>>>>

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Posting About Tuesday...On Sunday!

I was going to do this last night,but DS# 1 Jason and his girlfriend Kim came and picked me up and we went out to a mexican place for dinner. I tell you, there is no better feeling than having your adult son WANT to spend time with you. I enjoyed the evening so much, just laughing and talking.

Kim is in the process of buying her first house. She even didn't need a co-signer! I am impressed with her in every way. She is smart, funny, loving, and I love watching her and Jason interact. For Christmas they got each other a pair of kitten siblings. Too cute!

Anyway....I didn't get to post about Tuesday because I came home and went to BED!
(and I didn't feel a bit guilty!)

So back to Tuesday! I stayed at Mary Lea's....it was perfect and we got along so well. She fixed me oatmeal for breakfast! Can't beat that! This first pic is of Mary Lea pressing. Isn't she just so cute?!


We arrived at the Library where our workshops were held. What a nice facility. Lots of light, lots of room, and a kitchen! Not to mention that the kitchen filled up quickly with yummies for our potluck lunch. I'd have to say that was the best part..Mmmmmm!



There were close to 25 in each class, and not too many took both classes, so that was a lot of quilters for me to remember who was who. It helped that most wore name tags.

You know, I always learn things when I give workshops. Look at this...she used those little drawer dividers to keep her strip sizes separate! Isn't this a cool idea?!

There is nothing I love more than the sound of 25 sewing machines humming along with the chatter and laughter of the quilters driving them! I love going around to everyone's table and seeing what colors and fabrics they had chosen for their quilts. I wish I had room and time to post everyone's pics!




I really love these. THey all turned out so fabulous!


Of course you know how it goes when you are chattering and sewing at the same time?! Whooops!! Triangles got sewn onto the wrong corners of the block! Never fear, she just invented a new quilt design! *LOL*

We sewed and sewed and ate and ate and laughed ourselves silly! I went around the room and gave everyone a shoulder/back/neck massage while they were working. What fun!

Here are a couple pics of my quilts spread about the room...we draped them over chairs. I brought a lot of unquilted tops with me because of the weight limits on the plane. It was a good encourager for me to quilt these and get them finished.I love each and everyone one of them!


We finished up by 4pm and headed out. After a quick little rest back at Mary Lea's...she and her hubby and I left again to go meet her daughter for crawfish dinner!
We went to a place called the Bogwalk which was really fun. I'd never had crawfish before, but had always wanted to try. I just needed someone to show me how to do it.Soon I was up to my elbows in spicy juices and my fingers were getting prune-y like I'd been swimming too long. MMmmmm! I loved it! I really loved how the potatoes and corn, when boiled with the crawfish and all the seasonings, take on the flavor of everything. YUM!!

Back to Mary Lea's with full bellies and fishy fingers...it wasn't long before we were all ready to crawl into bed and call it a day!

8 comments:

  1. I love that restaurant...your own paper towel roll on the table and forget the plates, just bring everything on a big tray for each person!

    Looks like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool! I've never had them either, but it looks sooo good in your picture! And everyones quilt blocks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and look I spy the Little Nine-X Patch! :)

    I've never experienced anything like this - all these quilters sewing away.

    I like the way you describe the sounds, walking around the room & seeing what everyone is coming up with (great pics of blocks) and experiencing the chatter & laughter. Real fellowship.

    Happy thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful it all looks. What design are those blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you gave the girls a great time. i love the picture of all of your quilts. :o)

    tracey
    www.theehandworks.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie...sounds like a wonderful time was had by all!

    I am surfing the CC Mystery ring, so it was inevitable that I make a pit stop here:).

    Thanx for hostessing the mystery!

    Hugs,

    Phyl

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fulfilling it must be for you to see all your quilts displayed around the room...just a beautiful sight!
    Gotta hand it to you about digging into the plate of little fish...I feel squeemish just looking at it on the computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those blocks. What is that pattern called?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)