>>>>

Monday, December 31, 2018

Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 6!

IMG_20181231_080711_364000

Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone!

It’s Mystery Monday Link-Up time!

Part 6 of our Good Fortune Mystery was released on Friday, and here it is Monday and I have seen from so many of you that you were able to kick out this clue over the weekend, if not all in one day.  HOORAY for easy clues that fall between major holidays.  It does my heart good to know that so many of you were able to squeeze in some machine time.

The neutrals you are using in part 6 are so wonderfully varied – each photo was a treat for these old eyes!

I do want to stress FIRMLY once again – for those using ONE PIECE OF YARDAGE as their neutral to WAIT before cutting into that fabric for part 6.  DO NOT CUT YOUR YARDAGE if you are not string piecing or strip piecing from multiple fabrics. 

I will not be held responsible if you have cut your fabrics, ignoring what I have said and find that you wish you hadn’t later.  This just applies to those using ONE PIECE of neutral as their background.  Please folks – if you must cut something, go cut something else – like a UFO project or something.

If I suggest “WAIT IT OUT!”  That means WAIT. IT. OUT.

Check out these shares from our Quiltville’s Open Studio group on Facebook!

RobM

Rob is channeling his mother.  LOL!

And don’t you love that gorgeous black Singer 301?

ChrisS

Check out the beautiful neutrals in Chris’s units!

I love the information she gave about sewing with a group every Saturday at a day retreat center.  AWESOME!

LisaM

Lisa is exploding in emojis of happiness!

Don’t these look super?

SarahP

And the neutrals just get more varied and more awesome.

Thanks for sharing, Sara!

TordisS

Tordis has been busy stitching -

Aren’t you just so excited to see how these units all fit together?

For those who were doing the strip method from 1 1/2’’ strips instead of the string pieced units – here is a share for you:

CherylU

These are lovely as well and will work splendidly.

Well done, Cheryl!

KarenB

How’s this for organization?

How would we ever survive without copious amounts of zip lock bags?

Way to go, Karen!!

And now it’s your turn. 

Now for the nitty gritty of this link-up. There is a lot of info below.  PLEASE DO NOT SKIM READ!

We have many new folks with us this year, so if you’ve never done a link-up before, we will include some info so you can add your photo of your progress to the mix.


You’ll need either a blog, an instagram account, a Pinterest account, a Flickr account or a Google+ account.  All of which are free, and a great way of journaling your progress on any project.  ALL of these must be set to PUBLIC.


Please, no private accounts as no one will be able to see what you are sharing, so what’s the point? Links to private accounts will be deleted.

No matter where you are in your
Good Fortune quilt you can share blocks, design wall photos, fabric choices, completed units with your dog, cat or grand-baby – just share!

Please do NOT post unit sizes or unit counts in your post.  This is a mystery.  The sizes and counts are plainly available in the mystery directions themselves.  Folks can get them by coming to my directions.

Be sure when you are filling in your information in the Linky form below that you include a URL to your specific post or photo, not just your main blog or profile address.  We need the address of the page where your photo and post is, not the whole account.


For those who don’t understand HOW to find the URL of any given post PLEASE read this linky tutorial before you link up again.

For an example of a blog post including a link back, click HERE.
For a Pinterest post including a link back, click HERE.
For an Instagram post including a link back, click
HERE.
For a Flickr post including a link back, click HERE.


Click the links above for examples of folks who have done it correctly!

If you have linked to my main blog address http://quiltville.blogspot.com that also needs to be changed to the URL for today's linky page. Please check your post or photo and make sure you have the right link.

Our posts are reciprocal.  Which means I link to you, you link back to me.

Your link-up post, be it on Instagram, Pinterest, your blog or wherever MUST include an easy to find, obvious link (highlighted helps!) to the link-up post. The link you are to use is given below.

Pinterest, Instagram etc - you can just paste the URL to this post into the text or even the comment section of your post.

Include this link in your post: 
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-6.html

Or Short Link: https://bit.ly/2CGzypD

If you don’t know how to link it so it is clickable in your blog post, don’t worry about it. Just copy and paste the above URL into your text.

We are also using the hashtags #quiltvillemystery and #goodfortunequilt and a link back to this post for social media.  Please use them AND the URL of this post so we can find you!

If you do not link back to my post, your link will be removed from our link-up.


The linky pages will be alive FOREVER in the archives, Your link will stay there so people can find you, please link correctly to my post so people can find me and the others who have also shared their links as well.

Don’t be the dead end street for everyone else.

Thank you!





This Link-Up will stay open until Thursday Night, January 3rd,2019 at 11:55pm.  I can’t wait to see what you have to share!



IMG_20181231_073133_134000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

I can't wait to start off 2019 with some wonderful things!

I am chomping at the bit to begin.

Pen at hand, I am waiting eagerly to fill that first page.

Are you?

Happy New Year’s Eve, one and all!



14 comments:

  1. I use Snapware boxes to hold each week's clue. I learned about them from you, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on my way to San Diego to see the other grandchildren with clue three. The grandchildren that I brought with me said gramma your bringing your SEWING MACHINE , well yes I told them I am bringing my small FW. Lol we have room and I must catch up , back to work next week! Do you really think I’ll be sewing with 4 grandkids around . I can dream and I am prepared !, Happy New Year Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Karen! You've done a great job, just wish we could have sewn together. See you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part 6 was fun! I used a few of my Neutral Selvages as 'Graffiti'. They were smaller strips, but I don't think it will matter in the Quilting. Can hardly wait for the Reveal! No guesses, yet!! Thanks for the fun, and great words of wisdom.
    Happy New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh be still my heart...i LOVE that green and cheddar quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love to look at all the reveals and imagine what mine will be when I can finally get started. Travel to family and family here to eat, there is just no time for me to sew. 2019 come on!!! Happy New Year to you and your family Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Under the weather and really enjoying the link posts today! I've read every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:45 PM EST

    I am going to have to get my son to help me. I have tried to link my Clues every week and I am not seeing them. I do have other people comment on them on Instagram but I never see them on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year ! Rob made me chuckle . Now , I am thinking ( what corky or odd things I do while sending things thru my machine ? )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just looked at your schedule for 2019 - one can dream of work-shopping with you, huh? Anyway, I just felt the need to let you know HOW PROUD I am of you and your schedule for 2019! You have certainly cut back on your commitments and that will leave much more time for the Inn. GOOD FOR YOU!! Best wishes for everything in 2019!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your creativity and generosity and my best wishes for an amazing 2019 for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)