>>>>

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Where Quilters Gather!


This was yesterday's brunch bunch!

As I've said before, NO ONE goes hungry at retreat - ever!

The kitchen has been producing many yummy smells over the past few days and everything has been deliciously served with love.

And that includes the special treats too!


Aren't they GORGEOUS!!

And absolutely delicious as well. The members of Susan's Retreat knows how to spread the love with each other and it is wonderful to be a part of it.


Smith Mountain Morning from Scraps & Shirttails II in jelly bean colors.

FABULOUS!


Celtic Solstice  is coming together!


This patriotic start became a finish by the time I was heading home!


I have watched this improv heart grow all weekend -


Tada!!!

There is a border to come to brighten the edge and make it just a bit bigger, but watching this grow has been just so much fun!


More Rockabilly Swing progress on this wall!


My own focus yesterday.

I felt the need to do something to show my support for Ukraine, and so I dug into the Ukrainian flag colors and just started sewing.


Lola jumped right into it too!


I'm here.

I don't know where this is going yet, but I'd like something big enough to display off the porch to show my support for Ukraine.

And a red/white/blue patriotic version too. Just because.

But it will take some time - still, I feel driven.

And isn't that just what quilters do?  When the going gets tough and we don't know what to do, we dig in and put all of our emotions into fabric and thread.

Guess what else today is?
It's Gift-Away drawing time!

I am drawing for 2 winners who will each receive that Rhododendron Trail Cabin Corners Bundle AND a Color Aplenty fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts!

Searching for entries 3777 and 2908 out of 6433 entries:


Donna Coleman!


Rebecca Willinglam!

Congrats, Ladies!

Please respond to the messages I sent to the email addresses you provided with your entries. 

As soon as I have your physical mailing addresses I'll pass them on to Cotton to Quilts who will get your fabric prizes out to you. 

If you live outside of the USA, we can send the fabric prizes to a friend who lives within the USA who can then forward them on to you.

For everyone else -Rhododendron Trail has been retired from the blog, has been completely unscrambled and rewritten into PDF Pattern Booklet Format and is available for download in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store!

I've kept all of the hints, tips, tricks and optional methods in - the full 8 week run of instruction is now in an easier to read and understand format!


I know you've been waiting for this one!

Cabin Corners is also available!!

Wondering what to do with all of those precious small saved pieces? 

Stitch up a riot of rainbow color accented with red and give it all (including the kitchen sink) a fabulous place to land! 

This is a foundation paper pieced pattern with 16 pages of full instruction, and many full color photos to help you on your way to sewing up the scrap stash.

Quilt Size: 84’’ X 96’’


Yes there are introductory pricing discounts, and even a  Rhododendron Trail Cabin Corners Bundle!


The bundle is a limited time offer only available through 2/28/22 so hurry!


Some of my blocks in progress!

Today is the last full day with the ladies from Susan's Retreat group.  We've got treadle lessons in the plan, and photos off the porch - weather permitting of course - and loads of fun in store.

They'll be heading on their various ways homes tomorrow as some have to be back at work on Monday.  

We've had a great time!

What has NOT been a great time?


The season of mud from my front yard.

It doesn't help that we had to load up and pull the trailer across the yard to go pick up the mowing equipment in town.

The hubster swears he'll take care of it when things dry out and replant, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's mountain living, and it is what it is.

What plans do you have in store for your own weekend ahead?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I love this quote so much. May we all be too busy working on ourselves that we have no time to criticize or compare ourselves to others.
Putting other people down does not elevate us higher. We can always do better.
Have a great last weekend of February, everyone!


 

17 comments:

  1. Love seeing all the WIP's on the design walls. The cookies & artwork on them look so awesome!!! Life is ever changing and we are always a work in progress just to keep up...no time to worry about others, one plate is enough. Have a great day and Prayers for the people of Ukraine :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of blocks made from colors of the Ukrainian flag. May have to do something similar myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, yummy food and Quilters go together. So nice for you to have them come. Cute hearts in thoughts of Ukraine. Our prayers continue for them. I see on my Facebook that it's been 8 years since I joined the Open Studio group. So much inspiration there. Thanks to you and the Moderators. Going to watch a community Play of Little Women later today. I have had a couple of little finishes this week. Felt good to take those tiny stitches in the bindings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of the mud looks like a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun and the works in progress are fabulous! Have a great weekend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Ukraine flag as color inspiration and my thoughts was also thinking in those lines. Wonder if making quilts for them would help and show how our hearts are with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts keep traveling across the world to Ukraine also. I find tears welling up every so often. It hurts so. We are spending time with two of my sons this weekend. I delivered the first of two quilts to be used around their firepit....when the snow and ice go away. It's a scrappy quilt with everything from Disney to sports to dinosaurs and princesses and everything else in between. There are even pieces from the 80's in it. It will be fun picking out all the different pieces and remembering what I made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the hearts in the colours of the Ukraine. Do you know that their national flower is the sunflower? There’s a paper pieced one on line and all proceeds go to unicef to support Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful block you designed for Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the winning ladies!

    Bonnie your Ukranian flag colored hearts are GREAT!

    Me- I am put the inner border on my All Stars patriotic quilt, cutting middle and outer borders to sew on in studio time tomorrow. I also put the outer border on a Valentines/ heat table runner, cutting the backing and quilting it today. So, I am getting a little quilting in. Other than that, I finished shoveling, opening up the pathway to the neighbors house yesterday, and am cleaning in the house. Normal Alaska winter stuff!

    Donna
    Kasilof, AK

    ReplyDelete
  11. If anyone has found the sunflower quilt block from Unicef that benefits the Ukraine, could you please share the link? I cannot find it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link to the FPP Sunflower for the Ukraine is on Kristy Lea's website quietplaydesigns.com. The pattern raised $11, 200.00 in the first 36 hours of its release. Kristy has said she was ovrewhelmed by the response and has now offered the pattern for free - but asking people to make a donation to a Ukraine Charity. Another quilt designer Anita of Daydreams of Quilts is asking quilters to go on Etsy and buy products (especially digital products) from makers in the Ukraine - that way the money will go directly to someone in the Ukraine who needs it, without the middleman of a charity taking a cut.

      Delete
  12. How cool to see one of my guild friends at your retreat! And I'm betting she's the one who made the patriotic Solstice. Hi Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tribute to the Ukraine. You inspire me to do something similar. This whole situation reminds me of hearing my mother speak of being a young teen and listening to Hungarians plead for the world's help over the radio when Hitler attacked them. Heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hearts reaching out to the Ukrainian people with love in their flag colors

    ReplyDelete
  15. found the unicef sunflower:
    https://payhip.com/b/mvbVk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Que buen grupo de chicas, saldrías muchas ideas geniales de esa reunión
    Besos

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)