>>>>

Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day Round Here!


The rhodies are bloomin' y'all!

When I stopped at Quiltville Inn on the long journey home from Vietnam - just to touch base with the Muddy Creek Misfits and make sure that all was going well for their retreat the first thing I noticed was that the beautiful dogwood blossoms were done, gone and replaced by leaves.

The upside?  The big old rhododendron bush in front of the house was just starting to show signs of pink.  I didn't miss rhodie season!  I'm so happy!

By yesterday morning - after waving off the Misfits to attend to their various mother's day brunches, gatherings and family dinners I looked at that bush once again and it had exploded into color in the past 3 days.
I've been on a long weekend of rediscovery and appreciation - for the over-abundance that I have, certainly - but also for the glorious change of the seasons that is all around.


When I pulled into my drive at the cabin - the lilacs were on their last hurrah - but still so very fragrant!

The weekend's rain has now taken even these blossoms to the ground, but you can bet that I filled myself full of their delicious scent with much deep inhaling.  

The best smell ever in my book!


It was such a crazy weekend with the doc appt in Boon on Friday, followed by much elevating and icing of the bum knee - and napping here and there in an attempt to get my body clock turned back around that I only managed to get a few photos of the retreat going on -

Here Lisa is making a shop sample for Tula Pink's Star Cluster.  


Progress on the design wall -

Love those stripes!


There was a whole lot of progress happening here!

Sometimes we feel like piecing tiny - other times we crank it out making buffalo plaid quilts for grandkids - great job, Cathy!


Sometimes were just feel like making simple strip sets -


That can be turned into amazing things like this!


Sometimes simple rectangles turn into something wonderful:


Like a very scrappy Album Block!


Sometimes we envision quilts in two color ways, can't make up our minds which we like better, so we make them both at the same time! LOL!


I want to wish an extended Happy Mother's Day to all those who mother in any capacity, way, shape or form. 


I hope you know you are appreciated today and every day! 

And yes, I did get a bit of a chance to sew for just a little bit as the knee gets a bit better each day:


Just some simple strip sets from the strip drawers.


There are some golden oldies in here - and I know they are going to sparkle when I start to pull things together.

I'm assuming they are cut small enough to not be too ugly in the finished project! LOL!

There are more Vietnam photos to come - This post just needs to put me in the present.

Today I'm working on getting the inn ready for the May Quiltvillians who are arriving on Wednesday - and as I draw closer to my leaving for Cairo, Egypt on May 31st, things are going to get a bit wild around here.


Other things to look forward to this week!

Right Way Round and Wrong Way Round (The smaller one) are included in the same PDF pattern and will be released on Friday!

Memorial Day is right around the corner and kicks off what I call "Patriotic Season" with Flag Day happening in June followed by Independence Day in July all the way to Memorial Day in September.

Wrong Way Round is called that because I made a big batch of the blocks with the units reversed opposite what they should have been - but that gave me more opportunity to play with more unit combinations and it all turned out great in the end.

Stay tuned for more info - yes, there will be a gift-away and our winners will win the PDF pattern from me, and a color roll from Cotton to Quilts,


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Sometimes it's hard to accept but - the simple truth is this: 

If it doesn't open, it's not the right door. 


Try another door!

Happy Monday, everyone - let's see what we can do with it!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)