>>>>

Monday, October 24, 2016

A Blue Ridge Parkway Sunday…

20161023_144445
“Autumn days.  Lying on a bed of leaves, watching clouds up through the trees…..”  Lyrics from a favorite Barry Manilow song I loved to sing as a teen.

I love autumn!  the change of the colors, the longer nights, the later sunrises, the smell and sound of leaves underfoot.

And I got a big dose of it this weekend!

It all started with a Sadie walk yesterday…sweet girl was in her element! 

She was so happy to be up here she was nearly PRANCING through the woods as we took our morning walk.

Take a look:





Such a happy girl ! I was so afraid she was going to stop and squat during the filming of this little video, but whew….she just kept on going!

It was a beautiful afternoon to be out and about and the Blue Ridge Parkway was where I wanted to be to see what fall was doing in the mountains.

20161023_141405

Riding shot gun!

20161023_142815

Such a pretty day!

20161023_143143

Gorgeous vistas.

20161023_144833

Color around every turn.

We don’t get the brilliant oranges and reds that the Norteast gets, but I’ll take the “everything touched with gold” illumination that happens when sun shines through these trees, showcasing them against a Carolina blue sky.

20161023_145103

We even hiked up to get a better view!

20161023_150037

I so love these mountains!

20161023_150046

Sunny Selfie!

There was a reason to go out and about.  We were checking out some areas we might like for properties.  Yes.  This is really going to happen.  I don’t know the time frame, it may take a while for the cabin to sell.  But if you don’t open the door, the possibilities can’t happen.

Some painting of the stairwell to the basement happened yesterday.  Some dusting of ceiling fans, some taking a good look at stuff that can be organized, put away, or moved back to the house so this place is ready to show.

Change is something that has always been very hard for me, but once I have a vision of where the next thing will be…it’s easier to move toward that goal.  I hope the same happens with this situation.  I hope that someone loves what I have loved and can see themselves happily here for years to come.

20161023_165339

Some evening pumpkin sewing.

I finished the foundations needed for the lap-quilt version of the pumpkin quilt.  Next up will be cutting backgrounds and getting those ready to add. Perhaps that will be tomorrow evening’s round of Quilt-Cam fun?  

Remember that we are doing Quilt-Cam LIVE on Facebook.  It will start at 8pm Eastern my my Quiltville Facebook page.  If you have liked my page, and if you have clicked FOLLOW you will get an announcement  from within Facebook when I do go live.

If you are on my Facebook Page BEFORE I go live, you will need to refresh the page to see the post when it does go live. 

After the fact, we will upload the archive to  my YouTube channel and embed it in the blog post which will be archived under the Quilt-Cam tab at the top of the blog.

20161024_081341

Last evening’s binding finish!

20161024_081415

Hooray for shirts!

I’m happy to have this one done, I’ll be teaching it in early spring, and I’m happy to have another sample with me.  If I can get some time, I’ll edit the free pattern for Scrappy Mountain Majesties to also show this layout at the end of the pattern for those who would like to give it a try.  I love ANYTHING in a “barn raising” layout and this was very fun to do.

Update on the book order status:  I just got a call from Yellow Frieght, another 2,000 copies will be at the depot ready to pick up this evening.  tomorrow I will fill those orders just waiting for the Addicted to Scraps book only.  Hopefully by the time I get back from Market the Essential Triangle Tools will also be in stock, and those who ordered just the tools, or the book & tool bundle will start to ship again.

I really can’t stress enough how much I appreciate your patience.  I am ONE PERSON and doing all I can to get everything out to you in a timely manner.

And while we’ve got all of THIS going on, there is also a mystery to prepare for!  Be looking for yardage requirements and background info to be released VERY SOON!!  Oh, this is going to be such a fun year!  Just wait until you see the COLORS!

Things to remember:

The drawing for the October Quilty Box happens tonight!  Did you enter ON THAT POST?

We’ve also got the “Shift Happens” Gift-Away bundle up for grabs HERE.  Be sure to enter!

10_24_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

The choices you make today will put you on the path to your tomorrow. Which way are they leading you?

Oregon or Bust quilt from my book Scraps & Shirttails II.

Have a terrific Monday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. OH, your going to make so many people happy when you post colors & fabrics for the Mystery Quilt. There are so many just bursting at the seams, they can't wait for your announcement. I have found that moving on, is just another step in the joys of life. I wish you the best.
    Thanks for all the daily updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful mountain photos! I hope you find your next little bit of heaven soon. We'll miss seeing your Quiltville flag on Buck Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I have nothing on my calendar for Quiltcam time! Still patiently waiting for the Color cards reveal. Are you thinking of building now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I have nothing on my calendar for Quiltcam time! Still patiently waiting for the Color cards reveal. Are you thinking of building now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I will be driving the Blue Ridge Parkway coming back from New York to Houston while you are at the Quilt Festival. I hate to miss the Quilt Festival this year, but I figured a company paid vacation was worth it. We are really looking forward to all the beautiful scenery. Looking forward to the new mystery too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was quilt-cam on today, Monday? I looked all over FB and couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, regarding your mystery this year, would you rate it an intermediate or advanced level? I just finished the Grand Illusion (have the final 2 borders to put on, then it will be done) and whew, that was a tough one. Not difficult, but very repetitive at times (I thought I would NEVER get finished with Step 2!). Perhaps compare this mystery to other patterns we may be familiar with in terms of difficulty......

    Good luck selling your home and we look forward to seeing the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, I think I spied a Shagbark Hickory tree on your walk. Do you collect Hickory nuts, in the woods? So good to eat!
    We went to Brasstown, NC on Sunday. In far South NC. NO color there, at all. And, none in my North GA Mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, I think I spied a Shagbark Hickory tree on your walk. Do you collect Hickory nuts, in the woods? So good to eat!
    We went to Brasstown, NC on Sunday. In far South NC. NO color there, at all. And, none in my North GA Mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bonnie! Please check out Ashe County for property-there are so many gorgeous spots in these mountains. We'd love to have you over here!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)