>>>>

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Figuring It All Out!


This was the view at my feet yesterday as I filled out-going mail order packages in time to get them to the box before USPS pickup time.

If introducing Mabel to Ivy had proved a bit chaotic - imagine my stress over what Lola would do!

Zoey and Lola have had a "You stay over there and I'll stay way over here" relationship since I first brought Zoey home from the shelter.

But then Zoey was younger, more rambunctious, and Lola had to show her who's boss.


Yesterday was a pattern writing desk day for me - and I cracked up at what the dogs had decided to do  -

At first, Lola kept to her cat tree.  But the more time we spent in the office at the desk, the more curious she became and it was LOLA who came in to check things out with the dogs!

There is a bed that I usually keep under my desk.  I moved it out so the dogs would have more room just outside my office door, but it seemed that Zoey took over the basket of quilts once Mabel had settled herself at my feet.  

Click to Play:


Animals - so funny!

Lola soon got bored, wandered off with Zoey in tow - and look what happened next:


Smart girl! LOL!


This was my view for the next hour or so.

But then for some reason:


Lola keeping watch over Mabel who has once again swapped spots with Zoey.

I think we are all fine here.  Well, except for Ivy who remains tentatively out of sight at home:


On the loft railing, next to the file box.


First short walk of 2022!

4 of us and both dogs went for a little bit of exploratory roaming along the New River down Round House Road.  The road turned really muddy as we started up the hill - so we turned around and came back, calling it short until things dry out a bit more.  No one had shoes they wanted to slog through the mud in, so I was okay with that.


Temps in the high 50s was a bonus - it's going to be cold again over the next few days so I'm glad we got out.


Zoey is not a fan of water - but Mabel wants to go IN!

Just maybe there is enough Labrador in her to make her like water.  I think a DNA test is in order.  I've heard everything from Koolie, Aussie Shepherd, Heeler, and even Catahoula as "could be."  It would be fun to find out what really makes Mabel be Mabel.


Back at the Inn, design walls are busy!


My heart is full with all of the activity!


All my friends are back!


And they are cursing the bazillion hourglass units for Rhododendron Trail. LOL!


We all love Charlotte's Texas themed green Featherweight!

Check out the barbed wire decals!


Some Elizabeth Hartman love on the design wall.


This is coming together great!

I love the blues and greens.


I am so happy to have retreats in full swing again.  To hear the laughter, and partake in conversations. (Not to mention the overflowing treat table!)

Today will be another day with dogs at the QPO Studio as The Hubster has an archery thing today.  We'll manage.  It is all turning out better than expected, and the ladies love the dogs too.

I think there may be some string piecing for me today.  I have a project that has been niggling me to use up the leftover neutral string rectangles from Cherry Crunch but I need to make more!

There has also been a request for more treadle lessons - so that can also happen this weekend.

Most of all I just want to putter around, play in the scraps a bit, and hang out with the February Quiltvillians!

What weekend plans do you have coming up?

Don't Forget: We've got a gift-away for Bruce Leonard's Amazon kick off with his new quilt genre novel, Quilt City Murders!  I'm giving away a paperback copy and our winner will also receive a PDF pattern for my Cherry Crunch quilt.  Enter to win ON THAT POST.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

We also teach people how to treat us by how we treat them.
A little spark of kindness given can bring a burst of sunshine into your own day!
Vintage triangles quilt found in North Carolina.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!



 

12 comments:

  1. It’s good to see that Quiltville Inn is full of excitement again and the hikes are beginning! To top it off the relationships of Zoey, Mable Mae, Lola and Ivy! Then to hear what you are busy with each day! It’s really interesting to read your Blog daily! Thank you for giving us an up close look at your daily life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd day with my favorite longarmmer! Dear sister (in-law) and friend. She does my quilts and i have three. Its such a joy to spend time doing what we love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mabel updates are entertaining, and Ivy's peekaboo photos yesterday and today are cracking me up! She has such an expressive little face, and I feel like she's giving you some sass. ;)

    Love that Grassy Creek in brights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, I love watching your fur family! Thank you. Great news that retreaters are back. Enjoy to the fullest!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure she is part aussie. She looks like a short haired version of my mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dog DNA tests can surprise you. My dog was the size of a corgi and looked like a golden retriever in a basset hound body. It turned out he was 25% cocker spaniel and 12.5% husky. The rest was a mix of dogs without any golden retriever at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the triangle quilt in your quote. Can we see the whole thing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how Mabel has fit into the family and that alternately colored RT Mystery is going to be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that the New pet is getting used to the others. Great to see tails wagging. Good progress on the design walls. The blue and green Rhododendron Trail is awesome on the Design Floor. The February Quiltvillians look right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so good to see your retreaters back, Bonnie. I love seeing their work come together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh! What year is Charlotte's featherweight? I have a first run 1933, that I just love!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)