>>>>

Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Bye-bye, July Quiltvillians!


I waved the July Quiltvillians off yesterday morning -

They stayed into August - it was time to go home! LOL!

This photo shoot happened on Monday evening after I returned from my eye doc appt in Winston Salem.  The end of a very busy day, but the light was JUST RIGHT on that side of the house to throw those quilts over the rail and dazzle the cars passing by.

These gals worked so hard on their projects - some of what you see here are newly finished tops, others are projects they have finished since the last time they were here, and they brought them to adorn their beds for sleeping.


Grassy Creek and Frolic on the left, a 3 yard top just finished by Rebecca, along with a tote she finished during retreat in a class given by Gail - it's her Busy as a Boss bag, and you'll be seeing more of that coming up soon - so stay tuned!

Some of you asked about the blue/tan quilt as it was on the design wall a couple of posts ago - it's called Twister, and Terry made it with 10'' squares.  A google search will take you to the template/pattern I am sure.

Two Grassy Creek Quilts are playing bookends to a Scrappy Bargello (Free Patterns tab!) and a Xing from String Frenzy!

You know my heart was doing the happy dance as I saw quilt after quilt unfurling over that porch rail!


Last but definitely not least!  Gail brought three incredible finishes.

Her Omigosh! quilt is by Sue Garman (Sue is so greatly missed - heaven gained a quilting angel!) followed by Straits of Mackinac from String Frenzy, and her Sister's Choice quilt (placed on point) from the Free Patterns tab,


And bless that Laurie - she worked so hard on her Bitcoin quilt top!

This girl is a powerhouse!  And what's even more fun - I had brought over some bags of scraps from my sorting of Carrie's box the other day, and when Laurie dug through them, she added several pieces to her Bitcoin ladders and they looked FANTASTIC!


Tada!!!

You really CAN cut those ugly fabrics small enough!


Just fabulous!


All of the hours and hours that went into these beautiful quilts.


So many miles of  binding!


So many small pieces!

(And pardon my Amazon box! LOL!)

Less the other design wall projects be forgotten:

Holy Toledo from Scraps & Shirttails II is being made in Kansas Troubles fabrics, while Zuckerwatte from String Fling is growing on the opposite wall!

Straits of Mackinac from String Frenzy has grown quite a bit while at retreat!


Loving Jean's red white and blue blocks made from South African Shweshwe fabrics!


Betty's Moth in the Window blocks from the Addicted to Scraps book are coming right along!


The interwoven blocks (no pattern info) are so fun!

The 16 patch blocks are Terry's current Leader & Ender project - I can't wait to see what they will become!


Monday's are for leftovers!

No one ever goes hungry - it's just not possible.  And the last day is for eating up all of the remains of the week - the best meals of all come from little bits of snacking on everything.


Bye bye, July Quiltvillians!


We'll see you next year - same place, same time!

This week is also overflowing with other things that need to be posted - and I'm having to adjust just a bit.

We have THREE Gift-Aways that are going to happen one after the other, but as this retreat wrap-up post is long enough, we'll start that round TOMORROW.

As a hint on what you'll not want to be missing - the Quilter's Alliance "Quilters Take a Moment" virtual event is coming up on September 17-18.  I will have TWO tickets for two lucky winners!

Gail Mayhue taught a WONDERFUL Busy as a Boss tote class, and I've got FIVE patterns to gift-away to FIVE winners - and the pattern includes the clasps you need for the best busy bag you'll ever own. 

My July Quilty Box arrived!  So we've got that to offer up as well.

All of these things will be happening over the next several days.

And TODAY?  The AUGUST Quiltvillians will be rolling in this afternoon!  (Yes, I love my life, I truly do!)

My own quilting time has been really short this week, but I'm trying to schedule some time in.  Do you have to do that too? Block out time on your calendar so you can really do it?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Vintage double four patch quilt found in North Carolina.

Wake up grateful and watch how the day unfolds!
And I wish you a wonderful Wednesday! 


 

14 comments:

  1. The quilts hanging over the rail were lovely! All retreats have so much good food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am missing my Grandmas Quilt Camp pictures of Quilts over the Gazebo in our Pioneer Park this year. My porch isn't as big so a short walk to the Park is where we go. Hope we can get in a couple days of it later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt show and love hearing about activities at the retreat. Just saying that we have "Must Go"
    once a week at my house! Everything in the fridge must go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the quilts you share from the retreaters are so lovely! The interwoven blocks look like the Jelly Roll Rumble I just made. It was a pattern from National Quilters Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts!

    I think the interwoven blocks on the design wall are a Cluck Cluck Sew pattern called Basket Case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite features in your daily blog posts are of what everyone is working on and the rail pictures... And today, you did not disappoint. So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the variety of colors and patterns. If this porch could talk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts! That Amazon box was pointed right at a little gem! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the quilts were beautiful. The Bitcoin is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Want to thank you again for the wonderful time I had at Quiltville. It was my first time there and hoping not my last

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love reading your posts with my coffee in the morning. The quilts are an inspiration for me to get going on my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An inspiration for me also. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bonnie, for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beauty and inspiration. I’m sure they all loved their retreat, I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beauty and inspiration. I know those ladies tore up the sewing machines!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)