>>>>

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Lovin’ the Scrappy Fun at Stitchin’ Heaven!


Quilt shop owner Deb cutting up in class with my students!

I am having a wonderful time in East Texas – home to Stitchin’ Heaven and all of the quilty fun found here!

I first walked through the doors of Stitchin’ Heaven quilt shop when they resided in nearby Quitman, Texas – it was June 1999 and I was so excited to be living in Texas, meeting all the quilters, starting out a new chapter at the turn of a new century.  little did I know that 20 years later I’d be coming back to teach here.  20 years of Quilty goodness that keeps me coming back!


And it keeps these fine folks coming back as well!

Pfeffernusse from String Fling was our project!


Mothers and daughters – partners in Quilt Crime
and in playing hooky from jobs and school!

Hey!  Quilting is educational!

It uses math!

And we have to work through problems.

We’ll call it a FIELD TRIP!


We spent our morning with scrappy string blocks in two colors – neutrals -


And darks! 

And yes, there were more colors than just brown for those who don’t “do” brown!

After lunch we were on to cutting quarter-square triangles in already matched pairs ready to sew for hour-glass units.  Check this out…whoowhooo!


Oh, I love this so much!


Allison’s blues & yellows stole the show as well!


I loved the monitor set up so those not at the demo table could still see!


I think I need this camera set up for Quilt-Cam!


Layout of blocks going down!


Thanks for coming, everyone! It was an awesome day -

You’ll find the rest of our Pfeffernusse day in the video below.  Click to Play:


The time flew by far too fast!

My evening was spent in the company of my brother in law and his family.  They drove over from Longview and we enjoyed a yummy dinner out and a great couple of hours of conversation.  It was just terrific.  The last time I had seen them was in Oregon for my Father in law’s funeral. A year and a half ago.  We just don’t see each other often enough.

As I finish up this post and get ready to rush out the door I can hear the rain pounding outside.

I left my unbrella at home. Not a smart move!

It won’t dampen our spirits one bit though – today is the day we’ve all been waiting for.  EMERALD CITY from String Frenzy is up on deck, and we are going to have a stringing good time!

Did you see that we’ve got a Quilty Box Gift-Away happening in yesterday’s post?  Two winners will be drawn on Sunday – so get on over there and enter to win ON THAT POST.


Quiltville Quote of the Day

And I am not the only one who feels this way!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!




8 comments:

  1. Allison was so excited to attend your workshop yesterday (Tuesday). I'm thrilled for her. I love the pictures of the happy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, You're definitely not alone. I have so many 'Balls in the Air', juggling as fast as I can. Deadlines, Quilt Shows and UFO's. Love all the scrappiness! That is a great set-up for your workshop Demo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks, this looks such a fabulous venue and such happy smiling ladies.
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did manage to visit TX when we're getting drenched!
    Love seeing your daily postings. Maybe someday I'll get over to Stitchin' Heaven from Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man... another connection. I lived in East Texas from 1991 to 1995, and did a lot of my major shopping in Longview, as I lived in a little town that if it wasn't for the 4-way stop sign intersection in the center of town, you'd never know it existed. Loved it, though. Like your cabin in Virginia... isolated, peaceful, and back to God's Creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever published a book of your quotes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not want to be unknown (Bonnie)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Allison. Love your blues and yellows.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)