>>>>

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Sunny Day Smiles!


Monday turned out to be the lovely day we were hoping for - it didn't rain!  The sky was blue.

And I grabbed a few willing quilters who wanted to get out for a walk, stretch their legs, breathe in some fresh air and MOVE their bodies after being inside since they arrived on Wednesday.

And I was raring to go too.  There had been so much rain and it was nice to have a cooperative day where we could just go close by and walk along the creek for about an hour.

That's it.  One hour.  We can step away from the machines and projects for one hour and do something good for our bodies.


And off we go!


Things are blooming - everywhere!


And the creek - not a great photo, but such a lovely sound.


Delicate little woodland blooms.


Even the colors of the wildflowers - so pretty against the green of leaves.


Favorite old barns begging to be photographed amidst all o the green - and that blue blue sky.


I've shared this old wreck of a car before.  I'm still curious about its story - this time we were delighted by the blooms on the bush growing out from under the hoot - or where the hood once was.

And that creek - just burbling by after all of the rain we've had.


Close up of blooms....


Back at the house - projects were being completed in hopes of some over-the-rail opportunities!


Bag finish for a swap - finished!


More blocks still on the design wall.


Units for a block of the month happening here -


Love this string quilt top finish!


And I had some finishes of my own!

Click to Play:


We have reached Blocks Done status!
⁣⁣
I'll start sewing this top together in the next day or so. I'm going to leave it here for a while just to look and see if anything sticks out or two of the same Fabrics are too close together.
⁣⁣
Whooohooo!⁣⁣

My hope is that this will be ready for a mid-August pattern release.

The May Quiltvillians are departing this morning. While laundry is running I'll be getting this top together.

When I get the top into the quilting machine, I'll start cutting those 30 kits I need for Ireland/Scotland coming up soon.

The Quilters of the Night arrive tomorrow -

Let's get this day going!


This happened last Friday!  Did you get your entry in on that post?

I'll be drawing for two winners who will each receive a Mabel's Choice PDF pattern from me and a Mabel's Choice cotton roll from Cotton to Quilts.


Check out the sweet prints and plaids!

Such a great stash enhancer!

We'll draw for our winners by random number generator on Monday, 5/27/24.

Create this striking quilt with just 3 shapes and boundless scraps! Easy instruction and alternative cutting directions along with full-color photos and graphics to ensure success.

Great for 1930s/1940s fabrics!

Quilt Size: 72’’ X 84’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are given for those who don't have access to these rulers.


Introductory pricing:


Price is marked 25% off already - no coupon needed!


Sale good through 5/31/24.



Quiltville Quote of the Day -


You are a work in progress! 🤗
Never stop learning, never stop exploring the possibilities, never stop growing!😎👍
Vintage spider web quilt found in North Carolina.

It's Tuesday! What are you going to do with it?



 

20 comments:

  1. today is my 83rd birthday and thanks to your lovely encouraging words, i am going to continue to create myself! Talk about a work in progress!!! That I am and thank yoou for being there for all of usteaching, encouraging, walking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday! I agree with you, Bonnie's encouraging words are indeed lovely and appreciated. Happy sewing :-) Jenny

      Delete
    2. Happy Birthday, cats! (I just did my 85th --almost twins)

      Delete
    3. Anonymous12:08 PM EDT

      Happy Happy Birthday Cats. I’ve already been in the garden for about 4 hours this morning. Off to do some errands, one of which is picking up fabric and sewing supplies I bought at auction, hooray! Hopefully finish the quilt on the longarm later. Fran in Pa

      Delete
    4. Happy Birthday Cats! I always enjoy reading your comments on this blog! Have a wonderful day and a happy, healthy year! I'm with you and Bonnie on the work-in-progress process of our lives!

      Delete
    5. Anonymous3:03 PM EDT

      Happy Birthday Cats!

      Delete
    6. Happy Birthday, Cats! I just celebrated my 80th, don't get around much, but love being home and creating, too, especially the small things, enjoy hearing your thoughts, keep them coming.

      Delete
    7. Kerryn Connor12:23 AM EDT

      Happy birthday Cats, you always have such lovely words to write.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on getting all those blocks done, that is the BEST feeling :0) Can't wait to see how it comes together Bonnie with your quilting, a border? and the final reveal! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new quilt top is fabulous, Bonnie! I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt this one. This looks like such a fun quilt to make and your use of color truly makes this top glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:07 AM EDT

    Sorry dear, but those are not thistles. It is Red Clover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:38 PM EDT

    What is name of the string quilt with the black border trim around each block. Love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:04 PM EDT

    I love your new quilt! I was surprised to see how much the orange corners turned into a lovely focal point once you set the blocks together - happy surprise! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the walking weather & the rain. Here in South Central Texas the heat is on... triple digit heat is coming. UGH!! Time to stay in & sew. We have a day & a half with the kids, & a workday on Friday. Then it's time to do what we want for a minute! I always love it when it's gotten to the "blocks complete" stage! WooHoo! Have a good evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:02 PM EDT

    Happy Birthday Cats! I really enjoy your posts and wish you continued health. I agree whole heartedly that Bonnie’s posts are so inspiring! She keeps us growing.
    Blessings,
    Dawn in Central Valley, Ca,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:02 PM EDT

    Happy Birthday Cats! I really enjoy your posts and wish you continued health. I agree whole heartedly that Bonnie’s posts are so inspiring! She keeps us growing.
    Blessings,
    Dawn in Central Valley, Ca,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cats, wishing you a blessed 83 years. You are an inspiration. You're always complimentary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the string quilt with the black and white sashing -- striking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Cats!! I celebrated my 83rd birthday last month:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the blocks for eclipsed are so cool. Looking forward to the pattern for this one. I love the quilt with the black frame blocks. Whatever it's called, to me it looks like gem stones. Great job on the tote. Thanks for sharing all.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)