It was short, it was sweet, it was crammed full of quilty fun!
The Tada Quilters were down from Erie, Pennsylvania and beyond and through they were only with us until Sunday morning, they packed a full week's worth of activities into their stay.
Not only did they quilt into the wee small hours, but they took time out to cook amazing dishes, while others headed out on early morning dirt road hikes, or even took off early Saturday morning to go hike 7 miles on the Appalachian Trail.
There were hikes beyond the North Carolina state line and up to the cemetery for a panoramic view.
There were wild ponies at Grayson Highlands state park and definitely trails less traveled.
I had Casden for the weekend, so I missed out on all of this, but I love that the ladies have been here enough times to know where to go and to get out and get it done while the mornings are still cool.
We barely beat the rain to get these photos in!
Chilhowie making an appearance on the left, and the beginnings of row assembly for Morning Glories on the right!
A rainbow of stars and blue sashed bars -
The cows are so cute! If you know the pattern info, please put it in the comments below. Thank you!
Lupine & Laughter on the right - so lovely!
And here is the back, using up all of the bits and bobs from the front!
Carpenter's star wedding quilt, and a super fun Eclipsed featuring Halloween fabrics!
Not sure what is on the left? If you have the info, in to the comments it goes!
Licorice Twist on the right - so much fun to make! Have you started one?
Beautiful baskets with applique.
One of the fun things was having a car full of ladies make a quick turn into the drive and pull up behind the QPO to see just what it was that we were doing.
(This was as it was starting to sprinkle!)
The driver of the car lives locally, she had her friends with her and one of the friend's mothers was a quilter and they had to come and see just what this whole array of quilts was all about.
We let them know where these ladies were from, what they were doing here, and what happens here on a weekly basis. They were amazed.
Exciting things CAN and DO happen out here in the middle of nowhere.
Exciting things from yesterday - Physical therapy and dry needling for the pain between my shoulders. It's getting better, but it didn't get this way overnight and it is going to take some time to reverse it.
My heating pad and I have become good friends.
Yesterday's up-do in the house while the Hubs is away was to finally replace my shower curtain and bath rugs.
I can't be alone in this - 20 years ago or more, we could actually WASH floor rugs and not have the rubber backing turn to sand and peel off in the wash as long as we didn't put them in the dryer, right? I'm not imagining this?
Today's rugs you can't wash. They fall apart. I've had these for 9 years, so it was time for them to go, but I just remember rugs stayed "non slip" and you could wash them. Not anymore.
I did find rugs that "will do" (until the backing crumbles off) and a shower curtain that isn't "too bad" but it is just okay. I'm not thrilled with it. But it will do and at least the backing on the rugs aren't making sand on my floor.
And I have this:
Binding, sleeve and label stitched down!
I really like it. It looks happy.
It's not very big - only something like 64'' - which makes it perfect for hanging on a wall. Not everything has to completely cover a body, right?
I also like the wider inner border - I already knew what I wanted to do for the outer border, so the job of the inner border was to build the quilt center up to fit the border. Not shrink the outer border to fit the quilt, if that makes sense.
I will do whatever it takes to make the math easy.
Be looking for Festival to release later this fall. We've already got things in the line-up for August and September.
Today? Getting things ready for the arrival of the August Quiltvillians 2.0! They'll be arriving tomorrow afternoon so there are beds to make and things to do.
And some sewing time in between...those string diamonds are still calling my name. I'd like to get all 250 or so of them done so I can clean up the string mess and start putting blocks togethetr.
What's up in your quilty world?
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
This may be said with tongue in cheek, but I find it amazingly true!
Have a terrific day, everyone!




















No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)