>>>>

Friday, January 29, 2021

Snow Day Sew Day Fun with Forever Mine!


I had ONE thing in mind for yesterday.

Just one.

With Wednesday's forecast that snow would be arriving - and not just a slight dusting, but heralded as a significant winter storm warning, I grabbed some items from the Quiltville Post Office studio so I'd have everything I needed on hand to turn some leftover Forever Mine parts into a cute topper.

My planning ahead made my snow day!


Stringing the rectangles for the hearts!

My day was full of guilty pleasures.  It felt like a Saturday or a Sunday to me, and I didn't feel the least bit guilty binging several episodes of Outlander season 4 on Netflix. I've waited a long time for this season to be available!

(If it is going to be made available on Netflix eventually, I'll just wait rather than subscribe to Starz.)

The adventures of Jamie, Claire, Brianna and Roger - my happy heart and busy hands spent a wonderful day!


Stringing up the aqua/turquoise for the heart bases!

I really didn't need too many -

But I had the whole tub with me here anyway because - well, you never know which way those borders are going to lead you.


Hearts in construction!


Everything else for the center block was left over from the runner and wall hanging construction. These were the only parts I needed to make "from scratch."


It was 4pm-ish when I finished putting the final red string border on.

I don't know where this day flew to, but I certainly enjoyed every minute of watching this little ditty come together.  

Finished size: 27'' square.

I hope to clear the long arm rail of all of the strips I have stacked on it today - find a backing and batting scrap big enough (will piece some if needed!) and quilt this up.

27'' is perfect for a hanging, an island topper, or for a small square or round table.

While this variation is not included in my Forever Mine! pdf pattern, you can easily make one block following the pattern directions, and frame it with borders of your own choosing.

Because we need to keep the good things going, the introductory price for Forever Mine is marked at 25% off the regular price  ($9.00) and I will keep it at 25% off through Valentine's Day.  After that, the price reverts to $12.00.

Do I need to remind you that I am gifting away TWO free Forever Mine! patterns on Monday?  One for our winner, one for their friend!


We have another Forever Mine! PDF pattern gift away and fabric bundle to go with it from Mary’s Quilt Shop!

Get your entry in on THAT POST

If you are looking to enhance your stash for your own version of my Forever Mine quilt, check out the gorgeous pinks, reds, aquas and neutrals designed by Mary Koval for Windham fabrics on that post as well! 

Mary’s Quilt Shop is happy to pull together a hand picked selection of fat quarters for you!

Mary's Quilt Shop is in Bedford, Pennsylvania and they are open by appointment during the time of Covid.

Drop Mary an email at Marysquiltshop@comcast.net to arrange an appointment, or place an order to be shipped to you! 

These fabrics are not available for purchase on her website - so drop her an email for a custom fabric pull, just for you!


Found while stripping down the neutrals -

Do you recognize THIS PRINT!?

I still think it is the cutest sweetest little neutral ever, and I remember having it in several color ways.

Somehow I ended up with this 1/2 yard piece and decided to strip the whole thing so I could get it into scrap play instead of saving it whole for later.

1989.  These are the kinds of fabrics I would by BEFORE reproductions were available, when I was looking for something that just simply said "old fashioned."  Love it!


Zoey wishes everyone a happy Friday!

The van is parked at the bottom of the hill, of course - so we'll be bundling up (It was 14 when I woke up this morning! Brrrr!) to trundle me down the hill the van.  I'll let it heat up while scraping the windshield as there is likely a couple of inches covering it.

And today will be under way.

How about your own Friday?  What plans do you have for today?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Sometimes we have so many projects spinning that we find it hard to know where to start.
Progress is slow if we try to give too much attention to too many things.
Today pick just one!


 

24 comments:

  1. Today I will pick from my current projects my Valentine hearts quilt. It only needs sashing and a few more blocks so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grassy Creek Mystery! Will finish clue 4 and start 5! Focus focus focus! Thank you, Bonnie... Cats in a rainy blustery Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I feel you. We got 10" of snow on Monday, a bit more through the week, and are supposed to get several inches of a freezing mix tomorrow. Soooo, my Friday is going to be a grocery run. Bundle up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I am getting my first covid vaccine.. After which I will work on the flannel squares quilt from my late son's flannel shirts. I have one done, 2 more to go for the grand kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you today “Grandma” 💖

      Delete
  5. It's a laundry day and stay warm day. Windchill makes it colder in the Midwest!! Happy Friday! Saying bye to our Mission President.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today is more guild bookkeeping work for me. Thinking I will reward my self with some kitting up of leaders & Enders for a QOV I'm wanting to get done (sooner rather than later). The L/E are from the previous L/E challenge. I'm making the entire quilt in three different sizes of the Shoo Fly. Stay warm today

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for today's Quilt Quote. I need this reminder frequently! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was gifted with 4 packed garbage bags of scraps! Not just small pieces, some fat quarters and lots of 2 1/2” strips. I have been picking away at this all week, down only half a bag. That’s how packed it is, keeps exploding the more I pull out! Also need to finish a binding on a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fun day! And, I think I may still have a piece of that 1989 fabric. I think it was an RJR fabric. Oh how I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet pattern. I finished my Winter Blues in pink today as a crib quilt. Thank you for writing and sharing so many amazing scrap patterns with us. You can view it here: https://new2quilting.blogspot.com/2021/01/winter-blues-in-pink-is-friday-finish.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The small Forever Mine is even cuter than the full-size! And Zoe looking like a queen on HER quilt! She hit the jackpot when you found her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, I've got some of that sweet neutral print. I love seeing the variety of prints in your work and it's a thrill when I recognize one,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes I do have some of that fabric leftover...in fact a large piece that I think was originally going to be a backing. Mine has tiny yellow roses. Still love that fabric. Found it buried in a vintage area of my stash this past year when I decided it was time to start cleaning it out and using it up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at all your snow! Beautiful! Love the block of one for today. I had better get that pattern. :) The quote today is perfect for me today. I have so many projects going. I do need to concentrate on just one, maybe two. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was gifted some fabric recently from someone's mom's stash and 2 yards of that sweet print was in it along with 2 bins of other yardage. This was due to my making 1500 mask from my own stash as a fundraiser for my church. I've ended up with more fabric than what I started with, albeit, older fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the quote, I was thinking of all the things I should get done. Was "feeling" like not doing none of them. I picked one and am heading to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, we have gone from 77 degree summer like weather last week to the atmospheric river of massive rainfall here on the coast of California! We have sunshine today. ❤️ Today I am working on my block assembly for Grassy Creek. Thank you for this yearly mystery! I hope you will continue to spread the joy it brings for so many!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah! That fabric! I was going to guess 1989. I had it in blue flowers. It was one of my first fabrics when I started to quilt. I worked on red and blue 2 1/2" strips for my daughter's t-shirt quilt. It's my fourth one. I can't wait to work only on this one, get it done, and move on to another project. Happy Friday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Today is Finish it up Friday at my house. I hope to prep everything needed to make 25 fabric postcards and finish the 48 blocks that I am piecing to make a brightly colored lap quilt. I have also scheduled an all day sew day via Skype for Sunday. I will be sewing with 3 friends located in Scotland, Washinton State and Florida! We sew, we chat, we answer questions and generally support each other. Amazingly we also very productive! I am looking forward to some social sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Forever Mine block looks like a postage stamp! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE Outlander too 💕 . I also look forward to your blog each day. I have only started following it this past year, thank you for providing constant inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love your Forever Mine design. Do plan to get it before the sale ends. I had to laugh when I saw your photo of fabric with the 1989 copyright. That's the year my daughter was born. I know I have fabrics that predate motherhood. Two ladies I know through an online use your stash fabric theme group were talking about Cranston Printworks fabrics and where they used to purchase them in Australia, was the company still in business, was anyone else familiar with those prints. Half the world away as I'm reading their conversation it occurs to me that unless I tell them, they won't know that the fabric they're talking about was made in the city where my husband grew up. One of my daughter's first fabric shopping trips was to the factory store back when they had one, the back of her wedding quilt is CPW fabric. One of the Aussie ladies is planning a Sunbonnet Sue to feature her Cranston floral prints. Small world and know I can help her out with a care package if she runs short. Just love the way fabrics connect quilters whether we're around the corner or across the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I’m also catching up with Outlander, using a one month subscription to Starz. Love sewing and watching!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)