>>>>

Friday, October 07, 2016

Thursday on the Oasis!



Full day of class, number two!

And I thought surely we have had MORE of this, but no!  Our first full day happened on Monday.  Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday were all port days, so all of our sewing happened during Open Sew in the evenings.

And these gals are making tons of progress on their Razzle Dazzle quilts!

And there is still plenty of time to catch a show, catch some sun on the deck, or do whatever you want without fear of being left behind.

I’m all about LOW KEY CRUISING for this retreat at sea.  Come and go as you please.  Sew as much as you want at your own pace.  And make a lot of new friends while doing it.


We are in our happy place!

This ship has over 5,500 passengers.  And another 2,500 crew.  it’s a floating city.  There are mobs of people wherever you go.

And our sewing space in the conference room on deck 3 has become our quiet respite!  It’s my favorite place on the ship!

I did take some time up on the pool deck during lunch…..I MUST make at least one pass by the self-serve ice cream station each day.


Hot, humid, noisy, and no empty deck chairs.

Where would you rather be?  Yeah.  Me too!


Hanging with my peeps where everyone has a seat!


We do our own kind of dance party down here!


Synchronized iron pressing! LOL!

I put all of our fun in a quick clip below:



And we get to repeat this day TODAY as our last class day at sea.  We will wind up shop about 4pm, and celebrate our fun week with a cocktail party at 5pm in the Jazz Lounge.

This week has flown by. 



This morning’s sunrise.  I haven’t checked the news for what is going on with Hurricane Matthew, but I hope that if you are in the path, that you are safe and warm and withstanding the wind.

We will pull into Fort Lauderdale tomorrow morning, and I don’t know if we will still find the airport closed, or what it is going to take to get all of us home, but we will deal with that when we get there.


Breakfast on the balcony has become a ritual!

10_7_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

I find this to be so very true in many ways. I find it hard to create unless I am in a creative frame of mind. That said, even when I'm not feeling it, encouraging myself to get in there and do something positive will often bring creativity back as I work my way through whatever I am dealing with.

Razzle Dazzle quilt is our cruise project this week, and you can get the pattern in the May / June 2016 issue of Quiltmaker magazine.

Happy Friday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

5 comments:

  1. Well, your weather out there in the Caribbean sure is better than ours here in central Florida today! It looks like you're having an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those customers waiting. HOWEVER, I want you safely home, spending quality time with loved ones first, relaxing a bit.....then chop, chop get our orders! 😂😅❤😉 love and appreciate all you do! Be safe and enjoy your 1st class rides! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of those customers waiting. HOWEVER, I want you safely home, spending quality time with loved ones first, relaxing a bit.....then chop, chop get our orders! 😂😅❤😉 love and appreciate all you do! Be safe and enjoy your 1st class rides! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are bringing back so many memories.. safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is a link to our last cruise night video. We really got stuck in
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=876084235834469&id=100002987024701
    Have a laugh

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)