>>>>

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Quilt Fiesta! And The Winner Is……


It’s March 3rd!! Which means it is time to draw the winner of the Quilt Fiesta book I posted about last week!

::::::::::::Insert Drumroll Please!::::::::::::::

The winner is….Paul of Outnumbered Quilter!

Paul’s entry read:

Me encantaría tener este libro porque me encanta la cultura latina. Tengo varios amigos de Venezuela y es casi seguro que elegir un modelo de este libro para un regalo de Navidad para una de ellas. (Thank You Google Translator...)

I would love to have this book because I love the latin culture. I have several friends from Venezuela and would almost certainly choose a pattern out of this book for a Christmas gift for one of them.

You’ve got it Paul! Quilt Fiesta! will be winging it’s way to you as soon as you email me your snail mail address! I hope you enjoy the book as much as I have….tile inspirations for quilts are everywhere!

ducksinarow

Jet-Lag-Be-Danged! I’ve got just TODAY to get my ducks in a row….I’m headed off to Tennessee tomorrow morning on another whirlwind loop! I’ll be visiting with the Piece By Piece Quilters in Jackson TN for a workshop and a lecture on Saturday!

mountainquiltfest1

Sunday is my drive to Pigeon Forge for A Mountain Quilt Fest!….and I have a special treat. MY DAD is going to be joining me in Pigeon Forge! Bring on Spring…we need some good weather. He’s been feeling kind of alone and down, and I’ll be there the full week, and I said he could just come and hang out if he didn’t mind being one of the few roosters amidst a whole LOTTA hens clucking! Rolling on the floor laughing I’m not sure he is ready to be thrown into Quilt-life, but we’ll find out!

We had such a great time together in Vegas in December, it will be fun to have him with me again….he can see me in action Winking smile I’ll be in classes for the day, but we can enjoy each others company in the evenings. He’ll head back home to AZ on Friday.

After Pigeon Forge, I’m headed to Franklin NC for a visit with the Smoky Mountain Quilters! We’ll have a couple days of workshops there, and then on to the Evening Star Quilt Guild of Pelham, AL! Is there anything prettier than the South in the spring? I am SO SO SO Ready. And I am driving this whole trip, so it will be good to have my feet on the ground.

I’ve figured something out…I used to use the auxiliary jack in my car to listen to my books on mp3 as I drove..but invariably I would turn the car off, forgetting to turn OFF the MP3 player first…and I’d come back to find my books in a different place…they’d been playing for hours! So now I’m downloading them, and burning them to CD in WMA format as a data disk. I can fit a 12 hour book on ONE CD and these work in my car CD player. And when I turn the car off…it holds my place. Yes, it costs me the CDs…but the CD player isn’t going to run out of battery power on a long trip in the middle of a good part either!

More pic editing has been going on….look for more Germany Pics to come maybe later today….I’ve gotta get working on the TO DO list! ((And the sewing machine is coming with me this trip too…I NEED TO SEW!!))

10 comments:

  1. Will be fun to see what you're sewing on this time.

    Have fun with your Dad. He needs some daughter-time. Hope the weather stays good and springy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip on the cds, Bonnie!
    I'm missing Pigeon Forge this year... that Mountain Quilt Fest is awesome! Love the little shuttles they provide - and the food is SO good there! Don't miss the 'bed turning' event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I have tickets to your Tuesday Cathedral Stars but my husband's R & R from Afghanistan ends on Wednesday, and try as I might :-P, I couldn't convince him that his last day of leave should be spent in Pigeon Forge! (That's the military for you...never plan 'til it's over! LOL) So I'll be thinking of you (three others friends of mine will be there to say hello!), and wishing you memories galore with your Dad!
    Blessings!
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see you Saturday in Jackson!!! Some of the ladies from our quilt guild (Quilting in the Grove) and I are taking a road trip and coming from Olive Branch/Hernando MS to see your trunk show, we've got our tickets and are ready to go!!! We are all so excited!!! I have all of your books and can't wait to see your quilts in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are going to get to spend some time with your Dad! You picked a wonderful time to drive through the Southeast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 of us will be in your Tuesday class in Pigeon Forge but we will be minus our good friend, Mary Lou (see above)!
    Can't wait to meet you and enjoy the day together. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:19 AM EST

    Looking forward to meeting you in Tennessee. My daughter will be along. We'll be working on Sister's Choice together. Something tells me your Dad won't lack for attention.
    Anita anitasena@zoomtown.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU BONNIE!!

    I look forward to receiving Quilt Fiesta! And now my two week old blog has 2 more followers!

    So glad to hear you are spending time with your dad. I hope my kids always want to spend time with me. I cherish the times I get with my father and look forward to 20 years from now hanging out with my kids...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though this has nothing to do with this post, I thought you might be interested in looking at the quilt I just started based on your Bricks & Stepping Stones. It's on my blog http://loisarnold.blogspot.com Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you exhaust me! have a fantastic time. I don't know about your car, but in mine, the auxiliary jack keeps draining the car battery too - it doesn't turn off when the car turns off. I had a cord plugged into my auxiliary jack all the time, even when I didn't have the ipod attached. I think that's what drained my car battery, cuz ever since I took it out, haven't had that problem... good idea about burning to cd though!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)