>>>>

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Of Quilt Turnings and Bon Voyage Exhibits!


This was our fourth retreat with the Quilt District.  They've been here FOUR times - and that's once a year.  So how exactly are these years flying by so quickly?

Can we slow them down just a bit, please?

One of the things I absolutely love about this group is that modern and contemporary and whimsical and vintage and antique play so well together.

Several members are also part or are even board members  of the AQSG or American Quilt Study Group and are fanatically enthusiastic about vintage and antique quilts and the preservation of such - and at the same time fully engaged in designing modern quilts, playing with modern fabrics.

There is room for all!


And each year we have held our group show & share in bedroom 5 in quilt turning fashion, one quilt stacked upon another in princes-and-the-pea fashion with everyone gathered around for viewing pleasure.

Click to Play:



We had such a great time enjoying this space and the quilts!


And this is it.

This is everything.

And off they go:

@quiltville_bonnie And this happened yesterday! πŸ€—⁣ ⁣ Bill & Sue drove down to Virginia to hand deliver my quilts instead of shipping them!🫢🫢🫢⁣ ⁣ My exhibit "Got Scraps? The Creative and Visionary Journey of Bonnie Hunter" is showing at the Quilters Hall of Fame in Marion Virginia May 7th July 27.πŸ“†⁣ ⁣ I feel like I just sent all of my Babys off to college! ✂️πŸ’ŸπŸ§΅⁣ ⁣ #quiltville #quilting #quilt #quilttok #quiltersoftiktok ♬ Love Thing - Lux-Inspira

My thanks to Bill & Sue who drove down from Indiana to personally pick up my quilts and drive them all the way back to the Quilter's Hall of Fame for my exhibit.


The exhibit runs May through July.  Check out the Quilter's Hall of Fame Website for more info!


And how about THIS for a Throwback Thursday edition? It's from the back of a printed brochure from my doll pattern days -

Circa 1995 - check out the 90s hair! Definitely come a long way, baby - 

And yes, that was the last perm I ever had.  It's a good thing.

Click to Play:


Just sharing some early morning birdsong with a bit of green leaves emerging.

Debbie's Quilters arrived at Quiltville Inn from Ohio yesterday afternoon, and we will be having a ton of fun with a Split Nine Patch Workshop during their retreat.



If you want to play along, the free pattern is found under the Free Patterns tab.

Did you start this one when it was our year-long Leader &Ender project several years back?
Why not un-earth it and sew along with us this weekend!


Most of you know this happened MONDAY.  Did you get your entry in?

I'll be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Licorice Twist PDF pattern from me, and a Splash of Color fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts.

We'll draw for our winners on Friday 4/26/24.

Introductory Special:  Licorice Twist is currently marked 25% off - no coupon needed!

Sale price good through 4/28/24.

I recommend using the printable 8 1/2'' X 11'' newsprint found in the Quilting All the Time category of the Quiltville Amazon Affiliate Store.

I sold out of Carol Doak paper - more is on the way and I'll post again when more is in stock.

And yes, there is a sale going on - all rulers. notions and tools are 15% off using code NOTIONS at check out.


Spring.  It's really here.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

It might be comfortable within our own comfort zones – but we’ve got to push a bit if we want to grow.
Push some self-imposed boundaries today for a bit more wiggle room!

Have a lovely Thursday, everyone!


 

11 comments:

  1. Grace Dessellier9:18 AM EDT

    Love the quilts from the quilt turning. So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the quilt turning. It is wonderful! Congratulations on your exhibit. Certainly well deserved. You have done so much to build the quilting community. Hip hip hurray (x 3).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your exhibit at Quilters Hall of Fame will be beautiful. My daughter and I happened to find it when Hollis Chatelain's quilt were being exhibited a few years ago. It's a wonderful place to have an exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awfully good of Sue and Bill to travel all that way for you. Good friends are hard to find.
    I made the Split 9 patch awhile back. Beautiful quilt. I'm truly a scrappy girl!
    Cloudy overcast, gloomy day here today.
    We all have funny hair in our throw back pics. I had a perm in the 80's too.
    Kisses for the fur babies 😚
    Have a Sparkling good day
    Blessings πŸ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perms of the 70's, I remember them well. And those Rollers we used to sleep on!! I'd rather use the curling iron. Brings back a memory. I love a good Bed Turning. That bed is perfect for it! Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the 1995 curly hair! (I had the same hairdo lol.) Loved the bed turning--such beautiful quilts. Congrats again on your exhibit and being featured in the Quilter's Hall of Fame. It was so very nice that Bill and Sue spent the night at Quiltville and drove your quilts to Indiana. I'm sure that was a neat experience for them to see how beautiful your Inn is. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please allow me to add my heartfelt congratulations and just plain joy over your lovely recognition and exhibit in the QHofFame -- your contribution to the world wide quilter's community is legendary and so are you! wow, whoda thought you'd be a legend? I know it's not why you do what you do, but I thank you and wish you continued creative boundary expansion! Cats in Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would so love to see your exhibit in person. How exciting for you! I made a Split 9 patch many years ago and loved the process. So many layout possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the throwback picture & the quilt turning. That sounds like so much fun! I will have to investigate that Split 9 patch pattern... such a happy scrappy! Have a good evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:33 AM EDT

    Congrats Bonnie. I love the bed turning video. What a great group with so many varied interests. My love of quilts runs the gamut too. Fran in Pa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:37 PM EDT

    The Split Nine Patch quilt was one of the first patterns of yours that I have made and it is still one of my favorites. Congratulations on the special exhibition! It is quite an honor. ❤️. Alice. Always in stitches

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)