>>>>

Friday, May 17, 2024

Mabel's Choice PDF Pattern & Gift-Away!


Happy Friday Quilty Folks!

It's finally here!

I've been looking forward to the release date of Mabel's Choice since I puot the last stitches into the binding a couple of months back.

I love everything about this quilt - the simple easy-to-piece blocks, the sweet reproduction 1930s - 1940s prints mixed with recycled shirt plaids - even the solid barely off-white background (Which is something I rarely do but was just right for this quilt) all the way down to the hand quilting stitches that hold it all together.

It's finally in PDF pattern format and ready for you to make your own!


It all started with some blocks I had picked up at an antique mall - they were a bit wonky, but I knew that if I took them apart I could re-cut them correctly and sew them back together.  Those blocks had possibilities

There were a couple of plaid blocks included with the cute vintage dress prints, so I carried on that theme, pulling sweet plaids and stripes from the recycled 100% cotton shirts bin.


How fun are these blocks?

(And the shoes too, right?)

I found out that this block is originally called "The Broken Path" and first appeared in print in 1939.  Perhaps my original blocks were inspired by that newspaper pattern?


I loved sharing the quilting in progress -

Evening slow stitching is my favorite way to wrap up the day.


Those free-hand fans quilted up just right.


Vintage Appeal!

Create this striking quilt with just 3 shapes and boundless scraps! Easy instruction and alternative cutting directions along with full-color photos and graphics to ensure success.

Great for 1930s/1940s fabrics!

Quilt Size: 72’’ X 84’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are given for those who don't have access to these rulers.


Introductory pricing:


Price is marked 25% off already - no coupon needed!


Sale good through 5/31/24.


And yes, there is a gift-away!



I'll be drawing for two winners who will each receive a Mabel's Choice PDF pattern from me and a Mabel's Choice cotton roll from Cotton to Quilts.


Check out the sweet prints and plaids!

Such a great stash enhancer!

We'll draw for our winners by random number generator on Monday, 5/27/24.

Good luck, everyone!



Winner must have fabric prize shipped to a USA address.  If you are outside of the USA, we can ship to a friend within the USA who can then forward it on to you.


And the whole reason it is named what it is named - Mabel Mae, the best "Everything Bagel" we could wish for!

The May Quiltvillians are in the house and quilting up a storm.  I'll be sharing some of what they are getting up to in tomorrow's post.

I can't believe we are headed into the weekend already - 

I'm hoping for no rain and perhaps some long walks -

But first - today - HAIRCUT!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I'm in!
Who else is coming?
Happy Friday, everyone!


 

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM EDT

    Love the story behind Mabel"s Chioce. The colors and pattern are eye pleasing. Homey and a bit modern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this vintage quilt. Great job Bonnie! I am definitely going to make this quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Jo Cloke9:55 AM EDT

    Very nice pattern. I would love to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt pattern and Mabel Mae . . . AND the quote! Where do I catch that bus?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:57 AM EDT

    Love Mabel Mae, would love to do this for my next hand quilting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shoes! The Bow Tie quilt in the background of your quote is attractive, too. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:12 AM EDT

    Mabel is so darn cute. Love this pattern named after her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Count me in on that bus!
    Getting ready for Michigan's Shop Hop too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:49 AM EDT

    A party bus for antique and thrift stores YES!!! But we need one of those charter buses with all the underneath storage areas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had an Aunt Mabel. She was my Father's oldest sister love all the fun fabrics you used. This is one I would make using all the shirts!!. When does the bus leave?? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Mabel's Choice. Now that is a party bus I would pay to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't mind getting on that bus! Great Quilt... Great Puppy... Have a Great Day/Weekend/sewing time....

    ReplyDelete
  13. That would be the most fun party bus ever. I have the last of my 30s fabrics stashed back for a special quilt, and I think this is the one. Thanks for creating this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE this quilt! It looks so vintage with the design and those fabrics, and the checkerboard border really adds to the charm. Are all of the fabrics different, not any repeats? I am definitely going to make this quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:54 AM EDT

    You are hard to keep up with.lol.i don’t know how you do it! 🤗😁

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous5:51 PM EDT

    Would love to win this prize, since I would make the quilt in memory of my Mom - Mabel :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)