>>>>

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Nature Walks & Pineapple Blocks!


This happened Thursday afternoon -

And I'm so glad we chose Thursday because yesterday was cold and misty - not a good day for walking.

But Thursday? Quilters in the sunshine, baby!

I hadn't been up Roundhouse Road in a while - and it took two vehicles to get us all there - 

And it was so worth it to see the world around us waking up into spring.


Leaving two cars parked along side the road - and here we are just starting out.

The trilliums are blooming!


And the mighty New River rolls on by -


I'm afraid there will in time be no more round house to name Roundhouse Rod after.  It seems to have fallen through during the winter.

I've waited the last 5 years for them to do something to save this place....makes me sad.


But this view of fast friends walking ahead of us?

Makes me so happy!


There's a smattering of yellow wildflowers on the hillsides.


The Halsey house still stands - a bit worse for wear.

Still wishing on a miracle that someone will save this one.


At the VA/NC state line~!


On our way back down - trees still in bloom.

Click to Play:


Hopefully we'll get to do it again today!


Overnight there was a ton of progress made!


The quilters were still pushing chains of blocks through the machines -


These are looking great!


And the view from the window can't be beat.


The Hen Den reading table has received two new acquisitions as gifts. Quilt of Souls by Phyllis Biffle Elmore was given to us a few retreats back - wonderful book!

And it is now joined by The Dream by Gyleen Fitzgerald.  An easy magical read sure to inspire.


Sample pages - and great photos!

Thank you, Nola!


Our workshop day only went to lunchtime yesterday - it was decided that ALL students must have a fieldtrip day to visit local quilt shops.

This perfectly coincided with my need to take off mid-afternoon for a round of chiropractor and pharmacy visits.

They were happy, I was happy - and today we'll jump back into our last day of Pineapple Blossom instruction.


You know the Coffee Station is right outside of the Hen Den - and when I found this yesterday it seemed only fitting that it join the wire coffee decor thing I found thrifting earlier this week - and help fill in that blank space - keeping the hen theme going.  LOL!


Losing my home view -

The pollen is thick!  The leaves are emerging and filling the trees that will soon obstruct our long range view to the east.

That's okay.  It's nice to have the views change.  And those mountains in the distance will still be there come autumn and the falling of the leaves.


Partway down tmy drive looking up -

This spring green is my favorite shade of green ever and I'm going to enjoy it.

But I'm already thinking about how different things will look when I return home from Idaho -

I leave Tuesday, returning the following Tuesday.  A lot can happen in a week.


Introductory Special:  Licorice Twist is currently marked 25% off - no coupon needed!

Sale price good through this coming Sunday - 4/28/24.

I recommend using the printable 8 1/2'' X 11'' newsprint found in the Quilting All the Time category of the Quiltville Amazon Affiliate Store.

Carol Doak Paper is back in stock - but supplies are limited! They only sent me 12 packages.

And yes, there is a sale going on - all rulers. notions and tools (including Carol Doak Paper) are 15% off using code NOTIONS at check out.

As I don't blog on Sunday - this is my last posting about this one.  Get it while you can!

Any plans for your weekend? What's going on?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

If you know you know! ⁣
Vintage string quilt found in Abingdon, virginia.

Welcome to the weekend, everyone!


 

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:04 AM EDT

    Have a safe trip. Great projects up on the walls at your retreat, again. Thank you for all you do.

    I suspect you may be tweaking the store as I am getting an error message but just in case you aren't, thought I would send a note that something is wrong with the link. Quiltville Inn retreat also has error message. "Error 404 Page Not Found" I will check back later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love all the pics! Have a great time on your trip, be safe. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie -- What was the Halsey house? I have baby pictures of me sitting on the lawn in front of the house. Was it a home or meeting place? (I was born in Elkin in 1942.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when you share the hikes!! It did look like a great day for one. I literally laughed out loud when it came to the sign!! Perfect! HA! Loving the pineapple blocks! Have a good break and safe travels!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the quote of the day!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad to see historic/old buildings tumble down. I would buy the Halsey house if it sat on some acreage and renovate it. The hubby & I renovated our 1884 home. It needed a lot of work but was worth the blood, sweat, & tears. Purchased Licorice Twist. Another lovely pattern in the line as I grow my stash. After 2 frosts in a row we'll see if our lilacs survived to bloom soon. Here in western NY it's a lovely 70 degrees. Sewing set aside. As always, thanks for sharing your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is so fabulous, love that bring green of new leaves too. Safe travels Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)