>>>>

Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Quiltmaker July/Aug '22 Gift-Away!


I've been putting this off for a couple of weeks.

I had too many irons in the fire all at the same time!

And now that our long holiday weekend has passed, I thought I'd toss this up there and see if I can get you SEWING!

I wait eagerly for each issue - I'm ready to dive in to the next installment of Ruby Jubilee, celebrating Quiltmaker's 40th year of quilty existence.  And of course to see which Addicted to Scraps block they chose for this issue - because that is a surprise to me too.


And when I saw that cover and peeked inside -

I was thrilled with the whole rainbow of quilt possibilities!


Traditional goes modern with this beautiful album block quilt in red!


Vintage Dishware by Natalie Crabt4ree!

Love the green!


Blueberry Hill by Aby Dolinger!


Grape Soda by Ramona Sorensen!


Over the Rainbow by Charisma Horton.

And more - there are wonderful articles and more quilts and inspiration with each turn of the page.

Magazine are STILL your best bang for the buck when it comes to the number of quilt patterns and information you get with each issue.


And then there is Ruby Jubilee!

Yes, I took this photo of the page sideways because it fits the page better here.  Better horizontal than vertical for those who are scrolling.

It is so much fun to see the blocks I've shared in my over 10 years writing the Addicted to Scraps column for Quiltmaker - recolored, resized and ready to sew together (soon!) into the Ruby Jubilee year-long mystery.


These are my blocks from the July/August issue -

I'm going PURPLE this year!

Are you sewing along with us?


How about these little cuties from my Addicted to Scraps column?

The block is called Square Pegs!


(Sorry for the shiny page)

This one I made in red/white/blue specifically for flag season.

Some of those scraps are ages old - and yes, I pulled them all out of my scrap squares boxes - and made these blocks as Leaders & Enders while working on the other blocks that have appeared in the 2022 issues of Quiltmaker.

That's just how I roll around here!

If you don't have a subscription already, would you like to win a copy?

I only have ONE copy to gift-away this time.  They only sent me two - one for me, and one to gift.


We will draw for our winner next Monday, 7/11/22. 

Good luck, everyone!

If our winner is outside of the USA, they may have the prize shipped to a friend within the USA who can forward it on to them.


Triple Treat under my needle!

Did you dive into our new Leader & Ender project Triple Treat yet? I released our challenge on Saturday, so if you've been away for the long weekend, check it out!

I'm already seeing many test blocks popping up all over social media.  It's going to be a great year for Triple Treat quilts!

Remember to tag your photos with #tripletreatquilt and #leadersandenders so we can find your posts and cheer you on!

Some of my fabrics are decades old - I did most of my fabric stashing in the early 2000s (Which is 20 years ago? WOW!) during my so called "self-medication" phase.  I was raising teenage boys at the time.  LOL. 

This fabric is still as worthy as anything that comes off the bolt nowadays in my book, and I'm digging deep to sew these scraps up into something wonderful.

I love how they look when paired with my newer fabrics!

Are you an equal opportunity fabric user?  Sew it all in there!

Today - it's a Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday. Short-sheeted week ahead.

Housekeeper Susan is on hand to work her magic on getting the inn ready for Judy's Stitchers to arrive tomorrow afternoon from Mississippi.

My to-do list is a mile long.

I'm ready to tackle it head on!

How about things in your neck of the woods? What is on your to-do list for today?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Vintage 1950s quilt found in Kentucky.

Thank you Mother Teresa for putting things into perspective.

I'll keep my focus on this through this short week ahead -


 

7 comments:

  1. I'm working on the new L E challenge as I assemble pineapple blossom... everything is cut for triple treat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant surprise! I already have over 70 of these little 4patches in my stash! and they are all red and white! Just need to round up some of those blues from my 2 1/2" strip bin and I'll be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finishing the binding on my Cherry Punch, because it has more than red/ pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt you have as your background for the quote today. I wondered if the white is appliqued over the prints or are they all pieced? It is so pretty! I love the new Quiltmaker issue and need to finish looking through mine! Have a great day! K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to sleep in again today. Lots of Fireworks going in our neighborhood. I got my Copy of QM so I'll let someone else win this time. I love your Purple, I gotta get my July Blocks made. Can't wait to see how it all fits together. Errands to the Dry Cleaners and to get some Swiffer stuff this afternoon. Construction Zones make the errands take longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, With no warning, I've stopped receiving your emails with your posts, and I REALLY miss them. Help, Please! Love your messages and am lost without them. Thanks much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger discontinued their mail notification service. I have had to start over from scratch. Please visit the blog on a real computer where the side columns are visible (not on a phone) and sign up again at the top of the right hand column. Remember to confirm your subscription when you receive the welcome email.

      Delete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)