>>>>

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

On Ringo Lake: Two More Sleeps!

20171122_065714
Good Morning from Quilt Villa, Mouth of Wilson, Virginia!

If you missed last night’s Quiltmaker - vol 16 gift-away posts, you likely also missed that the decision was made to come up late yesterday afternoon so that today could be a day of relaxing and enjoying instead of a day of driving and grocery shopping.

Not that grocery shopping won’t happen today anyone.

In my haste to get up here before dark I forgot a couple of important items.

Can you figure out what they are from the contents of my shopping cart?

*NOTE*  If you are in the south, this is also known as a BUGGY!

20171121_170419


Where is the:
Brown Sugar?
Sour Cream?

After not being here for more than a month, it was also determined that Mother Hunter’s Cupboards are quite bare of other necessities, and if we are doing taco night tonight we also need tortillas, re-fried beans, and taco sauce.  And while I’m at it – could I please get some other much needed (??) items as well?  Well, phooey.  So much for avoiding the crowds.

Needless to say, I WILL be facing hoards of shoppers the day before Thanksgiving – just the thing I was desperate to avoid! (But I got the marshmallows!)

Friends Rick & Mona will be joining us for our Thanksgiving feast – and bringing their Wii.  There will be some Wii bowling in between the Turkey and the pumpkin pie.  

And hopefully a round or two of Farkle, something we also introduced to our nieces and nephews over the past weekend.  Our winner, my sweet great-niece Harlee won the hallowed Farkle cup and dice we brought after her win on our last night in Oregon.

IMG_20171121_220240_426

This was last night!

But what you can’t see is that I may be under a quilt, but was too pooped to do any stitching on it.  Stranger Things, season 2 was released on Netflix around Halloween, but we’ve been saving it for when we are together here for Thanksgiving.  We are running an evening marathon with a couple of episodes per night in hopes to finish it by the time we go home in a few days.  Love this show!

20171122_065639

This is also going on.

The smaller hot tub is now at Rick & Mona’s!  Some (several) of these joists were rotting and this weekend the weather promises to be nice enough that the man-hands that are here can help in re-building the deck in preparation for a new hot tub that will soon be arriving.  This one will NOT be sunken into the deck.  It was too difficult to get in and out of --

And let’s just say that if you are skinny dipping beneath the moon, it’s not a pretty sight to be mooning the moon back as you try to get in and/or out of a sunken hot tub! It’s enough to scare the bears!

20171122_065658

Lumber at the ready!

And yes.  There will be sewing.  And loads of cutting!

23559925_10155927100598909_6824259636438245365_n

Cut before leaving for Idaho/Oregon!

20171121_141826

Finished yesterday before coming to Virginia!

I am cutting scrap hunks that I want to see used up into 6 1/2’’ widths, and then cross cutting them via Accuquilt Studio into 1 1/2’’ segments to be used in this year’s Checkerboard Rails Leader & Ender Challenge!  My 4-patches are done…it’s time to start the rail sections!  How is yours coming along?

I brought a bunch of scraps up with me to press and cut while I listen to an Audio book.  Just having the time to fondle the fabric, cutting it into sizes is a luxury I’ve been looking forward to.

Don’t forget that tonight I am drawing for our 2 Quilty Box winners!  It’s your last chance to enter ON THAT POST!

Of course – we’ve only got TWO MORE SLEEPS until clue #1 of our On Ringo Lake Mystery goes live!  I’m putting the finishing touches on that post and doing the printable PDF version of that clue as well today so I don’t have to deal with it tomorrow.

If you are new here, click the On Ringo Lake tab (it's temporary, it will go away when the mystery closes) at the top of the blog for more info.

I am so excited!  It’s finally here!

20171122_081119

Banana bread - hot out of the oven.  Time for breakfast!

11_22_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

I love this concept! Especially at this time of the year.  (And now I want to make another string star – on a cadet blue background.  Sigh.)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


25 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! May It be a time of rest and peace for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Bonnie. I know you will have a wonderful, happy, peaceful, fun, delicious day.

    Hugs,
    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked carefully at your cart yesterday--did you get the pearl onions? :) I'm guessing you make those only for Dad.

    Have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving at the new Quiltvilla. The company and plans for games before pumpkin pie sounds just right. My husband and I will be on a plane traveling home from AZ. Avoiding all the Pre-Thanksgiving travelers. Yea for not forgetting the marshmallows. Hug your family extra close. Sending a virtual hugs to you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I braved the market Monday mid-day thinking it wouldn't be too crowded--wrong! The forgotten items I picked up at 7a.m. today and had a delightful experience. No crowds at all.
    Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Bonnie. Looking forward to Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Bonnie. Looking forward to On Ringo Pond this year. Love the idea of string stars on cadet blue background. My nephew was accepted into the USAF Academy this past summer and wouldn't that make a perfect quilt for him upon graduation in a few years?!? Gives me a bit of time to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Bonnie and family. I am looking forward to Friday and beginning my first mystery quilt. I enjoy your blogs so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving from our house to yours! Thanks to you and the mystery I am in a better frame of mind anticipating what's ahead. Love your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 more sleeps?? Uhhgg. I really should clean the sewing room and finish last year's mystery quilt.
    2 more sleeps is like a week for insomniacs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving Bonnie fromy ND! GOD bless you and your family and friends.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Bonnie, your post today was so needed. We've had a bit of an emergency and the last couple of days have been sad and stressful. Your hot tub story made me almost laugh.

    I won't be home until sometime later next week, so can't start the newest mystery on time. That's okay, I will be able to see what others are up to and then I will catch up.

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving feast with family and friends.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie... Love reading your posts.. Can't wait to start the Ringo Lake Mystery quilt. You are one busy lady.....it almost makes me tired with reading your events. A very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I am thankful for all you do and share with us. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've started on a String Star quilt. Blocks are 27". WHEW! Big one! Only have 1 block completed. Decided to hand quilt it and sew the blocks together Georgia Bonesteel's style. Will post it when finished but that might be at least a year or two!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your Loved ones Bonnie!..I'm thankful for all you do for us through the whole year.
    I just took 2 Cranberry/Orange breads out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving from UK. I've always wished we had a holiday like Thanksgiving, to celebrate family and togetherness. We call them shopping trolleys.
    Enjoy your holiday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving from Smith Mountain Lake Va and with family and friends. Try to get some rest. And have you ever watched the series on Netflix called Hart of Dixie? I'm all wrapped up in those series.
    Excited to try my first MQ and I may need a tutor :) I'm very thankful for having a great friend Bonnie Hunter.




    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thanksgiving, Bonnie! Just read your other son is coming to join you for the holiday - that is awesome. I call the cart a "buggy" up here in Canada, but since I have lived from one end of the country to the other, I'm not sure where I picked it up from. Since we had our Thanksgiving last month, I'm debating taking Friday off work just so I can start the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Thanksgiving to you and family and blessing to Sadie. wishing you a Beautiful day.Tank you for the mystery,and all the time it takes to get it ready for everyone to enjoy.i look so forward to your quilt. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you a wonderful restful enjoyable Thanksgiving. Thank you for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll be taking a train ride to visit w/part of my family tomorrow and thinking of all of us who are waiting with shifting feet and fingers for MQ first step to be revealed... what a huge community of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So good that your deck is being readied for your new hot tub, hope your men keep safe whilst working. I’m about half way 9n my rail fence and loving the way it’s coming together such a n ice design with the checkerboard detail.
    I made two banana breads and managed to sell both at the local market along with my quiches and sausage rolls, today I’ll be baking for tomorrow’s market and I then have another on Saturday so going to be a busy weekend.
    Enjoy yourselves happy thanksgiving
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am ready for Thanksgiving and company that arrived last night and here till Sunday. But, I wanted to take a minute to wish you and all the quilty friends a happy day.Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Turkey Day to you and yours Bonnie, Sitting here smiling at the pic in my sleepy head of mooning the moon and bears. Before 2010 I was living in Nelson County VA, so wouldn't have been too far from Quiltvilla for a close-by group stitch fest. Now in Newport News VA waiting for my granddaughter to arrive from MD. We're gonna go big and eat whatever she wants. Probably pizza. :) Her mom lives in Nevada now, so it is just us two, but excited to see her. Much hugs and giggles, Judy in Newport News.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bonnie, I am thankful for you and all that you do for quilters everywhere. May God bless you and your family in a very special and personal way.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)