>>>>

Monday, June 11, 2012

Evening Edition–Free Kindle Book ---

And I can’t wait to put my feet up and take a REST tonight!

What a fun full day --- the biggest surprise of all? I walked into the classroom today to see a face I thought was familiar – but she was TOTALLY out of place, and over 20 hours drive from home --if she was still home…..that is a BIG IF ----

It took me a double take to see that my friend Nell really WAS here in Ohio, not in Nebraska where I pictured her sending me an email just a days ago telling me “have a great trip to Ohio and travel safe ---“

The stink bug didn’t tell me that she was coming for all 3 days of workshops, and bringing her mom with her for them to have a girls only road trip – HOW FUN IS THAT?!?

I’ve got some great pics of us together – those will be coming later. My eye lids are heavy and I’m headed for jammies even if it is only 8:30am here.

I’ll do some photo editing tonight and get that class workshop slideshow working for tomorrow’s update.

In the mean time – I am a total sucker for Titanic type of stories --- I hate the disaster part – I know what is going to happen, and I’m like a kid peeking through parted fingers at a scary movie that she doesn’t want to watch, but can’t help herself.

But look at it this way --- EVERYONE in that disaster had their own story, their own words to tell. And lots of time fiction can take off in wonderful directions that history and truth just couldn’t capture or convey – and that is where I get to this story that I just downloaded.

Hearts That Survive: A Novel of the Titanic by Yvonne Lehman is free in the kindle store.

On April 15, 1912, Lydia Beaumont is on her way to a new life with a boundless hope in love and faith. Her new friendship with Caroline Chadwick is bonded even more as they plan Lydia’s wedding on board the “grandest ship ever built.” Then both women suffer tragic losses when the “unsinkable” Titanic goes down. Can each survive the scars the disaster left on their lives?

Decades later, Alan Morris feels like a failure until he discovers he is the descendant of an acclaimed, successful, heroic novelist who went down with the Titanic. Will he find his identity with the past, or will he listen to Joanna Bettencourt, Caroline’s granddaughter, who says inner peace and success come only with a personal relationship with the Lord?

Will those who survived the Titanic’s sinking and their descendants be able to find a love more powerful than their pain?

It was still free when I downloaded it --- and I kind of get giddy when the listed “regular” price is $14.99. I’m easily made happy with that one!

Make sure it’s still free for you before you click it.

And with that – I’m off to unwind, maybe stitch, maybe edit photos, maybe watch some TV – or get to bed EARLY!

Night all!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, Bonnie, Nell was really having a great time waiting to see you SEE her! Glad you had such a marvelous day. I will be glad when she is back home so I can hear all about your workshops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Silence of the Yams so much I'm going to pay $2.99 for her other books. What a deal.

    Which ones are Nell and Mom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that!! Hope you have a great time visiting with eachother!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting free Kindle books. I've been building my library to read at my camp on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:32 PM EDT

    I just got brave and downloaded all needed info to my computer to get the Kindle books!! Reading the introduction and thank yous I was surprised to find one of the experts was from a local university and had gotten her degree on our Fort Wayne Campus! The world is a small place! bev (kwiltpharm@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)