>>>>

Saturday, September 07, 2024

Welcome To the Weekend!


This was last evening on the porch, and oh - I wish it came with smell-o-vision!

There had been a pork shoulder roast cooking in the crock pot all day long....just to the point of being so tender it shredded with such little effort -

Served with some freshly sliced fruit, a bun or no bun, and a choice of sauces.  I couldn't help myself or turn down an invitation to join in because something that smells that good brings on instant hunger.

One of the best things of being a retreat inn keeper?  They feed me.  And they do it well!
It was decided on a grand scale that yesterday would be quilt shop hop day - 

It was a ghost town in the quilting quarters!

Only 3 quilters left behind to work in peace and quiet on everything they brought to keep themselves happily occupied.

I love that folks want to help support our two lovely local shops.  We love having shops within a 45 minute drive worth visiting.


And when everyone returns?

There is much chatting and hubbub over those quilty purchases!


Why is Terry over here by herself?  Because 9 people are on the other side of the room visiting - and 2 more are out on the porch:


Tula is keeping them company.


Some one block wonder/Stack n Whack happiness going on here.


And here!


Something Joyful happening here!


Oh how I love a good old-fashioned Virginia Reel or Snail's Trail!


Colorful stars are taking over the dining room table -


I think this was a Minnesota state guild mystery - not sure - but it is coming together wonderfully!

And what did I get up to while 9 folks were out shopping and 3 were happily working on projects?


More half-square triangles.  Obsessed.  I am so obsessed!

And I did get the desk work caught up.


The PDF pattern for Diamond Tile is ready. I just have a bit to do to get everything uploaded and ready in the Quiltville Store.

Yes - there will be a Gift-Away starting Tuesday, 9/10 just before I leave for Kenya starting 9/13.

Yes, the gift-away will include scrappy fabric rolls from  Cotton to Quilts.  And as always they have fabulous neutral rolls - I used one in the sashings of this quilt. I love the variety!


I hinted at the attic windows setting I used for the first Diamond Tiles quilt I made.  I'm including those directions too so you can set yours like this if you wish.


Attic window sashings give the whole quilt a 3-D appearance!  Really fun way to set blocks without having to have the "arms" of the block corners connect to each other.

So be looking for this to happen on TUESDAY!

Okay. I think that catches me up until now.


And since THIS is how thigs are at my desk each morning when I write these blog posts - we'll all say Happy Caturday to Lola who is purring away in my lap.  I'll need to dislodge her and go upstairs and grab some breakfast before making my way back to the inn and the quilters.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Tacos up o deck for dinner tonight!

Who says even the simplest dreams can't come true? 

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!


 

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects being made. Kitties look content. ❤️
    I'm starting to turn blocks into rows.
    I have someone in mind to gift this quilt to...
    Hope you have a great weekend Bonnie. Lots of sewing too.
    Have a Sparkling day
    Happy Caturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy quilt is a sampler from Wendy Sheppard's book Christmas Quilting. So lovely! Lots of different quilts in this group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Taco potato yesterday. Pork sounds so yummy! Great projects in the Inn and under your needle. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:05 PM EDT

    I made the Joy Christmas quilt and it is at the longarmer right now!!
    Rose in Murphy, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Ladies! I love all the inspiration. I'm working o the Joy quilt at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such happy quilters! What a great group... & it sounds like Tula knows where to hang out at!! HA! Looking forward to Tuesday & the new patterns! I hope you're feeling better & the kitties are staying happy! Happy college football Caturday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:49 PM EDT

    I had taco salad last night. Today I had a quilty friends picnic in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)