, or KNOW a new quilter, this is the perfect book for every quilter's library.
It's full ot tips, tricks and techniques, wonderful photos and how-to's.
You can get a copy from Ellie's site HERE. Of course, you can also find it on Amazon or whatever mail-order format you like to use for books.
My contribution?
Reading through the PDF before publication and giving my honest opinion. This is a great book with tips and photos submitted by many different quilt designers and authors all in one volume.
What else was in the mail? More coral to orange! Thank you so much, everyone!
I love the note that came with the Boise state fabric (Hubsters alma mater) and the cartoon from the newspaper. Perfect! If you are viewing this on a tablet or phone I know you can zoom in and read them.
My traveling kits are ready! I counted out neutrals and added them to each snack sized baggie.
These baggies are rectangular and perfect. I don't think they make them anymore. I've found them square, and I've found them rectangular, only with the zip-lock at the short end instead of the long end.
Don't worry - I save and reuse my bags and these will be around a long long while.
There was also some more of this, but not much. The day was interrupted with physical therapy and dry needling in the afternoon. (Followed by porch time! LOL!) And I don't stitch so well after margaritas.
Did you enter to win a signed copy yet?
The kind folks at C&T publishing and I are working together to give away five signed copies of Scrap-Savvy to those who enter on their website HERE.
After submitting the form on the entry page, check your email to confirm your subscription and entrance to the giveaway.
(You can always unsubscribe at anytime.)
Gift-Away info: Winners will be selected at random and emailed, and they will have 72 hours to respond with their mailing address. If we do not receive a response, we will draw another winner at random. Good luck!
Things happening TOMORROW:
Book 6 in the Hadley Carroll Quilt City series is now available for kindle and in paperback!
I'll be gifting away 3 signed paperback copies of Quilt City: Payment Declined.
I'll also be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Sunnyside PDF pattern from me and a beautiful Notable Neutrals roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts.
To keep this as hassle free as possible, I will draw for the 3 book winners, the 2 pattern and fabric winners from the SAME sign up on the Gift-Away Post so you only have to enter once.
Drawing happens SATURDAY 8/29/26.
Intro pricing: The Sunnyside PDF pattern is currently 25% off, no coupon needed - and good through 8/31/26. Hurry!
All The best scraps!
A simple little block that puts every saved bit to good use. Stitch a rainbow of scrappiness! Full color photos, graphics, and multiple unit construction options.
Quilt Size: 90’’ X 90’’ and easily customizable.
Just so you know.....
It may happen, and it definitely may not. LOL!
Happy Friday, everyone!




























No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)