>>>>

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Quilt-Cam Night! 8/16/2017

20170816_152325
Quilt-Cam happened last night!

It was a last minute decision as I realized part way through the day that The Hubster would be away at tennis, and my to-do list was manageable enough that we could squeeze it in.

And we had the perfect project at hand.  Or perhaps I should say ON THE FLOOR.

I’ve tried demonstrating quilt top “Webbing” by still photograph, but until you see it in action, it sometimes doesn’t make sense to folks.

I’m a visual learner.  I get it!

So I got down on the design floor with my pieces and we did it via Facebook live on my Quiltville Facebook page!
20170816_152242

Quilt top laid out and ready to sew.

This quilt would be bigger than any design wall available to me so I just lay the pieces out in the order I want them to be.  This would go also for a quilt that is set straight with sashings and cornerstones.  Place them where you want them.  

We’ll be starting in the upper left corner, bringing the second column of units right sides together with the first column, Right over left, not left over right!

You’ll get what I mean by watching the video below.

I played with camera placement worried about the camera angle, and also what the microphone would pick up from me so far away.  It picked it up just fine!

20170816_163039

I actually used THIS arrangement!

20170816_163045

Ready to click GO LIVE and go with it!

Watch along by clicking the arrow on the scree below.



And there you have it!  This post will be added to the Quilt-Cam tab at the top of the blog and also linked under the “Webbing” article under the Tips & Techniques tab at the top of the blog for future reference.  And you can always find it on my YouTube channel.

20170816_222738

Sewing on my 1962 Pink Atlas!

This is the machine that Mona and I picked up in North Wilkesboro this past year and I just felt like sewing pink for a while.  I love the atomic look of this machine.

Before our webbing demo I used the machine to do this:

20170816_115325

Here she is adding the last neutral border on the Hour Glass quilt round!

Next up is the purple round and it will be done.

I’ve heard form folks who have already or nearly finished their current Checkerboard Rails Leader & Ender Challenge.  Oh, mine is still very much in the beginning stages because I can’t rush it and I am currently trying to finish THIS one.  I’ve got one at home, and one at the cabin and it will probably take me the full year to get Checkerboard Rails done.  

But that’s okay by me.  It’s a Leader & Ender project, not a race.

20170816_170859

My Minnesota yard sale finds!

The pretty milk glass creamer was $2.00 and the lace edged plate was $1.  I couldn’t resist!  They are headed to the cabin today.

As I unpacked them last night all at once it hit me just what this floral edged creamer reminds me of! Oh my gosh! Does it or does it not resemble a toilet seat? Lol!

I can’t UNSEE it.  It just cracks me up every time I look at it now.  LOL.

I mentioned last night during Quilt-Cam that  the next Quilty Box had arrived and to expect a Give-Away post today, but I’ve decided to save it for tomorrow instead.  Better timing all around.

I’m hitting the ground running this morning and anxious to get up to the cabin!  Irene will be joining me from Kentucky this evening!  HOORAY!

8_17_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Scrappy trips quilt shared during our Minnesota workshops last week.

If you want to get things done, get in there and do it!

Have a great Thursday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

8 comments:

  1. Continued prayers for your brother. Love the quilt layout and enjoyed Quilt-cam last night. Peace and blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gravy boat reminds me of a bed pan. (Sorry! Hope that doesn't deter you from using it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie I think you have a gravy boat and not a creamer but its yours and you can use for whatever you want and call it whatever you want. Its lovely.

    Praying for your brother and you and the entire family. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect creamers, and I've never seen one like that. Too funny! It does look like a toilet.

    With best wishes for your brother and all your family.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for quilt cam and explaining webbing. I hope you and Irene have a great time. I get so excited thinking about the mystery. I get so iexcited and this my "go to" with life and a mother suffering from dementia.

    Many thoughts and prayers coming to you and your family for Mark.

    Thanks again for everything you do for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the visual. I continually piece my quilt blocks backwards, upside-down and even get them in the wrong row. Amazing
    tracinecharest at Gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only I'd seen this a few days ago - I thought I might try webbing to put my top together but I gave up and just did it in columns instead. Thank you - a heavenly choir of angels moment as I understood! The pages of a book! Simple and effective - which suits me fine!

    Laughed at the loo seat!

    All the best for your brother. My father-in-law is undergoing a new trial (returning prostate cancer with renewed energy and moving to kidneys and elsewhere) with new sorts of drugs. He is apparently going very well and the nasty bits are dwindling rapidly. I do hope there is a similar thing for your brother. As time passes, there are so many new discoveries for cures - let's hope he has success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful video Bonnie. I am webbing a floor cushion right now, thank you for showing me how. What a great speedy method.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)