As with any group, some years more people are able attend, and other years --- there is a skeleton crew ---we know that quilting is what happens in and around our lives, and family things do come up.
This year? BONUS! I think we had 12 of us there! The only one missing was Sharon, and she was out of the country, so that is understandable ----but she was missed!
I took more pictures of projects to share ---but even more important than the quilts finished, are the people behind the needle!
Whhhhhhaaa! Next time! I promise, next time it will come! You will notice that Karen’s troll has her signature “Slime Green” for hair, and matches her shirt.. ;c)
Mrs Goodneedle, and Muriel visiting and laughing during our last couple of hours…I should have taken more photos, but I was chained to my machine! We did take time to take a group photo, hopefully that turned out, and Mrs G will post it for us!
Everyone else had left…..but next time I’ll be better with the camera. Projects worked on this weekend:
There are more that DIDN’T make it in…either because I was not quick enough with my camera, or just too busy to remember to stop and take photos!
- The sampler at the top is Laura’s – she worked on putting borders on.
- Muriel was doing beautiful faux trapunto on the applique batik quilt ---
- The storm at sea belongs to karen!
- Karen also finished the Christmas jacob’s ladder variation.
- Lisa has been hauling around this appliqued leaf and star confection for so long we can’t remember WHEN she started it! She put the last stitches in the top on Saturday!
- Holly put together her wonderful spinning stars top --- the stripes in this are SO FUN!
- Karen also worked at hand stitching her hexagon medallion to a black background piece. It’s fabulous!
- Lisa finished up this fun 9 patch variation quilt on Sunday morning, putting the last pressing in as it was time to UNPLUG the iron!