>>>>

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Wow! it *WAS* a Hot Topic!

Remember all the comments that were generated last week by THIS POST about my upgraded seat?

It turns out that CNN thought enough about this kind of dilemma to write a whole article about it!

I love the first line:

(CNN) -- When it comes to relationship minefields, watch out for frequent flier miles.

When Regina sent me the link to the article, saying “I expected to see your name in this article!  Hope it was resolved peacefully?  (I am behind on blog reading - so you may have posted about it already)”  I had to go click the link and read the article myself.  What would it say?  I knew I couldn't be the only one facing this dilemma!

So here’s what happened with MY situation ----turns out the plane from Dulles to Dallas was a small commuter jet -- there were only two rows of 1st class seats.  The first class seat I was upgraded to was in the second row and was a window seat, and didn’t have as much leg room as you would think….


Remember this pic of me with my hexies?  See my knees that close to the seat pocket?  Yep! This is the first class seat! 

And DH would have had to climb over the big guy who had the seat next to me to get out to the aisle to go to the restroom ---- He PREFERS an aisle seat --so he told ME to take the first class seat, and he was much happier with his aisle exit row seat.  He actually had more leg room than I did!  My computer bag was parked under the seat in front of me, and I really had no room to stretch out.

But to make it up even more to him --- when checking him in for his flight home on New Years Day, I bumped him up to Economy Plus all the way  home.  He was happy with that, and it worked out fine for both of us.

The big realization is that every EVERY relationship is different, and it is okay to get other people’s opinions, but their opinions are just that ---opinions --- and you have to take it with a grain of salt, and do what works for you and your family!

I just realized something.  If I am going to retreat tomorrow – I won’t be around on Saturday for Yard Sale Saturday this month.  I hope you don’t mind, but I want to do it the first Saturday in February to give us more time to pull it together, okay?

The first MONDAY in February will be the next Mystery Monday Link-Up.  You still have until Friday at 11:59pm Eastern time ((That’s tomorrow at almost midnight, folks)) to link up to THIS MONDAYS Link-up.  There are currently 99 links there!  So if you don’t link by Friday Night, it can wait until the first Monday in Feb, and maybe by then we’ll see full quilts with binding!

cheddarbowties 001

So --- all this under control for the first Saturday and Monday in Feb --- how about THIS COMING MONDAY, Jan 9th, we do our CHEDDAR BOW TIE LEADER/ENDER LINK-UP!?  I’ll be flying out early Monday morning for San Diego, and that is the perfect thing to have running on a day when I’ll be away from the computer.

Note on that --- you don’t have to use cheddar in your bowties.  You can do them ANY WAY YOU WANT --- just link your blog to mine so we can all visit!

Ready, Get Set – SEW!

5 comments:

  1. Good on you Bonnie - you are right - talking it through and thinking what works best for you is the way to go - we each have our own paths through life don't we!!! Enjoy your retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, for making the DH happy too. I'm so glad I don't have to use the Cheddar in ALL of my Bow-ties and little Orange goes a long way in my book.
    Even if the new Color for 2012 is "Tangerine", LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I'm might be sorry for this but .... I don't see why there should even BE separate classes. You can tell I don't fly much! 8-)))

    But it was fun for you to know that your post started the article! 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:16 PM EST

    I want to play Bow Tie Leader Enders! Am I too late???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:51 AM EST

    You know, we have been offered the bulkhead row behind first class...with overly tired, hungry, screaming kids. I felt horrible for the people on the otherwise of the netting, but there was nothing morally or ethically wrong with accepting seats the ticket counter assigned us. Glad everything worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)