>>>>

Friday, September 06, 2024

The Gang's All In!


I arrived at Quiltville Inn yesterday morning (at 47 degrees!) to find that it was too chilly outside for breakfast on the porch....so after months and months of glorious porch time, at least for now breakfasts are now inside!

Never fear - afternoon on the porch is lovely.  We are in the best part of life in the Blue Ridge Mountains...afternoons are balmy and birds still chirp cicadas still sing.  Just the mornings are crisp enough to have us gathering where it is a bit more cozy.


But by noon?  They are out here stitching -

Or ripping, as the case may be.


As I head back into the house, I spy a Christmas quilt that someone has laid out on the dining room table.


The Santas are exquisite! No pattern info.

It must be September...I'm actually not all that put off by holiday projects this time of year.  LOL!


String quilts are happening!  This one is called either Streak of lightning, or Lightning Bolt.
No other pattern info.


Terry has been busy with her Firefly quilt...and one of them is a bee incognito! Cute!


Pattern info.


I feel fall happening here!


Pattern info.


This hexie temperature quilt top is nearing a finish!  No pattern given.


This looks amazing...no pattern info.


Triple Treat is coming together in recycled shirt fabrics!

I made a break away from the inn at 4pm to drive with some friends down to The Depot in Dobson to celebrate the 75th birthday of our friend Phil.


Good friends, good food, good fun!

(And photo bombers in the room beyond.  LOL!)


All of the fall decor is out.  Just get a look at these pumpkins in the old truck!


It turned into a right old photo op.


And things got mighty silly....because, why not?

And if Cindy and I could do it....


So could Hubster Dave and John.


And birthday boy Phil, and of course....John!

We are never too old to stop having fun out with friends. 

The food was great....way too much....and we enjoyed the rest of the evening just sitting around the fire pit at Cindy & John's until it was time to come home.

So here we are at Friday.  What's up on deck in your world?


Appalachian Autumn is 25% off!

No coupon needed!

Pull out all of those favorite fall colored scraps, strips, and strings! These beautiful leaves float on a background of stormy cloudy grey and warm vanilla custard cream!

Quilt finishes at 56 1/2'' x 56 1/2'' square.

I'll leave the price drop in place through September.

Have you started one that you haven't finished?  Maybe September is a good time to pull it out and finish it up!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

It seems there's an upside to all of the ripping out I am doing.

Happy Friday, everyone!


 

12 comments:

  1. What a neat place to have dinner. Glad you had some fun.
    Chilly mornings here too. Loving it.
    I'm plugging away on my blocks.
    Very cool. Can't wait to see your finished quilt you're working on.
    It's a beauty. I love 2 color quilts.
    I watch your old Quiltcams while sewing my blocks. Sew fun .
    Love all your vintage machines .
    Have a Sparkling day
    Blessings 🙏💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 AM EDT

    The Santas quilt is a Sue Garman pattern named ''Classic Santas''.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of you and hubster!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you really aren't doing the ripping! Great photo op with Hubby and friends. I can do Christmas anytime of year. It keeps me cool in the Summer. We're having a heat wave so my Christmas fabrics are out. I ordered more online for a SAL. From July. I'm behind in my projects. Too much downtime with my back. And Dr appointments. I feel it in my bones. The weather is changing. Happy Fri-Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree never too old to have fun with friends! Just a reminder being in your seventies is GOOD fun! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty projects Ladies!
    Getting together with friends is a great way to spend an afternoon/evening. Love all the pictures. Happy Birthday, Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the firefly pattern and Great Pic of you and the hubster. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:28 PM EDT

    Santa quilt is called ‘Classic Santa’s by Sue Garmin. Lynne Latimer Willams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shot of you and Dave! Definitely fall quilt season. I'm trying to finish a sunflower quilt before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:16 PM EDT

    I’ve been trying to clean out my sewing room. Half my Christmas fabric went to our church. I found Rhododendron Trail almost finished. That will be next on my plan. I just need to add borders and I think all the flying geese are done. No idea why it got stuck where didn’t have much of a chance of a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you're in the "just right" time of year now! We are getting a "not as hot front" coming in this weekend... cooling things down in the mornings just enough. But today at band practice it was perfect, after sweating with the kids the first 2 weeks of school! Today's quote is perfect... I need to start a jar too! HA! I love the weekend posts; they are always so full of inspiration! Great pictures... I love to see the pumpkin decor to take pictures with. I hope you're feeling better. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Between my swear jar and yours Bonnie, I don't know what people are going to do with no more coins circulating. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)