>>>>

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

String Spider Webs in Plano!

I’m on my way home today!

Janet is picking me up at the hotel at 9am and heading me and my 100lbs of quilts and my suitcase full of batik scraps ((oh please, let it not be over 50 lbs!! LOL!!)) off to the airport and I’ll be on my way.

It’s been a wonderful trip and I’m excited about the possibility of it being an annual New Years Day thing here in Plano.  At this point we’ll be doing two mystery classes ((the same one, repeated twice since the first one filled already!)) And one other class that we pick from my new book that will be out in July.  It will be fun to see everyone again!

This group was SO SILLY!, I can’t begin to explain it.  I mean who else would break into refrains of “Delta Dawn” at the top of their lungs?! ((I live by silly myself, so I fit right in ---))

dalllas_dec2011 233

You see this sign? we had to use an “annex” room to hold all the students, because the main room wasn’t big enough. At first I called it the “TIME OUT” room ---and then they said “No, they were the Gifted and Talented room---“  After a while we just called them “Special Ed…” ((LOL!!)) And by the end of the 3rd day, it was simply “Adult Day Care” HEHEHEHEHhhhheee!  You had to be there, but it was hilarious.  I loved these ladies!

dalllas_dec2011 203

This lovely lady is Lee Ann!  And you know how they tell us that there are 6 degrees or points of separation and that someone will know someone who knows someone who knows you?

It turns out that Lee Ann lived up in Delta Junction Alaska, and is best buds with the gals that I became friends with through my visit up there!  And here she was in my workshop – so we did something fun --- took our picture together, plastered it on the facebook walls of these friends as a special shout out to let them know that we were together and missing them!  Friendships.  New ones and old ones.  Connections.  Time and time again it is proven to me that is the MOST valuable thing about this traveling life I’ve adopted ---I love seeing the connections!  This was fun to be part of this digtal photographical picture surprise between these distant friends who miss each other so much!

I took a lot of pictures of the spider web workshop, I hope you enjoy seeing them.  I’m sure you can also feel the fun and the laughter and the memory making going on in this room ((And that includes the annex ---the Time out Room, The Gifted and Talented room, the Special Ed room --- AND Adult Day Care!! LOL!!))

Time to pack up the suitcases and double check the quilt bags. Time to make sure the hexie project is close at hand….don’t leave a spare sock behind in the hotel room --- be sure you have the extra soaps and shampoos, and stick the commemorative “Holiday Inn Express” pens in my purse….may I never run out of pens! :c/

Can someone please PLEASE tell me how to get Delta Dawn out of my head?!?!


I’m headed home!  Who’s cooking dinner?

23 comments:

  1. Tina in NJ9:45 AM EST

    I've always used Karma Cameleon by Culture Club (remember Boy George?) to get earworms out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM EST

    We have Quilt-a-Rama at my place on Thursday nights. With the holidays, it has been three weeks since we got together. I don't know who is more excited for this Thursday, me or my quilty friends. I absolutely love each one of them because there are no strings attached (just sewn) to our relationship. We are connected because of our love of quilting and grow in our love for each other. I do not know what I would do without them. They have seen me through some pretty tough times and I am so appreciative for each one of them.
    Safe journeys Bonnie, make new friends!! Even if some of them belong in "Special Ed". LOL
    Faye
    Abusyquilter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pics! They all look great and it looks like a lot of fun was had by all! Wish I still lived in NE La and could plan on a trip next year but moved back to NW Florida in 2010. : > ) Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...now I'll be singing it all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Now I'm singing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:24 AM EST

    Looks like you all had a blast! I can't wait until you are in Annapolis next month, I have signed up for your workshop there, 'Virginia Bound'. Am really excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I will be stuck with "Delta Dawn" in my head all day! Back near that 1973 date of the video you posted I actually sat on the front row at a Helen Reddy concert here. Not sure how I got the tickets, I just remember that I wasn't sure who this woman was before going--but she was good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun pictures!! I loved the Longarmed and Dangerous t-shirt and the "oops" square sewn into the seam. Tell me we all haven't done that a time or two. HAHA
    I know what you mean about knowing someone who knows someone who knows a friend of yours. My hubby is a Chaplain and there were a group of them together for training a month ago. They were supposed to do an icebreaker and meet up with someone they didn't know. My hubby was standing all by himself because he knew everyone in the room. The General said to the room, "Is there anyone in the room who DOESN'T know CH Malone?!" It was pretty funny.
    I'm the introvert, there is always someone I don't know. Haha!
    Thanks for bringing Hellen Reddy up in my mind, I will be stuck on that all day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to see my beautiful best quilting friend Lee Ann on your blog! I miss her so! Loved the pics from the class and the different color ways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had as much fun as the women in your class. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heard Delta Dawn and noticed that the background was QUILT RELATED. wHO KNEW!!Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just flipped through the slide show. One person's stars have two fabrics that I own! I love the "longarmed and dangerous" t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that song is in my head too. Hope I don't suddenly burst into song at work today.
    Great spiderwebs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am woman...hear me roar.....

    Is that any better? lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have such fond memories of 'Delta Dawn' being a child sitting in the back of my Grandma's green Nova with my 2 hippie aunts driving (one driving, one co-piloting) singing 'Delta Dawn' at the top of our lungs. I was the oldest in my generation and only 13 years behind my youngest aunt so I was always invited to tag along. Many many miles of back country KY roads. I will be smiling all day, thanks for bringing up that memory.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like a great way to start 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the class hated to go back to work the next day wanted to keep spinning my web, started the year having fun with you and will finish the year having fun with you YIPEE!! (your molasses cookie stalkers friend) Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, never heard the term "earworm". But having songs annoyingly stick in my mind happens often. To get the song out of my head, I turn on the radio and listen to another song. This usually helps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you use the "Delta Dawn" name for one of your quilt creations and show it next New Year when you go back? Or would there be copyright problems????? That would be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Bonnie...

    Delta amanecer, que es esta flor que astas llevando?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous12:22 AM EDT

    I'm not too far from Plano, just outside of McKinney to the north. If I had known you were in Plano, I would have probably tried to crash the party. I love the string quilts, and the W of O is inspired and inspiring. Gee, I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous12:24 AM EDT

    Gee, if I had known you were going to be in Plano, I might have tried to crash the party. I live just north of there. I love the string quilts. The W of O is inspired and inspiring. Oh, I wish I could have been there. Looks like it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)