>>>>

Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday After Helene



Hello. Monday.⁣
I've been sitting here in semi-darkness with candles burning since 5:30 a.m.⁣
How do you overcome the guilt of being grateful that things weren't worse when for so many other people It was so devastatingly worse and continues to be so?⁣
As I headed over to the retreat to feed Tula and retrieve some needed items It finally all hit me, and I just broke down and bawled ragged sobs in the car.⁣
I had been holding all of this horror in check since the tree came down on Dave on Friday.⁣
It may be a couple more days before we have power.  And we are the lucky ones.⁣
Today, I will be driving Dave down to Lenoir for a doctor's appointment because he can't drive himself. But we will get there ⁣
I'm hoping the further out of our area we get that there will be stores with essentials and gas stations with gas.⁣
Yesterday, a bird hit headlong into our window and died on the porch, and it was almost more than I could handle.⁣
The reports I am able to receive of destruction in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee - I have no words. I'm not sure how we recover from this.⁣
And I know we are so very lucky to be whole and here together. And I'm not sure how to get over the guilt of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)