>>>>

Sunday, August 05, 2018

Day Three at Sew-In with the Cozy Quilter!

20180805_070608
I got to visit with some old friends over the past 3 days -

Most of these friends are older than I am – but they love to stitch as much as I do, and they do it so well!

No, I’m not talking about the quilters themselves, but the machines they brought to class to sew with!

This is Hot Lips Hoolahan, the green Elna Grasshopper that was adopted right here in the great state of Kentucky LAST year when I was here and rehoming machines!

Nothing makes me happier than to see a machine being loved and used, and used often as is the case with this sweet little Elna.

From what I hear she is the belle of the ball wherever she goes, and I’m so happy that her new owner is so happy with her!

Also in class was a sweet featherweight also adopted last year, now bearing the name of Bonnie Belle after yours truly - 

And Pam’s hubby was handy enough to fix the domed wood cover of a Singer 15 hand crank adopted out to Pam last year here as well.  She brought the cover in so I could sign my name on the inside.

Happy vintage machine love all around!


20180804_112416

Cranking out the cute nine-patches!

I’m so glad that we chose Tumelo Trail for our day three workshop – after many nights of late sewing, and loads of activity – I would say that yesterday the quilters were suffering from a bit of quilt-hangover!  Hahahaha!  Simple 9 patches and half-square triangles allowed us to keep putting the pieces through the machine, but at a very leisurely, easy going pace.

I loved that some students were swapping sub-cuts to include in each other’s nine-patches for more variety, and memories of our fine event.

20180805_070426

Oh SEW Many Nine-Patches!

20180804_151532

Before we knew it, blocks were happening, baby!

20180804_153114

Doesn’t this just make you happy??

Fun and simple – delight for the eyes!

20180805_065618
Sweet!

Before we knew it we had blocks ready to lay down by the end of our class day – and many more blocks were being sewn through the evening as these girls didn’t have to leave until Midnight last night – make use of every spare minute we have to make this a really epic event!

You’ll find the rest of our day in the video below.  Click to Play:


It's been such a great weekend all the way around! My thanks to the folks at the Cozy Quilter who worked so tirelessly to pull this all together. 


20180805_065550

Signature 60 wt 3-ply gift packs!  YAY!

And to the great folks at A&E Thread for supplying ALL of our students with a spool of Signature 60 weight, and 6 packs for door prize give-aways each day.  Fabulous thread, made right here in the USA in my home state of North Carolina for more than 100 years.  Ask your local shop to get some in.  I know you will love it too!

20180805_065435

Thanks again, everyone!  We’ll see you next year!

After our workshop day was done, Irene and I headed over to drop some tables and other items back at the shop, and then took a trip over to her house for a bit – check out what we saw!  It was the perfect end to a wonderful event.  Click to play:


I am loading up the van, and making my long journey home. I just said goodbye to Irene in the parking lot, but there is more fun to come - I'm meeting up with her in Atlanta on Tuesday as we make our way to JFK to hook up with our group and head off to ENGLAND!

Tomorrow is my packing day!  

Remember there is still time to enter our Ecolux Lighting Giveaway, winners to be posted that morning. Follow the directions and enter ON THAT POST.


IMG_20180805_064416_610000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage elongated hexagon quilt shared in yesterday's workshop in Louisville, Kentucky!

When you know better, hopefully you do better!

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone.



5 comments:

  1. Pack lightly Bonnie, we are having a heatwave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Bonnie. Today's saying is so apropos, as it so often is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I have used Signature 40 weight on my long arm. What do you use the 50 and 60 weight for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A safe and fast trip home. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)