>>>>

Friday, May 26, 2023

Scrappy As Scrappy Can Get!


It's this kind of scene that gets me scrap happy!

When retreaters come with this in tow, you know they have some amazing projects about to happen!

You know what else makes me happy?  Arriving to the sound of folks enjoying coffee in the rocking chairs on the front porch, the sound of conversation and laughter beckoning me from my parking spot behind the QPO to the front of the house.

Cheers of Good Morning! Oh, it's a wonderful sound!

And those two bins of scraps?

They are becoming these sweet blocks - how fun!


More on the left here -

Followed by some postage stamp quilt action on the right!


Joanne's Hubby Jack is working on this landscape -

Look at the shadows - isn't this awesome?


And her brother Gerald is starting something amazing - I can't wait to see what this turns out to be.


Geoffrey holes up his most recent finish -

Hooray!

And there is more going on around the room:


"Blackbirds singing in the dead of night...."


And another starry laptop finish!


Tula, chilling on the porch at lunch time.


On my way back to the QPO after lunch I noticed the flame azalea was in full bloom!


She is still kind of straggly looking, but we've pruned her and babied her over the past 5 years and she is finally looking happy.


Quilting finished -

Binding going on!


Favorite neutral!

Yes, it's a sloth.  And technically it's a holiday fabric - but it still works as a neutral to me and I was happy to find a way to pair it with a shirt plaid in some large half-square triangles.

It makes me smile!

Today is going to be a bit crazy - I've got a guy coming to look at the exterior of the inn and give me a quote for repainting. And the painting may happen while I am gone to Egypt/Ireland.

This guy has been painting Martha's house and doing a great job - so we have him coming to look this morning.

And then it's haircut day.  Boy, do I need it!

So while I'm away, the quilters will play and I can't wait to hear about their escapades when I get back this afternoon.



Thank you, everyone for such a great response to yesterday's PDF pattern release!  The Gift-Away already has over 3,900 entries!

I love that you are as excited about the Right Way Round pattern duo as I am.

The pattern contains BOTH variations, and you can make either of them in either size -

Pattern details:

What do you get when you accidently make more than 1/2 of the main block wrong? A second quilt! Both versions are presented in sparkling patriotic colors of red/white/blue accented with black. Full color photos, graphics and extensive instruction included!

Quilt Sizes: Large: 80’’ X 88’’ Small: 53’’ X 53’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods and foundation paper-piecing options are given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

So yes - if you prefer to paper-piece square-in-a-square units, we've got you covered there too with a printable page for paper-piecing.


I'm ready for Memorial Day Weekend!

Introductory pricing:  The price marked is already 30% off and the sale is good through 5/30/23.  I leave for Cairo on the 31st, so I'll need to button that up before I go.  So hurry now and save before you miss it - no coupon needed.

You'll find the pattern for Right Way Round in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.

Enter the gift-away HERE. Drawing happens 5/30/23!

I'll be drawing for two winners who will each receive the PDF pattern containing both Right Way and Wrong Way Round from me - and even more:

One winner will receive a Facets of Black Color Roll, and the other will receive a Facets of Red Color Roll from Cotton to Quilts!

(And you know to check their website for their neutral rolls and other bundles to enhance your scrap stash, right?)


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

This is truth. And I offer no explanations, justifications or reasons why I do what I do with my life.
Those asking why really don't need to know. And it's kind of fun to leave them wondering!

But that said – I find that QUILTERS *DO* understand completely – with no explanation required. And that feels so very good.

Happy Friday, everyone!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)