>>>>

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Quilting Up A Storm!


It feels so good to actually get a quilt into the long arm and get the quilting started!

That was my goal for yesterday - just get it loaded.  Just BEGIN.

Sometimes with a big job - we have to break it down into smaller achievable efforts. 

If the whole process seems insurmountable, just focus on the next step.  

And if that seems like too much, break it down into even smaller bits.

And so was the loading of my Jacob's Chain quilt yesterday -


If I can quilt just this much - I've got a good start, right?


I'm quilting with beige thread in an edge-to-edge design called Windy Swirls by Kalynda Grant.

I even found some time to really think through the binding - and though I was heavily weighing in on scrappy reds, my red strip stash was greatly diminished by the four-patches in the quilt so I went to my red yardage shelves to find:


Do you remember this one?

It's a favorite old-timey Cranston VIP that looks like men's ties.  

And I knew right then it was the right one for me - it ties the blue and red together.  It has the right look to it to do the job.


And it will look great against the blue backing on the reverse side too.

I guess that was yesterday's life lesson - 

Never be so locked in that you don't have the freedom to change your mind when a better opportunity presents itself!

The quilting is at the not-quite-half-way mark, but I bet by tonight I'll have that binding on and ready to stitch down.

That's my goal for today, anyway!


Check this out!


Alice saw this photo -

Or maybe this one:


Could it be this one?


And thought I needed this fabric - 

I think she was right!  I love it!

Thank you Alice!


More summer blooms -

While the domestic Rhodie in front of the inn is fading - the wild ones in the woods have yet to flower.

But on the side of my drive this Mountain Laurel is really going to town!


Trying out "portrait mode" on my phone.


I love these so much!

And from the trail cam:


Mama and baby!


Oh my!

The resolution on the trail cam is not great - but it lets us know when someone has come wandering by!

The Quilters of the Night arrived yesterday afternoon and almost everyone was settled by the time I headed home for my own dinner,

There were a couple who were arriving a bit later, I'll get to say hello this morning.

And another retreat begins!


Thank you, everyone for such a great response to yesterday's PDF pattern release!  The Gift-Away already has over 3,600 entries!

I love that you are as excited about the Right Way Round pattern duo as I am.

The pattern contains BOTH variations, and you can make either of them in either size -

Pattern details:

What do you get when you accidently make more than 1/2 of the main block wrong? A second quilt! Both versions are presented in sparkling patriotic colors of red/white/blue accented with black. Full color photos, graphics and extensive instruction included!

Quilt Sizes: Large: 80’’ X 88’’ Small: 53’’ X 53’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods and foundation paper-piecing options are given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

So yes - if you prefer to paper-piece square-in-a-square units, we've got you covered there too with a printable page for paper-piecing.


I'm ready for Memorial Day Weekend!

Introductory pricing:  The price marked is already 30% off and the sale is good through 5/30/23.  I leave for Cairo on the 31st, so I'll need to button that up before I go.  So hurry now and save before you miss it - no coupon needed.

You'll find the pattern for Right Way Round in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.

Enter the gift-away HERE. Drawing happens 5/30/23!

I'll be drawing for two winners who will each receive the PDF pattern containing both Right Way and Wrong Way Round from me - and even more:

One winner will receive a Facets of Black Color Roll, and the other will receive a Facets of Red Color Roll from Cotton to Quilts!

(And you know to check their website for their neutral rolls and other bundles to enhance your scrap stash, right?)


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Don't measure the distance ahead. Focus on the progress in front of you!
Oh how I love red and cheddar together - Crazy Ann Quilt Found in Texas.
Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)