>>>>

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

From One Thing To Another!


And this is how we bind it, baby!

And I am happy to say that there are no more bindings waiting in my queue.

I have no quick finishes on hand to finish.

It's time to dig into something happy, scrappy and maybe even a bit intense.

I am really happy to have my smaller Ditch Lilies quilt completed - and it now hangs in the front foyer at Quiltville Inn!

(I will get a photo of where it hangs today - I forgot yesterday.)


Yesterday morning's photo op before the rain started.

Click to Play:


And did you notice the leaves on the bushes??


This is my lilac hedge at the front edge of our parking area.  LOVE this green!


And what's this I see?

Baby lilac buds emerging! YES!

It rained most of the day yesterday - and it is raining this morning, but it is bringing on this amazingly lush green that I love so much.

Back in the studio - what did I get up to?


I had these string pieced pages in black that were gifted to me that were just begging to be cut into something.

That - I can do!  

I'm going to have to make more - but just wait until you see what this becomes.

Yes - I'm still on a black kick with the upcoming release of Licorice Twist.

In fact, I'm going to have to ban myself from the machine today as I finish what needs to be done on that PDF pattern for Monday.


And this time it's not only going to be black -

I think I'll throw in some yellow, purple and orange for good measure.

And I had to laugh out loud when coming across this survey on Instagram:


You have to read the comments.  I died laughing -

The best one of all?


It offends me deeply.  LOL!


Hello beige!


There is a place for beige. It just depends what you put with it.  (Same for yellow, purple or orange - also all mentioned in the comments section of that post as far as colors people don't like.)


I have most of the undesirable colors in my Ladder Star quilt.

And I still love it!

Besides - I don't know anyone who would be offended by the beige in this photo:


As I said - it's all about how you use it, and what you pair it with.


Daybreak from String Frenzy.

I think I like beige just fine. 

Poor beige - so undervalued and misunderstood! LOL!

Today!  We are back in the swing of things today.

The Quilt District gals will be arriving after 4pm.  Finishing touches will be happening at the inn today including making all of the beds with fresh linens.

In between time will be spent at my desk.

It's going to be a great day!

Oh, and before I forget (Because I almost did!)  Check out the new additions to the tabs at the top of the blog! Itineraries for Australia in January 2025 and Iceland in June of 2025 are now available.

Or just click the All My Tours tab for everything we have going.

We have some amazing things lined up and are starting to pull ideas for 2026 including India!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Life has thrown some whammies latel
But as a wise friend said to me: ⁣
“Breathe as deeply as you can and trust it will all work out the way it's supposed to...Think of it like quilting a king size quilt on a domestic machine - just focus on what's under the needle and bunch up the rest and be the boss of it.“
PERFECT

PSA: There will not be a blog post tomorrow 4/11/24 as I have surgery at the dermatologist to remove 2 cancerous moles- I need to be there at 6:45 am. So I'll catch you back here on Friday.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!


 

36 comments:

  1. Prayers & blessings at the Dermo.. it's always SOMEthing... so wish i could join you in finishing my ufo colection... love seeing your progress and hearing your enthusiasm, it also provides some comfort to know the even you have PHD!!! and get distracted with a new idea bursting from that creative child each of us has, begging to be turned loose!!! hugs and blessings from Cats in Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you tomorrow. Good luck with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the question what color do you least like as that implies you like them all just some you like more ;) that is how it works for me. lol I don't have a lot of beige because I tend to pick clear colors but I have it and I make it work hard when I use it. Sending prayers/karma/good thoughts for tomorrow. So glad we know better now how to protect ourselves. Who knew when we were growing up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:18 AM EDT

    Sending healthy, positive thoughts for an easy surgery and quick recovery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:20 AM EDT

    Take care, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An old quilter10:28 AM EDT

    I agree with Bridget. Beige muddies clear colors, which some prefer. White is too stark for warm "cabin" colors. There's a place for each. And a place for each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:29 AM EDT

    I'm making a king size quilt in all shades of Taupe, that's not beige, is it? LOL
    Jane S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:52 PM EDT

      No because gray is added to it.

      Delete
  8. Oh good luck with your surgery.
    I really don't think I have a least favorite color. They're all good.
    Had to drop my SUV off at the dealership for 7:00 am. Sticker, cleaning and new rear brakes.oh and oil change. Love my dealership, they're so good to me.
    Making progress on Bristol. Cutting and sewing the inner border. I didn't have a gold check, but I did have a green one. So use what you have works for me.
    Have a Sparkling day
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very rarely use yellow in my quilts, but I just finished one that has a bright yellow border as that's the color that worked the best. I don't tend to use a lot of orange or red either, but there are times when they are what's needed in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, especially tomorrow, I had to have a couple of facial moles removed, was glad when it was over. I love the hand-stitching, am going to try it next. I've been watching the volcano in Iceland, it is mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing beautiful Ditch Lillies! Funny comments on disliking colors. I have the disliked beige in my Indigo Way quilt :-). Speaking of Indigo Way, I'm happy to share that I finished sewing the borders on last night!! I'm SO excited that I get to put it on the longarm today! Thanks again, Bonnie, for the beautiful mystery quilt. Thanks also for sharing/spreading your positivity. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:09 AM EDT

    Whammies!? I remember that show. Press Your Luck. I'd rather press my Quilt Blocks. Good to keep those moles taken care of. My DD#2 got a big scar so, she covered with a tattoo. Beige goes with everything, why not? Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:22 AM EDT

    Sending good thoughts for your dermatology appointment! To answer the color question, I have a bit of an aversion to yellows. I actually like the color theoretically, but because the color doesn't look good on me I always avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liz Carman11:23 AM EDT

    Sorry! I forgot to put my name on my comment. I am the color yellow person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's praying for good test results. Been there, done that. We can do hard things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the photos of your ladder star in the round hoop - it makes me want to grab my hand quilting project and put some stitches in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you get those hand bindings done so darn fast? Is there a trick? Good luck tomorrow, we are so lucky to live in a time that these little growths can be dealt with before they are huge issues. Good for you for being proactive with your health and urging others to do the same! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:16 PM EDT

    Our guild is doing a paint chip challenge. I got beige! And we can only add either black OR white. It is definitely out of my comfort zone as I love pure, bright colours, and white-toned backgrounds. But I am enjoying stretching myself.. Good luck tomorrow, our thoughts will be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bonnie,
    I love when you do a little video of what's going on with you!! My mother and father in law have to go through the procedure for cancerous spots on their skin. It's not something they like, but they feel blessed that we have that option in our modern medical knowledge. Bless you and I will pray for you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. When asked, my husband will tell you his favorite color is plaid. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In high school, my 2nd son told me his favorite color was paisley. It's an ongoing joke now whenever either of us sees a paisley fabric, no matter what color. Polly Blank

      Delete
  21. Poker Bar Quilter3:26 PM EDT

    I often remember taking a workshop where we were to pull out fabric squares from a bag without looking and sew them in the order taken out of the bag into a nine patch block. When the blocks were sewn together there were many comments of "I would never have thought to put those two prints next to each other". Well, that's the point! Best wishes with your surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best of luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous4:24 PM EDT

    Best of luck tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Bonnie!! You have inspired me to at least work on my "Ditch Lilies!" I don't really have a least favorite color, but I don't really work with red that much. I need to do some more quilts with red. The beige is my favorite, especially in scrappy quilts! I guess to each their own! HA! Prayers for a successful day tomorrow, not just for you and the team that will be working with you, but for everyone! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous8:33 PM EDT

    I like beige since I am an earth tones kind of gal. Nothing bothers me more than stark white walls! Lol! To each his own as I say. Go with what makes your heart sing. Prayers for a quick recovery. Hugs from Judy in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Susan Strassesr9:49 PM EDT

    Good luck at the dermatologist tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous10:56 PM EDT

    Prayers for successful surgery and recovery. Lucina Moses

    ReplyDelete
  28. Will look forward to your return on Friday. When asked what my favorite color is I always reply "the entire box of 64 crayons". As you say, every color has it's place. There is no light without dark. Love the shade of green you used for the binding on Ditch Lilies. I'll have to look for that color. Best wishes on your procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous8:20 PM EDT

    Prayers for a successful surgery with complete removal of the cancer and a speedy recovery. Karen M in PA

    ReplyDelete
  30. No surgery is completely simple, but glad yours is no more complex than skin. Have a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous1:06 AM EDT

    Believe it or not - my least favorite color is blue.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I don't like most greens

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)