>>>>

Monday, September 09, 2024

Retreat Memories In The Making!


Hand stitching time on the porch!

We are making these moments last - as mornings are now in the chilly range, and so are the evenings requiring jackets and warm beverages.

There is something to love about that too!

I think that is why I love living where there are 4 seasons so much.  There is contrast between the seasons.  You can feel the next one coming on...and cherish the last moments of the one just working its way out.

It's nearly "sweater season."  I am back to full length jeans unless the temps are above 75.

This morning I've even got the gas fireplace in the basement studio next to my desk going to warm the chill from the room.  I love this season change!


Terry's project caught my eye (Nice manicure too!) and she said this was a free project form the Fat Quarter Shop - and she told the story of how a train trip they were on got side-lined by smoke and fires through the mountains, and they ended up having to take part of the journey over-land by bus and she was so grateful to have a small stitchery project in her bag to occupy her hands while she watched the scenery go by.

She finished the first one and is now on a second - because - why not?  Every season is Halloween season!


I love this stringy spools quilt being machine quilted!


Triangles are becoming blocks!


Rattlesnake by Karen Stone.


Minnesota state guild mystery quilt - love it!


These log cabin blocks are about to surround this star:


Gorgeous colors and fabrics!


What's not to love about some cute barnyard chickens?


Carol, showing her hexie quilt in progress....I love the rainbows! This is a replica of an 1800's hexie she saw.  Inspiration is everywhere. 

We also talked about how easy it is to just have some units in a project pouch for long car rides between Indiana and Florida.

And this has me thinking that I need all of my hexie stuff ready by Thursday - I leave for New York on Friday, and on to Nairobi on Saturday! It's coming so soon!


Carol is also working on these golf bags for a golfing friend.


How cute is this??


Terry finished her Christmas sampler top!  So cute!


Pattern source.


Adorable baby quilt with 3-D prairie point tirnalges!


In my own little corner next door -

There is still a lot of this going on.  And I had to set it aside and do a studio clean-up.  No sewing happened yesterday at all.  

As I said I'm leaving Friday.  Tomorrow is the release and gift-away for Diamond Tile.


And I needed to make Twiga kits!

I'm looking forward to stitching with my Kenya travelers - and my own stitchery project will be focused on what we will be doing for our Australia trip in January.  Have you signed up yet? It's going to be off the charts amazing!

Now - look past all of that kit and quilt stuff and see just how clean and clear that cutting table is underneath.

Whew!  That felt good - it was much needed.  

I've got more putting away to to today - the goal is to leave a clean studio when I am off to Kenya, so I have a clean studio to return to when I get back.


A bit grainy - it was getting dark.

This was last night.


No s'mores required - everyone was still full from dinner!

Susan's Retreat group is headed home today.

Tomorrow is Diamond Tile Gift-Away Day (As I said earlier.) so I'll post the over-the-porch-rail photos on Wednesday.

And this week is already flying by and there is so much to do to get ready for Kenya.


Appalachian Autumn is 25% off!

No coupon needed!

Pull out all of those favorite fall colored scraps, strips, and strings! These beautiful leaves float on a background of stormy cloudy grey and warm vanilla custard cream!

Quilt finishes at 56 1/2'' x 56 1/2'' square.

I'll leave the price drop in place through September.

Have you started one that you haven't finished?  Maybe September is a good time to pull it out and finish it up!

And with that I'm off to start laundry -


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I thought I was in the clear this morning.

I just got a text reminder that I have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow.⁣
It's always something!⁣
Jamestown Landing quilt from my book String Fling.

Happy Monday, folks!


 

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, beautiful projects being made. Glad you had some time in your studio even though you didn't have any sewing. Friday will be here before you know it.
    Safe travels to Africa..
    I have my borders all set to sew onto the quilt. I also had no sewing yesterday as Football was on. Love my boys.
    Chilly here too this morning.
    Have a Sparkling day ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty sewing and quilting projects! I sure hope the quilt top with the star and log cabin blocks around it shows up on the rail photo...think I need to make one of those. I'm also making Wendy Sheppard's Christmas Sampler quilt in a monthly sew along. Fun times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:24 PM EDT

    I find it sad that I am at the age where I call and text my doctors (dentists, acupuncturists) more often than friends or family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth Davis12:30 PM EDT

    It is false fall here. Yesterday I wore my favorite corgi sweater all day. Past three mornings had me wishing our heaters were clean and ready to plug in. But alas summer will be back later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote!
    We are just starting with the cool mornings here in South Central Texas. I'm loving them! :)
    Such great projects coming out of the retreat this weekend! I can't believe that you are leaving again... I will miss our daily updates while you're gone. I hope you're feeling better. Safe travels to all those leaving & the new group coming in.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)