>>>>

Friday, June 15, 2012

A Visit to Fabric Shack!

I had such a great visit with the gals at Fabric Shack in Waynesville, Ohio yesterday ---- and was thrilled when we were introduced to hear that they had just been reading my blog that very morning. Such a small world!

Janelle and Loretta had escaped with Cathy and some of the other class girls on Wednesday to make a run down there --- and came back with great reviews so I knew I HAD to go ---

Four of us met up at 10am as the doors opened ----Anita was already shopping when I walked in, and Irene and Lisa soon followed ----

After visiting a bit, exchanging introductions and getting my bearings by walking around ((in complete awe at the amount of wonderfulness ever abundant within these very walls))

I found myself face to face with THE REMNANT CARTS OF JOY!!

OH_PA_june2012 269

Oh yes, I”d been forwarned about the Remnant Carts of Joy---everything on the cart os $3.98 a yard, and you have to take the whole piece….move over, I’m diving in!

OH_PA_june2012 266

Here is one of the gals measuring out my spoils ---I was simply STASHING, no rhyme, no reason, if I liked it, it came home. Most of my pieces were about 1/4 to 1/2 yard – so that’s only $1 to $2 a piece. BARGAIN!

The shop is bright and beautiful, and I love the rainbow array of bolts of fabrics displayed on simple white shelving:

OH_PA_june2012 271

Gorgeous fabrics, loads of colors, lots of inspiration!

OH_PA_june2012 274

Makes me wish my sewing room looked like this!

OH_PA_june2012 275

Great samples, something to see at every turn!

OH_PA_june2012 276

Great selection of hand dyed woolies for the wool appliquers!

OH_PA_june2012 277

Fabrics from every manufacturer and line imaginable!

OH_PA_june2012 281

You want pre-cuts? They’ve got them by the dozens!

OH_PA_june2012 279

Batiks? Novelties? Civil War? Modern? Blenders? Everything under the sun --- it’s here!

And of course, for those who can’t make a trip to the real brick and mortar store, you can find it all at FabricShack.com!

23 comments:

  1. I had no idea that place was so large having never been there - I do shop on their on line store there. So much fun to be there in person I bet.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 AM EDT

    I love to go to the Fabric Shack. I live in SC but go to Ohio every June to have a reunion with friends. This is always on my list of things to do. I could stay there for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky!!!! That is like my dream place to visit!! Having no patchwork stores where I live I have been buying from them for a couple of years now and I am very happy with the service and the great deals they have. I am sure you had a great time in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish my local quilt store looked like this! adding their link to my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fitzy - Quilted Cactus8:00 AM EDT

    OMG....officially HOMESICK! Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shop. Introduced to me by another quilter friend in Dayton who took me on my first in person visit last fall....need to go back next trip to the Dayton-Cinncy area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is an amazing place! I hope you left some of the cart fabrics for others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this place - wish it weren't a 3 hour drive for me.
    Looking forward to you trip to Lexington, KY

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that shop! It does look great. Oh! those lucky Ohio quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yeah, that looks like my kind of place for sure...but i'm only going as far as lancaster this year, too bad too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great shop with lots of inspiration! Speaking of inspiration, I spent yesterday at the MN Quilt Show in Rochester, MN. Lots of eye candy available. I did my best to keep the economy strong, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun to see you indulge a little in stashing! Don't we all just love to be surrounded by rainbows of color? Thanks so much for reviewing this shop that I had not yet discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Bonnie!

    Thanks so much for visiting our shop yesterday, it was so nice to meet you!! Also, thank you so much for such a fantastic post. Hope to see you again soon and keep an eye out, we're going to feature you on our blog next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you got to experience Fabric Shack! It is a great shop with wonderful people. I'm so lucky that this shop is only 30 minutes from my house. I'm there often to shop and visit with all the gals - always a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Remnant carts of Joy--absolutely LOVE that! That's where you would have found me. I don't know if it is safe for me to click the link to their website. My budget might need an iron lung!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! Hmm, I think I see the makings of a One-Block Wonder over there on the left side of the cart. I am sooo sorry to be missing my HS reunion in Columbus, I'd spend a week driving around Ohio sniffing after your trail.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Fabric Shack is great! They had an amazing tent sale during the International Show in Cincinnati in April. There are many really great shops in Ohio!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I want to go there now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a trip to Ohio is in my future!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous2:26 PM EDT

    We all need a place like this to shop. What fun you must have had.
    Maryella

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want those woolies! I've just become interested in wool applique but every thing here in Illinois are dark, muted colors. I would love to have some of those pastel shades. I'll have to check their website and see if they offer them there. Thanks, Bonnie for sharing the pictures and your stories of life and travel.
    Anna in IL

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been ordering from Fabric Shack for over 10 years. I agee--wonderful fabrics, wonderful service!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)