>>>>

Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Over The Porch Rail Explosion!


We couldn't tell if the rain was moving in, or moving on by - but we hurried on up yesterday late afternoon and filled the porch to the gills with so many beautiful quilts!

These ladies have worked tirelessly - but there was still time for some quilt shop hopping, a run or two to the grocery store, fabulous meals, time on the porch - 

And I even heard there was time for sleeping - though it doesn't look like much sleep was happening!

The September Quiltvillians are on their way home today - but they sure left us with a fantastic send off for the time they spent here!


Kathy's long-term hexie project is finally at the assembly stage. She says it will be done, quilted and bound by this time next year.  I hope she brings it back to show us.  I love all of the fussy cut prints in it!


Another cute cute owl panel finish!


Modeling a jacket in progress!


Just in time for the onset of sweater weather!


For those asking about Jen's bear pattern from yesterday's post: It's Simplicity It's So Easy A2115 which I am told is out of print, but you can perhaps find one on Ebay or Etsy.


Tula Tallulah Lou - now at the front door waiting for us to come out and do the over the porch rail business.  Hahahaha!  She is so funny.


Completed baby quilts including a rail fence on the left, followed by Kathy's string quilt, and HALF of her quilt top she has been working on this entire time.  Hopefully this quilt will come back next year so we can see the finish!


A glorious Judy Niemeyer top finish - and yes, all of those dots are hand appliqued!! What a beauty!

Followed by Garden Party from the Addicted to Scraps book and Frolic. I love all of the colors in this photo!


Silver Linings from String Frenzy, Winston Ways from MORE Adventures With Leaders & Enders, Chandelier, Wanderlust from the Addicted to Scraps book.


Two matching heart quilts both made by two friends!

The pattern is called In My Heart.


Streak of lightening baby quilt, tumbling blocks variation, Rick Rack Nines from Adventures With Leaders & Enders  and two fun tops from GE Designs. We filled that porch rail full!

So full that we had some extras that there was no room for in the line up:



She said this one is going on her bed right after the holidays while she waits for spring to arrive.  Eternal optimism.  Love it!


Oopsie Daisie has been renamed Dizzy Daisy!  It was a group project, everyone making blocks, only when they came together some where going this way, some were spinning that way, and they made a happy scrappy giggly quilt.  Yep.  I get it!  This is how I roll, too!


It was a marvelous week!  


See you next September, ladies!



Hand quilting fans.

I'm still coughing up my lungs, though there is really nothing left to cough. So mostly I'm staying fairly quiet and doing my best to get over this thing. I'd say I'm 70% better. And losing patience with it.


But Zoey keeps me entertained as I stitch in my comfy spot!

It's a quiet day of doing laundry, of flipping the house to get it ready for Susan's Retreat Group arriving on Wednesday.

And here we go again.....


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Don't give up on your daydreams! ⁣
Smoky Mountain Stars pattern from the Free Patterns tab.

Have you made one?

Its Tuesday - what will you do with it?


 

16 comments:

  1. Oh the quilts that are over the porch
    railing are fabulous. So beautiful ❤️
    Chilly here this morning, had to have a second cup of tea!
    Zoey is such a hambone! So funny.
    Your Baptist Fan quilting is just perfect in my eyes .
    My kitty is bananas this morning. He's playing with a piece of string left over from my sewing.
    Tula wants company. Maybe she gets lonely.
    Have a Sparkling day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:03 AM EDT

    Beautiful quilts ladies! Keep on sewin'. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette from Michigan10:05 AM EDT

    I always count the rail quilts. Previously the high was 17 but today,Wow, I cunted 19. Thanks ladies for a nice display !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to the over the rails pictures with every group. Wow! So many gorgeous quilts. Boy, I am inspired today. Fantastic job quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness, such beautiful finishes and works in progress. I'm amazed and inspired. :-) I must admit that I got teary-eyed at the first photo. The lovely hexi project reminds me so much of a quilt that my Mom made for me about 45 years ago--I believe way before paper hexis were thought about. She scissor cut out her hexi shapes with a template made from a cereal box and hand sewed them together turning corners to sew Y-seams when needed. My very well-loved quilt also had yellow fabric separating the flowers in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:59 AM EDT

    Love all the quilts!! The tumbling blocks quilt is called Union Street and it's by Krista Moser. She also sells the kit. Hope you feel better soon Bonnie!
    Mary in Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:35 PM EDT

      Thank you for the pattern info

      Delete
  7. Beauty's all across the porch rail. I have my Garden Party waiting in the wings. So many Quilts and summer coming to a close. I have to get up earlier to get myself started. Oh Zoey and his upside-down pose, cheering you on to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's still a quiet day here. Recovering from my 'scope cleanse. You know the one! But the sewing machine is close by so I can manage some of that today. Working on a sunflower quilt that I'm really pleased with so that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer12:18 PM EDT

    It’s been a while since we had an upside down Zoey Pic! Always fun to see what the pets are doing. And Tula’s look, she definitely rules the Inn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mini quilt shows, so much variety, how fun!! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful work that happens at your INN. Happy sewing, today was a mow the lawn and edge day after my quilt guild board meeting :0).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful quilts this week!! I hope you feel better soon... the animals always know when you need a laugh! Safe travels to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. always plenty of eye candy...ooh i need a retreat for sure...santa, you listening???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charlie DiSante9:05 AM EDT

    I am so glad you mentioned the Oopsie Daisey block spinning the 'wrong' way. I can't figure out how I did that too! Is there a way to explain it? I didn't finish it because it was 'wrong'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finish it! Only YOU will know it. I made a New Year's Eve Mystery quilt a few years ago. I finished it and took it down to Mississippi where my son was stationed at the time. When he took a picture of it, I finally noticed that the upper left block was pointed west instead of east. NOONE knew it but me. I pointed it out to Jeff but he just said 'Never would have figured that out!'

      Delete
  14. Anonymous9:50 AM EDT

    I made Smoky Mountain Stars for a friend whose father had passed away using his plaid shirts and purchased background fabric. She loves it! I will make the pattern again

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)