>>>>

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Quilt-Cam 4/4/2017

Siri_MidnightFlight
This Midnight Flight quilt  from More Adventures with Leaders & Enders is Siri’s current project, started at retreat in Texas with me several weeks ago.

I just love those 4 patches, they are my favorite part of this quilt!  And all of these happy fabrics coming together – I am giving her 3 cheers!

She writes:
Siri from Texas again, forgot to add picture of midnight flight blocks!!  Yes, 4 patches, hundreds of 4 patches, but I love making them!!!  I am sorry I will miss you at the Bear Creek workshop later in April!! 
It’s just beautiful, Siri!

Her email was sent in during our Quilt-Cam fun that happened in Facebook Live last evening.

So many emails, so many photos, so many updates - -and I loved spending the time with you stitching together.

Siri wasn’t the only one working on Midnight Flight – This one is by Helen:


HelenFox_MF

She changed out the cheddar for aqua!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Hi Bonnie
Midnight Flight still progressing! Now working on the borders. So far 3168 pieces . . .
From a our workshop at Naperville (Chicago Cocoon) 12 months ago
And now coming to you from Melbourne Australia. It's a beautiful sunny day
Hugs. Helen Fox
Thanks for sharing the Midnight Flight love, Helen!

Maria_QOV

A Quilt of Valor!

This beautiful big block ribbon star was made by Maria.  She writes:

Hi Bonnie I'm from Massachusetts but I winter in Florida and I just finished a quilt for my brother who is serving right now and I made him a quilt of valor for him being in the service and he just turned 50 also here's a picture of it

Big, bold and beautiful – I just know he is going to love it!

Sharon_MI

Blue & Yellow recycled fabrics! 
Hi Bonnie!  Sharon from Michigan.
Tonight I'm getting ready to quilt a top I made for my mother from 2.5" squares of thrifted blue and yellow shirts.

So glad to have a chance to work along with you tonight!
Oh, I love it.  Doesn’t it look like spring?  I just love seeing what you are working on over on your side of the monitor while I work here on my side.

As for me --

20170404_194112

I set in to make some more Four in Nine blocks!

Click the arrow on the screen to start the feed and sew along with me!


 I’m off to Alabama this morning.  I know there are weather warnings. I could hardly sleep last night thinking about them.

My plan is to go as far as I can, and if weather gets bad, I will seek shelter and just stop.  I may hole up in a hotel outside of the area overnight, and get up extra early and drive the rest of the way tomorrow morning to get to my workshop.  

And if the work shop starts late because of it, so be it.  The most important thing is to be safe, and that goes for all of those who are traveling in for this series of 7 workshops and 3 lectures in the Birmingham area.  BE SAFE.

4_5_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Or in the infamous words of my friend Sally, "Let go or be dragged!"

This lovely grandmother's flower garden quilt was sent to me as a cabin warming gift from my friend Karen. I love it to pieces!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. Safe Travels, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I could catch most of Quilt CAM. I'm up before the Granddaughters this morning. Be safe today. Which Vintage machine is traveling with you today? Working on my Humble Quilts Doll Quilt Swap while the girls sew today. I love cutting Flying geese with the Essential Triangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie, just a quick note.... I saw the quilt your friend sent you and started to chuckle. From the corner of my eye it looked like fried eyes... so cute though. Be safe...
    Jean C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe traveling, Bonnie! I am very excited about Friday's class! I can't wait to meet you!
    -Ellen D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Bonnie, I wish you were coming to Australia, Victoria preferably, to teach a class. However, I would travel anywhere In our beautiful country to attend one of your classes. Cheers Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie:
    Here are warm thoughts and Prayers off to all of you headed to the Alabama or just plain South East part of the US. Please Be safe, take shelter if need be and have some fun, too!

    Donna
    Kasilof, AK
    Where it is Cloudy with a little rain and snow melting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quilt! What a wonderful gift... Safe travels, <3 "MomCats"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love that hexagon quilt! What a fun, cheerful, colour scheme! Karen is a good friend. :D

    ReplyDelete

  9. $250 Per Day! Free Earn Money With Prof

    http://intlwords.com/250-per-day-free-earn-money-with-prof/

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)